TGO Lowers "what your going to build" "how to build" General discussion thread

Luke E.

The rendering of the lower shows the engraved TGO logo, but I didn't see anything on the pictured upper.

The CMT website does not have a pic of the upper with the TGO logo but does state that "TGO and logo" will appear opposite the CMT logo, on the upper.

Correct. I believe the area may be too small for engraving, so they decided to etch the logo. I could be wrong, but that's how I understood it.

I think they should probably just go ahead and machine mine and send it to me so I can post pics for you guys...:)

I ordered an upper and lower. Still thinking hard about a Grendel. I think that takes a different bolt. Right now, I have enough AR's to whip a small drug cartel. I'll probably take my time on this one.

I'm in the same boat now. I bought the upper/lower set to replace the upper/lower on my latest AR build, and now I'm realizing I only need a BCG and barrel to build a new rifle. Decisions.
I'm not quite sure how to build mine yet. I'm thinking about what it's role will be. It's too nice for me to hunt with or use as a truck gun. I thought about building it into a kwel 3-gun rifle to show off at the matches, but it could get roughed up there too (plus I already have that covered). It sure would make a sweet looking long range competition gun if I ever get into it. For that, I would probably do the 6.5 Grendel. I don't have an AR pistol either or one chambered in 300 Blackout. Hmm.... 6.5 long-range precision rifle or 300 pistol. Decisions. I'm leaning 6.5G

I'm in the same boat now. I bought the upper/lower set to replace the upper/lower on my latest AR build, and now I'm realizing I only need a BCG and barrel to build a new rifle. Decisions.

The Grendel, if I build it, will be wound up pretty tight. I'll build it to shoot 600+ yards. It will be spendy, and probably take awhile for the barrel.

• Like 1

I'm not quite sure how to build mine yet. I'm thinking about what it's role will be. It's too nice for me to hunt with or use as a truck gun. I thought about building it into a kwel 3-gun rifle to show off at the matches, but it could get roughed up there too (plus I already have that covered). It sure would make a sweet looking long range competition gun if I ever get into it. For that, I would probably do the 6.5 Grendel. I don't have an AR pistol either or one chambered in 300 Blackout. Hmm.... 6.5 long-range precision rifle or 300 pistol. Decisions. I'm leaning 6.5G

You know where I'm at :)

The Grendel, if I build it, will be wound up pretty tight. I'll build it to shoot 600+ yards. It will be spendy, and probably take awhile for the barrel.

You know where I'm at :)

A precision shooter like that would look sharp sporting the TGO logo on a billet. I'm pretty sure that's the direction I'm going as well.

Still haven't deciced on what to build. Ordered the lower and an upper last night. (I can now afford it). Will take me a while to get it finished. Thinking I may go with a longer distance competition-type rifle. Or at least to get the zombies before they have a chance to hear where the bullets come from. lol

• Like 1