TGO Lowers "what your going to build" "how to build" General discussion thread

Luke E.

Posted Image

Midlength blem deal from PSA, $550.

This, your TGO lower, and some reasonably priced sights and you're in biz with a fine AR for under 8 bills counting shipping/FFL and everything.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-16-cmv-cl-midlength-heavy-ss12g2-blemished-ready-for-duty-rifle-kit.html

- OS

That is an incredible deal. If you jump on that along with the $60 lower they had a deal on you would have a sub-$650 brand new AR. Anyone in the market for a new AR should be jumping on this.
Guest Lester Weevils
The video on the cmt site shows ar lowers anodized in several colors, but didn't see any text describing that option available, but maybe missed it. There was black, red, and a couple other colors. In the stack was a silver colored one, but dunno if that is a raw metal receiver or a natural-aluminum colored anodize.

A natural anodized lower and upper with stainless barrel and bolt might be kewl. Or red anodized upper and lower plus stainless. Somebody mentioned wood furniture, that might be interesting to make grips and stock out of oak, walnut or even box elder or maple. Box elder seems "fairly strong" and surprisingly light, might keep the rifle from being heavy as a boat anchor, but that much box elder might look too gaudy.

I signed into CMT earlier and saw there was a TGO tab there now. Gettin pretty excited to place my order and build this thing.

I keep getting worried that I've missed something, the suspense is killing me! I guess it will happen when it happens huh
Guest Brutnus

They have the TGO Products but they have all been "Out of stock" since they were added. I am assuming they are either making them or waiting to get the ducks in a row. 

Has anyone heard about a east tn FFL?

They have the TGO Products but they have all been "Out of stock" since they were added. I am assuming they are either making them or waiting to get the ducks in a row. 

Has anyone heard about a east tn FFL?

They are hoping to have everyone their items before Christmas, so it sounds like they will be making these for quite a while. 

As far as FFLs, this is the latest info I've received.

1. Note, we've got two in middle Tennessee and one in Oak Ridge identified, we need a few more in other areas of the state.

Just ordered my upper and lower. Yipee!! If anyone else around Franklin is using the Saddle Shop, I asked Mike to send them his FFL already.

Are you talking about a regular lower or the TGO lower? I checked earlier and didnt see TGO lowers available yet.

Same. Going to wait a few days to see if we can get a Chattanooga FFL on there. crossing fingers.

You can pay the extra $11 and send it wherever you want.  It would cost me more than that in gas to go to any of the others.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 1

It wouldn't let me check out.

Me either...

I just called. I think it is not letting something "back ordered" get checked out.

I've called and their web guy is at lunch and will address it in an hour or so when he gets back.

In the meantime, how long before we crash their phone system?

:rofl:

The issue was anything with a quantity of 2 was getting kicked out. it is fixed and my order is placed.

Very responsive on their part and nice guys on the phone.

Mark

ETA: they said their server traffic was way up...

Edited by Mark A

The issue was anything with a quantity of 2 was getting kicked out. it is fixed and my order is placed.

Very responsive on their part and nice guys on the phone.

Mark

ETA: they said their server traffic was way up...

Need to hire them to fix the Obamacare site :)

• Like 1