Man sueing... for good reason.

The more I read about this the more outraged I become. 

David Eckert, 63 years old, was charged $6,000 +  after he was anally raped over a period of 12+ hours. 

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/11/05/man-seeks-millions-after-nm-police-force-colonoscopy-in-drug-search

And here's the report on Timothy Young.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/11/06/second-anal-probe-lawsuit-filed-against-nm-police

The great news is that the doctors involved have all been turned over to the state licensing board and can lose their licenses now.

That will certainly set a precedent where doctors won't want to put their careers on the line for something so silly.
  • Like 1
Guest copperhead_1911

Police state in action again. 

I hope he sues the hell out of them and they lose their shields. They give good cops a bad name. 

But we don't know the whole story! It's not like its documented in the report or at the hospital or something like that.

This guy was asking for it when he open carried his, um, clenched cheeks while rolling through a stop sign. No doubt on his way to Starbucks to flaunt their lax attitude toward tightened buttocks. Play stupid games...

I have little doubt the cops in question were merely concerned about his digestive health. An impacted colon can be a serious issue, so the use of multiple enemas was warranted in this situation. For the safety of the suspect.

(I apologize for the preceding. It's past my bedtime again)
  • Like 3

Money is just money and this man is owed A LOT of it from several different SOB's and and hospital and PD but what he really is owed is the chance to absolutely RUIN the lives of everyone involved! Hopefully this man will make enough suing insurance companies that he can allot a goodly sum towards making sure that everyone of the SOB's struggle to make enough to eat and are looked at like dogs by everyone that they pass by for the rest of their lives! Simply losing a medical license or badge is not even close to enough. If this were me and they had some how not met their demise before this happened I would make it my life's mission to make sure that no matter where these people moved trying to get a "fresh Start" I would be there to ruin it and let any future employers know every detail and if necessary, pay them to not hire them. 

I'm gonna go ahead and cut this off now before I decide to head straight to this man to help him do all these things. Absolutely despicable!

I'm sure that a lot of good cops are angry about this.  I feel bad for them.  Doesn't help the image, doesn't help the relationship with the public.

Thing is, dealing with a bad cop is just like dealing with a good cop.  You've got to get through it, hopefully without being violated.  Unlike a mugger, you dare not defend yourself.  So anger and fear are reasonable responses to dealing with the police, because you cannot tell ahead of time if you're talking to a quiet hero, or Hannibal Lector.

It wouldn't be nearly as fearful if the public had confidence that the police will police themselves.  Given that the warrant and medical records have been posted on the internet, it is crystal clear that the officers involved in this deliberately committed a crime.  If the state police takes them into custody today, we will all be relieved.

We all know that won't happen.  It often takes years for badged criminals to face judgement, if they ever do.  Meanwhile, the police union usually ensures they cannot be fired, and face at most a vacation with pay. 

Sorry, guys, but police need to be better at policing themselves, and get more publicity while doing it.  The public needs a reason to re-establish the trust.  The police chief in this case backing his officers (when the facts are clearly cut and dried) doesn't help.

A question for the officers on the board - Is a colonoscopy ever considered a reasonable search procedure in an incident where no other evidence exists?  Because if I can be forced into a GI tract examination when a 'drug dog' alerts on a french fry, I may never leave the house again.

Edited by Mark@Sea
  • Like 1

i would say a lot about this but i do not want to be mad all day.  most of the dog alerts that i have seen are made up alerts.  there are not many true drug dogs any more. to many drug/bite dual dogs on the streets.  most that i have worked with get their alert clue from the handler and they have a low percent for dope found.  now don't get me wrong, if you are a dirt bag then it time to go to jail.  but there is no reason to take a short cut in the investigation to get you there.  

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/jun/06/lawsuit-filed-over-or-mans-warrantless-cavity/

They got all cracked up over it down this way too.

Wow. I don't remember hearing about that.

Dog alerted on a $20 bill? There's a better than even chance that would happen to anybody.

Unbelievable. Are these agents of the state just getting their jollies under the premise of fighting the "war on drugs"?

I saw this on CNN this morning and my first though was law suit.  I really liked the stopped for not doing a complete stop.  Liked how the first doctored refused on ethics.  I hope his lawyer is able to obtain the dashcam footage. 

Not bashing but in Lafollette I was a passenage in a car that got stopped fro failure to complete stop at a redlight for a right hand turn.  We had stopped long enough for the driver to ask me if it was legal to make a right on red as he was new the state.  Knowing a police car was behind us also stopped.  I know it is always the police word against yours unless there is video.