VICTORY IN CHICAGO !!!!!

Guest tangojuliet

Man, my friends in Chicago will enjoy that a lot.. I still wouldn't live there..

Still plenty of room in the IL carry statute for Chi to make carry itself practically impossible to do legally.

Their new "school safety corridors" or whatever they're called, take away legal packing in half the damn city for several hours a day as I understand it, for example.

But great on nixing the registration thing, for sure!

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

One small step for gun owners and on giant step back wards for anti gun advocates. You can bet this is going to start a lot of elected officials sweating their re-election bids in 2014 mid term elections for sure. Will be interesting to see how tones change when primaries begin soon.

• Like 1

Still plenty of room in the IL carry statute for Chi to make carry itself practically impossible to do legally.

Their new "school safety corridors" or whatever they're called, take away legal packing in half the damn city for several hours a day as I understand it, for example.

- OS

No worries, Chicago doesn't even need their antiquated gun registry any more. It was outdated and sucked up unnecessary city gov't resources.

Now that the NSA is compiling their own registry, Chicago can simply rely on the Feds to do the dirty work and it won't cost them a dime. See? Rahm is actually helping the Chicago municipal gov't to become more "efficient!" :tinfoil:

Edited by tartanphantom

- OS

Well I expect Rahm will have his goons enforce those laws to the extreme from day one. Hopefully when that happens the NRA will throw their weight behind it with lawyers and get some case law to negate some of that nonsense.

Well I expect Rahm will have his goons enforce those laws to the extreme from day one. Hopefully when that happens the NRA will throw their weight behind it with lawyers and get some case law to negate some of that nonsense.

The whole IL carry law makes ours look almost like constitutional carry. I expect much of the state will be relatively loose with it, but yeah you can bet Dead Fish will make it absolutely as much of a hell as possible in his turf.

- OS

Now will our HCP permits be recognized?

No, there is no reciprocity yet. They want $300 for a 5 year permit from someone out of state. You can however have a gun in your car if you can carry under the laws of your state, but it must be secured in a lock box if the vehicle is left unattended.

This is still all being worked out. I’m sure they will have reciprocity once all the permit holders there want to cross state lines.

doubt it will cause any gun deaths or save anyone from a gun death

It will never be reported that a legal gun owner saved his life with a gun. But I suspect many gang related killings will be blamed on legal gun ownership, at least by the mayors police force. 

Guest The Itis

Some more good news. It's still an uphill battle until they get all the thugs out of IL.

Well hopefully the thugs will throw themselves at the bullets more law abiding citizens will have.