potus speech

I'm glad I didn't watch it, and I doubt Assad did it, also.

+1...Busting a gut to shoot off some munitions in Syria but could not save American lives in Benghazi when no constitutional requirement to get Congressional approval existed. Assets within distance to make a difference. Nope. Did not watch it. No way to know what the truth is anyway. However I do believe that both sides of the Syrian civil war are not our friends. I say "stay out of Syria". No upside for us. All my elected officials know how I feel but doubt if that means anything.
  • Like 5

I watched, I heard, and still do not believe Assad did it.

All i heard was that they have proof chemical weapons were used, that point is irrelevant because no one is arguing if they were or were not used. I think we all pretty much know they were.

Congressman today said after seeing this super classified material (secret squirrel club level stuff), the only thing it did was cause more doubt in the argument that assad did it.

My wife interrupted my assembly of my new ladder stand in the garage to ask if I was coming in to watch Obama's speech. Kinda kickin me in the ribs and chuckling. I said nope, I stepped in dog $?#@ on the way in the house, and I was good for the day. Lemme tell ya, it sure was peaceful out there and I wasn't even really in the woods, but I escaped his lies and destruction for a couple of hours! Of course now I'm hearing all about it from my friends and it seems to have been what I expected.
  • Like 1
Guest ThePunisher
Didn't want to watch the commie big ears tell lies to the American people. I'm tired of waiting for nearly 3 and 1/2 years to elapse so hopefully I won't see his a.. anymore.
I turned it on there and watched about 30 seconds. I said "what an asshole" to my wife. I then got up and went down to the garage to work on my four wheeler. Came back up after 30 minutes or so and watched "Wag The Dog" that I dvr'ed from 7pm. I find it strangely ironic that it was on at the same time.
  • Like 1

Yeh, that's true about him sucking. The big thing happening is that other things are being forgotten, and his overall policy

is being achieved due to a lack of understanding and cynicism. He wants everything that is happening to happen. This

ain't theater, but well planned and orchestrated systematic destruction of anything left that is good about our country.

Whatever his speech did, last night, was to show him to be a fool when he meant for it to look like it. He really doesn't care

about his appearance in any group. All he wants is to bring this country down. He is succeeding.

Ok I tried to watch it but fell asleep in recliner before it came on so had to stay up to see repeat of in on Fox. A speech that lasted 15.5 minutes that had several topics covered and none of it made any sense at all. Just a bunch of half truths and nothing made any sense. Now what I did see and what he did say was that in 1997 the entire earth of countries came together under the UN and except for 7 countries the rest of the world has said that the Use of Chemical and biological weapons would be band by every nation. That is a band of these weapons in over 178 countries including China, Russia and the rest of major world power players. So why is it that 178 countries have band the use of them are all not up in arms over the fact that they were used and why is it the only our POTUS is throwing a fit over it. Where is the other 177 other countries in the UN that agreed to this back in 1997? I agree that is was a shame that they were used and used in a country that did not agree with the rest in 1997 but in his speech he did not 100% prove that Assad and not the militants used the weapons. Assad's military leaders sending radio messages to his troops in that area does not prove he fired them. It proves that his military may have intercepted a message that Chemical weapons are going to be used and his troops need to have gas masks.  In all probably the militants used the weapons just to try and drag the U.S. into it to help them...........jmho

Because those other nations don't have any clout within the UN Security Counsel. They also probably didn't have a clue

what they voted for, either.

There are other things going on besides this chemical weapons situation. He is using all this as an excuse to hide his hand

in aiding and abetting Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood. He is getting his way in covering up Benghazi, and the other

scandals currently forgotten. So many other things to cover up, also, that his distractions that could cause a WWIII are more

important. He has no foreign policy, except for the other guy's benefit.

• Moderators

Well hell, we should have bombed them for that.

Speaking of bombs, a conventional bomb is just a collection of unstable chemicals. Just thought I would throw that out there.

I like Judge Andrew Napalitano's take on the idea of us "punishing" Syria (if Assad did actually order their use) for using chemical weapons on their own people.

“Who’s used chemical weapons on their own people? How far are we from Waco, Texas, where federal agents used chemical weapons to murder 76 Americans in 1993, in the Clinton administration? Can you imagine if China or Russia wanted to bomb us to punish us for what we did at the time?”

Speaking of bombs, a conventional bomb is just a collection of unstable chemicals. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Napalm is quite "chemical" and kills in a number of horrific ways, one of which is asphyxiation similar to various gas warfare . But it's internationally approved and all like that.

- OS

• Like 1

I think this has been mentioned once but when it comes to WMD's I would assume that in 1945 we were the first ones to ever use them. The Atomic Bomb I think would fall under the category of a WMD considering how much damage and carnage  they did and how many people they killed even years after they were dropped. Now with that said, Yes it did drive Japan to the peace table quickly and end WWII. The real difference is the use of Chemical weapons on people with a stone age mentality does not really work in my opinion. If we were to bomb them because of it we would be no better than the ones that used the chemical weapons because our bombs would do nothing more than kill a bunch more stone age innocent civilians. By now Assad has been able to move his weapons and filled those spaces with thousands of innocent civilians for us to kill and then parade the dead bodies all over the press to show what we did.........jmho