Food stamp cards not working

rugerla1

Confessions of an EBT Leech

I just pray that none of the gloaters here ever have to eat their words and become an EBT or SSI leech. Believe me, it's not only not fun, it's humiliating and degrading and top of everything else, you get to listen to people you used to respect talk about how worthless you are and what a drain on society you are. Oh sure, they won't mean you, personally, but that's only because they don't know you're an EBT leech. When they find out, they'll feel sorry for you and pity you and become conciliatory...

...and that's even worse.

:(

Your situation is completely different than the "leeches".  Simply put, the programs were put into place to help people in your kinda situation.  Unfortunately your case is abnormal, and these are the normal cases:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luo40WjBKWI

Please don't perceive this as an attack, because I'm not in that business. I would like to know how you and others obtain such personal information about people receiving assistance. It reminds me of a neighbor who liked to tell all of his business, only had one income coming into his home and could barely keep the lights on. It seems that each time that he spoke with me I felt as if I were being interviewed or "qualified" to see how and why my family is able to maintain its standard of living.
So, if you will, please explain to me how some of you know so much about the expenditures of others and how they obtained the items in theirs homes other than being told certain things by an agenda driven media and gossiping neighbors.
Thanks in advance!

I am a police officer that has spent a lot of time in an inner city/government funded setting. Everything I have said on here is personal experience and 100% accurate. You would be surprised how many people will tell you all about it with no apparent shame. I've seized thousands of dollars from drug transactions, taken from the person of someone who also lives in government housing, has a free phone, and swipes an EBT card. It's not gossip or media...it's the sad truth that most Americans never see.

http://www.ksla.com/story/23679489/walmart-shelves-in-springhill-mansfield-cleared-in-ebt-glitch

I'm just gonna leave that story there to ponder.  The gist of the story is that the EBT glitch caused the limits not to show up on cards.  So what do these poor, impoverished people do?  These people who are only trying to get back on their feet so they can once again support their families through their hard work rather than taking assistance from the government.... yeah, they ransacked the store trying to buy as much sh** as possible, because Walmart was told by corporate to sell despite the EBT limits not showing up.  They did this so they weren't denying food to people that needed it.  They showed their gratitude by looting the store on the gubmint dime.

Yeah, I mean exactly what I say when I say that everyone who participated in this fraud should be ground up into soap.  These are not people.  They are subhuman scum who only exist to leech off the rest of us.  They add nothing to the world.  They are a liability to every person who earns their way.  Effing oxygen theives.  I stand by my statement that it is the majority on welfare that do this.  This is a prime example.

http://www.ksla.com/story/23679489/walmart-shelves-in-springhill-mansfield-cleared-in-ebt-glitch

I'm just gonna leave that story there to ponder.  The gist of the story is that the EBT glitch caused the limits not to show up on cards.  So what do these poor, impoverished people do?  These people who are only trying to get back on their feet so they can once again support their families through their hard work rather than taking assistance from the government.... yeah, they ransacked the store trying to buy as much sh** as possible, because Walmart was told by corporate to sell despite the EBT limits not showing up.  They did this so they weren't denying food to people that needed it.  They showed their gratitude by looting the store on the gubmint dime.

Yeah, I mean exactly what I say when I say that everyone who participated in this fraud should be ground up into soap.  These are not people.  They are subhuman scum who only exist to leech off the rest of us.  They add nothing to the world.  They are a liability to every person who earns their way.  Effing oxygen theives.  I stand by my statement that it is the majority on welfare that do this.  This is a prime example.

Couldn't agree more. I know what I'm doing about it. Besides sitting on your high horse and bitching what are you doing about it?

Couldn't agree more. I know what I'm doing about it. Besides sitting on your high horse and bitching what are you doing about it?

What's with the judgmental questioning? I'm not judging you for being on government assistance, though you choose to be offended by me anyway. What am I doing? Well I guess I'm paying a sh**load in taxes so people less fortunate than me can eat. I'm raising two children to learn that nothing is free and you don't take what you didn't earn. I vote. I write my elected officials. And yes, I bitch. I don't see how that puts me on a "high horse". I think it's a sad state of affairs that a person is considered to be sitting on a high horse because he provides for his family despite a growling section of society stealing from every dollar I make.

I am thankful for the EBT program when it helps someone who "can't" work. i despise it when it helps someone who "won't".

Very well said. Timestepper, your example is exactly why these programs exist. Unfortunately I wonder if you are the exception rather than the norm.

We need to find a way to curb the fraud while not hurting people such as yourself that truely need help. It's a fine line.

Guest Lester Weevils

I wonder if walmart will eat this bill, or if the government will eat the bill. Maybe XEROX will eat the bill since it was their glitch?

Most likely wally world eats the bill, because the government will claim that it did not authorize the no-limit spending?

If the sums purchased are felony-level, the folks could be prosecuted for theft or "kiting bad checks" or whatever?

If the government eats the bill, then it COULD put the cards in the red, and those people's cards won't work any more until enough time has passed for the balance to go back in the black? It would be easy to do data processing-wise, but I doubt that there will be consequences.

Edited by Lester Weevils

I wonder if walmart will eat this bill, or if the government will eat the bill. Maybe XEROX will eat the bill since it was their glitch?

Most likely wally world eats the bill, because the government will claim that it did not authorize the no-limit spending?

If the sums purchased are felony-level, the folks could be prosecuted for theft or "kiting bad checks" or whatever?

If the government eats the bill, then it COULD put the cards in the red, and those people's cards won't work any more until enough time has passed for the balance to go back in the black? It would be easy to do data processing-wise, but I doubt that there will be consequences.

I'll go ahead and make my prediction; there won't be a single charge against any of these thieves nor will their EBT cards be taken back or adjusted to reflect the money they stole from me and the other people who pay taxes.

Beyond that, I'm betting the gov will pick up the bill for it. The bigger issue here, and what I'm pointing out, is the propensity of the takers to take what isn't theirs. They don't believe in earning do themselves and justify taking from others by using their envy of hard working folks as an excuse.

How much money could we trim from the fed budget if we shut down the EBT/STARS system EVERY weekend, making them do all their shopping on weekdays while their benefactors are working. I know I'd appreciate shorter lines at Kroger/Walmart on Saturdays and Sundays.

That might disrupt the schedules of those who have nothing to do but wait on their government entitlements.

Edited by tnhawk

All I have to say is.....2 Thessalonians 3:10....wish we would adopt that.

We do, by default, but the government intervenes. There is only one valid reason governments do this, and it has

nothing to do with helping anyone. And, like Chuck says, it has nothing to do with love, also.

Atruism

Folks:  I believe there is a day commin, and commin soon, when the EBT cards will be turned off and the individual states will handle this sort of thing thru block grants at the state level... Wait until that hits...  There will be some real growlin, but it wont make any difference... I say:"...let it happen and happen soon...".

leroy

• Like 1
I am surprised that there is more outrage over this issue than the bank bailouts and the billions that this country pisses away in foreign aid bribes annually. Until drastic changes are made, our government will continue to waste our tax dollars.

Until we stop the losses that we incur giving away resources and money to foreigners, I'm not going to have a stroke because Americans get enough money from the gorvernment to remain poor. When we stop military projects that require that at least one screw be manufactured in every congressional district in America I'll have stroke over poor people screwing the system out of goods that we will willingly fly on our tax dollars to the beaches of a foreign country before storm waters receed from their shores.

I'm not attempting to justify the abuses. I work as hard or harder as most people here and I have to put on my big boy drawers every April to write Uncle Sam an extortion check. I get your anger. I just have different priorities when it comes to how Uncle Sugar disburses our tax dollars.
  • Like 5
Guest Lester Weevils

Sounds like they are even more busted in LA (state).  Apparently they had NO LIMIT for a while and many shoppers racked up big-time.

What I got from the article (which may be wrong) was that in louisiana, some areas at least, in order to not inconvenience the EBT customers, wally world decided to accept the cards even though the system was down and couldn't check the limit on the cards.

If that is true, it wasn't a different bug in LA, merely a different bug in how the glitch was handled. Rather than possibly having a riot over the cards NOT working, they kindly sparked near-riots from the cards working TOO WELL. No good deed goes un-punished. :)

Guest Lester Weevils

I am surprised that there is more outrage over this issue than the bank bailouts and the billions that this country pisses away in foreign aid bribes annually. Until drastic changes are made, our government will continue to waste our tax dollars.

Until we stop the losses that we incur giving away resources and money to foreigners, I'm not going to have a stroke because Americans get enough money from the gorvernment to remain poor. When we stop military projects that require that at least one screw be manufactured in every congressional district in America I'll have stroke over poor people screwing the system out of goods that we will willingly fly on our tax dollars to the beaches of a foreign country before storm waters receed from their shores.

I'm not attempting to justify the abuses. I work as hard or harder as most people here and I have to put on my big boy drawers every April to write Uncle Sam an extortion check. I get your anger. I just have different priorities when it comes to how Uncle Sugar disburses our tax dollars.

Yep it am difficult to know the biggest leeches. Some Daddy Warbucks or stock weasel who pays a zillion dollars income tax, might be getting two or ten zillion dollars from uncle sugar, making out like a bigger bandit than entire cities of multi-generational welfare leeches. :)

What I got from the article (which may be wrong) was that in louisiana, some areas at least, in order to not inconvenience the EBT customers, wally world decided to accept the cards even though the system was down and couldn't check the limit on the cards.

If that is true, it wasn't a different bug in LA, merely a different bug in how the glitch was handled. Rather than possibly having a riot over the cards NOT working, they kindly sparked near-riots from the cards working TOO WELL. No good deed goes un-punished. :)

Different glitch: they said it was caused by a computer shutdown by a power failure.

Guest Lester Weevils

Different glitch: they said it was caused by a computer shutdown by a power failure.

Yep, hard to tell from the news stories. Can't expect the news to be any more accurate on this story than from instance mass shootings stories.

I agree, we should be shutting down the pipeline to the foreigners, also. Our government is one big welfare giver, for

individuals and foreigners alike. It's not that I think this is a more important topic, but that it is the topic for this thread.

I'll gladly gripe about every dollar the government spends indiscriminately. One is no better than the other. I would

much rather my tax dollar be spent at home, as if I had a choice.

• Moderators

This is just a WAG on my part, but I think it may stem from the fact that the abuses of the EBT system are much more visible to us. I am sure most of us here can recount an experience where we were first hand witness to what appeared to be abuse of the system. Not many folks look deep enough into the arcane convolutions of defense contracts or other .gov appropriations to see the extreme amounts of abuse of our tax dollars. It all pisses me off, but of course I am one of those extreme libertarian types with a heavy ancap influence who would see 90% of the government abolished. 

• Like 2
  • Moderators

I agree, we should be shutting down the pipeline to the foreigners, also. Our government is one big welfare giver, for

individuals and foreigners alike. It's not that I think this is a more important topic, but that it is the topic for this thread.

I'll gladly gripe about every dollar the government spends indiscriminately. One is no better than the other. I would

much rather my tax dollar be spent at home, as if I had a choice.

Don't forget the welfare for megacorps too! If I had a choice, I'd prefer to remove the word "tax" from the phrase "my tax dollars" and just keep "my dollars".

• Like 1

Speaking for myself, the reason why it invokes so much anger is because it is a direct theft by other Americans who are fully capable of working, and we have it thrown in our faces by those on the dole who demand even more and use their votes to have those demands met.

While I tend to agree on defunding most foreign aid, or at least using the money in wiser ways to advance our interests, I can't fault the governments of those nations for taking a handout. They don't elect our leaders, and they have no inherent loyalty to us or duty to make America great. Each American does have that duty whether they chose to honor it or not. I can't forgive those that defraud the system and steal from the rest of us. There are plenty of other things to get worked up over, but this is certainly a bitch-worthy category. If we're going to have government mandated charity I want that funding to go only to people who are mentally or physically incapable of being productive members of society. Everyone else can work or die.
  • Like 1

Don't forget the welfare for megacorps too! If I had a choice, I'd prefer to remove the word "tax" from the phrase "my tax dollars" and just keep "my dollars".

If people understood the origin of the income tax, they might understand the problem. It came straight from Karl Marx.

At least the difference here is that corporations make money. They employ people who spend their money and so on and so forth. At least it can be sold to the American people as an investment. People who just take with no intention of ever giving back are not an investment. A better investment would be using them as industrial fertilizer.