TGO Lowers "what your going to build" "how to build" General discussion thread

Luke E.

So I clicked on the TGO link on CMT and it shows no products. I'm logged in, what am I doing wrong?

Edit: I r not good at reading.

Perhaps your email has not been loaded into the group-buy, yet. I would PM Mac. Edited by Razz

Sinse this has turned into THE Q&A thread for the entire process...

What is protocol for contacting the listed FFL? My assumption is that many member's orders will be shipped at one time and the FFL knows this ahead of time. Do I need to contact the FFL personally and give them my info? Should I refrain from contacting them and giving them unnecessary work?

I have only used an FFL one time and they helped me throughout the entire process, from purchase to pickup. All of the legwork was done ahead of time for the TGO buy...for which I am still amazed and great full.

Good question. Mine is headed to D&T arms. I assumed they'd know what to do, but your question makes me wonder as well. Maybe they'll pick up on this thread and let us know how they'd prefer to handle it.

Guest Keal G Seo

Question: Doing a bit of research on what I want my final set up to be I have read in several places that the ATF, back in '09, removed/omitted the pinned and welded method of muzzle breaks for getting around the 16" rule. Anyone know what the deal on the current legality of this is? I want to use a 14.5" with a 2" break that comes to about 16.3". Another story I read said that they know smiths that measure from the first port on the brakes rather than the end, know anything about this?

Yep, still nothing

Same thing happened to me yesterday, see page 10 of this thread. It was resolved in a matter of a few hours for me, but it might be Monday for you seeing as tomorrow is Sunday. MacGyver will get it straightened out though rest assured

I guess I need to find out who the FFL "Law Enforcement Sales-Oak Ridge" is.  Never heard of them before and so far have not found a store front.  Maybe out of his/her home.

the phone number on the site doesn't seem local but today, even I have a number in NYC for some reason.

Has anyone dealt with Law Enforcement Sales-Oak Ridge? 

I plan to contact them over email or phone Monday before I submit my order.

http://www.lawenforcementsalestn.com/Home_Page.html

I guess I need to find out who the FFL "Law Enforcement Sales-Oak Ridge" is.  Never heard of them before and so far have not found a store front.  Maybe out of his/her home.

the phone number on the site doesn't seem local but today, even I have a number in NYC for some reason.

Has anyone dealt with Law Enforcement Sales-Oak Ridge? 

I plan to contact them over email or phone Monday before I submit my order.

http://www.lawenforcementsalestn.com/Home_Page.html

They are an Authorized Vendor here on TGO.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/user/11573-lawenforcementsalestn/

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 1

Question: Doing a bit of research on what I want my final set up to be I have read in several places that the ATF, back in '09, removed/omitted the pinned and welded method of muzzle breaks for getting around the 16" rule. Anyone know what the deal on the current legality of this is? I want to use a 14.5" with a 2" break that comes to about 16.3". Another story I read said that they know smiths that measure from the first port on the brakes rather than the end, know anything about this?

None of that is correct.

Pin and welded still valid to achieve 16" barrel. It is also necessary if muzzle device is to count on overall length of firearm, which is perhaps most pertinent in AR world if you want to add a vertical forward grip to a pistol. Both barrel and overall lengths are measured to end of permanently installed muzzle device.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Good question. Mine is headed to D&T arms. I assumed they'd know what to do, but your question makes me wonder as well. Maybe they'll pick up on this thread and let us know how they'd prefer to handle it.

David just calls me when my stuff shows up. We've been thru a few of them. Never the slightest glitch. I figure he'll pop in and say something as it gets closer.

Be sure to check stock with model one before you order. I ordered a barrel assembly for the A2 I just built. They emailed me a few days later and told me it would be 6 months. I cancelled the order, but wasted a few days while they got around to letting me know. Just call them. Their web site doesn't show stock status