Shooter at DC Navy Yard

I think that it's time for every American to step up to the plate and make it as clear as possible that if they even mention anything negatively about our 2nd Amendment Rights that they will be voted out of office at our first opportunity to do so. I know a lot of folks that are not members here that I am sending the link to everyday and I'm sure most everyone here knows a lot of other Pro 2nd Amendment people that would be more than glad to get involved in getting our elected officials in Washington DC to come to terms with the fact that not only are they going to have to fight the NRA and other Gun organizations but a major force of just American voters. I think it's time to let them know we will not go silently into the night and will not be a silent majority any longer..........jmho  I think if enough emails are received that they cannot keep up with them, kinda like a flood and not from NRA or Tea party but good old American voters it is going to have an effect and we can start with Corker and Alexander right here and get other folks we know is other states to start on their elected officials.............jmho again

FBI as of right now is confirming that shooter entered with a shotgun, and may have had two semi-auto pistols. They have found no evidence of an AR-15 that was carried in or taken from a guard

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm sure it won't stop Feinstein and Obozo from calling for more gun control.

Boy, it's just like day after Sandy Hook on the anti-gun hammering on MSNBC this afternoon, will continue on through prime time I'm sure.

Far as I know, the nut passed a background check in VA to get the shotgun, so I'm particularly sick of hearing about universal background check thing, and seems he may have not used an AR at all, or if he did, he didn't get it outside the building, so I'm sick of hearing about the assault weapon part too.

As we always knew, the yellowjacket nest is always there, just needs to be prodded at any time.

- OS

Guest nra37922

Thanks for clarifying. I'm sure it won't stop Feinstein and Obozo from calling for more gun control.

Bodies weren't even cold and Weinstein was dancing on their corpses.  Nothing like politicizing an event before all the facts are known.

I'm just about to think they should go ahead and pass confiscation. Then, for once, all their fear for the AR-15 will be real.

Yeah if they would just go ahead and ban them then we would know where everyone stood. Who would stand up for their rights and who would go along like good sheep. But it won't happen that way. These progressive idiots won't come out in the open and do it, they will continue to work their back door, under the table deals

Guest ThePunisher

Idiots say stupid stuff. Look it up :)

All you really have to do is listen to King Big Ears with or without his telepromter. All kinds of stupid s### comes out of his mouth.

Maybe we need to have a National Conversation about Freedom of the Press........maybe the press shouldn't be so free to make up "facts" as they go along.

Every agenda-fueled anti-gun mistake in reporting cost the newspaper/channel $100K donation to the NRA?

Guest ThePunisher
As to the background checks of employees from the FBI and other agencies, they certainly failed in checking the background of King Big Ears, or maybe b/c of 9/11 they've just been back logged in their investigations, and haven't gotten into investigating him yet. Boy, I bet J. Edgar Hoover is rolling in his grave now.
Guest The Itis

They say that if you put a frog into a pot of boiling water, it will leap out right away to escape the danger.

But, if you put a frog in a kettle that is filled with water that is cool and pleasant, and then you gradually heat the kettle

until it starts boiling, the frog will not become aware of the threat until it is too late.

Just to nip this falsehood in the butt, the original context of this involved a frog that was pithed (had its brainstem scrambled with a stick) and then put into water that was raised to boiling.

Since most people are scientifically illiterate, they did not know what pithing was and the take-home message was that a frog placed in water would stay there even if the water was gradually raised to a boil.

An unmodified, non-incapacitated frog would gtfo.

Guest The Itis

News nowadays care more about being first than being right.

They can always throw out a half-arsed "retraction" after the dust settles, but no one reads articles that aren't written (i.e. from a news source who remains quiet until facts are confirmed)

In regards to your point about "just getting it out there" and retracting later ... check out the CNN screen shot below ... if they're selling AR-15 shotguns in VA then I'm packing up tonight and heading to VA to get me one of these AR-15 shotguns.

Posted Image

Hope your up for a road trip.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/ar-15-style-shotgun-raac-akdal-mka-1919/

Yeah its a different context than how those idiots meant it, but still an ar pattern shotgun.

Maybe we need to have a National Conversation about Freedom of the Press........maybe the press shouldn't be so free to make up "facts" as they go along.

I don't know how, except to hold them accountable by suing the crap out of them. Their reputation is long and distinct

about sex, lies and videotape. It's been very difficult for me to believe anything coming from just about any media

source without finding my own information to back up or refute the story.

We don't need any more laws, much less one about the press. It's one of those things that we should just be doing

more of our own due diligence, instead of believing everything we hear. Remember, Herr Leader has mentioned, in

the recent past, about licensing journalists. Do you really want to go there?

In regards to your point about "just getting it out there" and retracting later ... check out the CNN screen shot below ... if they're selling AR-15 shotguns in VA then I'm packing up tonight and heading to VA to get me one of these AR-15 shotguns.

82652795-66AE-43CA-BD2D-8FFA4E0D7B57-885

Rachel Maddow "reported" that Alexis couldn't buy an AR-15 in VA because he was from out of state, but could buy the shotgun. I don't know of VA law about this, and there's certainly no federal one. Anyone know?

Also, the "double barreled" shotgun has turned out to be an 870 pump. A "tactical assault" one though, of course.

- OS

Rachel Maddow "reported" that Alexis couldn't buy an AR-15 in VA because he was from out of state, but could buy the shotgun. I don't know of VA law about this, and there's certainly no federal one. Anyone know?

Also, the "double barreled" shotgun has turned out to be an 870 pump. A "tactical assault" one though, of course.

- OS

I don't know about the VA law... sounds fishy though. I'm sure it will turn into a fully automatic 870 pump by the end of the week... with high capacity "clips".
  • Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

Just to nip this falsehood in the butt, the original context of this involved a frog that was pithed (had its brainstem scrambled with a stick) and then put into water that was raised to boiling.
Since most people are scientifically illiterate, they did not know what pithing was and the take-home message was that a frog placed in water would stay there even if the water was gradually raised to a boil.
An unmodified, non-incapacitated frog would gtfo.

Thanks Itis. Never realized that there was anything at all to the tale except as well worn political trope on incrementalism.

Long ago in psychobiology lab we did the pithing with a dissecting needle, poke it in at the base of the skull then run the needle down the spinal canal.

Which recalls another old myth about pithing--

In Valhalla, the morning after a lengendary orgy among the Norse gods-- One handsome fella, nursing a splitting headache, notices a cute goddess he hadn't recalled from the night before.

Though he can yet barely focus, he stumbles over to the beautiful nymph and introduces himself-- "Hi! I'm Thor!"

The hungover vixen, hair in disarray, looks him up and down with a frown and then she replies, "Thor? You're Thor? I'm tho thor I can't even pith!"

Thanks Itis. Never realized that there was anything at all to the tale except as well worn political trope on incrementalism.

Long ago in psychobiology lab we did the pithing with a dissecting needle, poke it in at the base of the skull then run the needle down the spinal canal.

In Valhalla, the morning after a lengendary orgy among the Norse gods-- One handsome fella, nursing a splitting headache, notices a cute goddess he hadn't recalled from the night before.

Though he can yet barely focus, he stumbles over to the beautiful nymph and introduces himself-- "Hi! I'm Thor!"

The hungover vixen, hair in disarray, looks him up and down with a frown and then she replies, "Thor? You're Thor? I'm tho thor I can't even pith!"

Wow.  Carry on, Sir.

That is funny as hell.