New AR trigger

• Admin Team

Trigger slap or no, you figure this is $150 more than a Slidefire stock - but with an honest to goodness selector switch. 

I wouldn't have thought they'd have sold that many SlideFire stocks.  It's nothing more than novelty, and their timing is bad, but I bet they still sell a bunch of these.

Trigger slap or no, you figure this is $150 more than a Slidefire stock - but with an honest to goodness selector switch. 

I wouldn't have thought they'd have sold that many SlideFire stocks.  It's nothing more than novelty, and their timing is bad, but I bet they still sell a bunch of these.

If there's anything I've learned about ARs and those that build or modify them, it's that you can pretty much come out with anything and have it sell.

Like I said, I'd be interested in checking one out. The real deal maker or breaker IMO is going to be the quality of the trigger pull in semi mode. That and how they plan to handle a warranty.

Bummer that this won't work with a 22 conversion though. Unless it does, but I'm not seeing how the conversion bolt would move far/fast/hard enough to really make it work.
  • Admin Team

People in the AR world are living proof that people are always willing to spend more money if you'll just show them how.

Saw a guy at the range the other day that between Noveske rifle, ACOG with RMR, Laser Devices illuminator, Surefire foregrip AND light, he had no less than $7K in that rifle.  I have exactly zero doubt that that rifle will contain this trigger pack.

True ... Well this seems way better than those slide fire stocks haha

I also have one of the s3g triggers ... Love it

You ever tried that Slidefire? For $500.00, that trigger is a joke. The Slidefire is every bit as fast a rate as that TacCon trigger. I've seen

too many people cycle mine as much or faster than that. I can't (with my right arm) so it's just a gimmick, but it cycles as fast as Newton's

Laws allow.

You ever tried that Slidefire? For $500.00, that trigger is a joke. The Slidefire is every bit as fast a rate as that TacCon trigger. I've seen
too many people cycle mine as much or faster than that. I can't (with my right arm) so it's just a gimmick, but it cycles as fast as Newton's
Laws allow.

Yes my brother had one and sold it ... It was fun no doubt but a $300+ stock I guess makes about as much sense as a $500 trigger haha... I guess the only advantage to the trigger is it would obviously be easier to get on target than a slidefire... But for $500 I'll buy 2 geiselle triggers

I wasn't talking about the G triggers. I'd buy one of those, also. For someone who can control full auto fire, I'd bet there isn't much difference,

except the price tag. But they both waste ammo. :D

People in the AR world are living proof that people are always willing to spend more money if you'll just show them how.

Saw a guy at the range the other day that between Noveske rifle, ACOG with RMR, Laser Devices illuminator, Surefire foregrip AND light, he had no less than $7K in that rifle.  I have exactly zero doubt that that rifle will contain this trigger pack.

Question is did he know what he had and how to use it.. 

• Admin Team

Question is did he know what he had and how to use it.. 

He definitely knew what he had.  Nobody drops >$2k on a laser without doing it to impress folks at the range.

As to knowing how to use it...lacking...but not so much worse than most of the other people with their newly acquired toys at the range. 

I understand demand drives price, but i can't see this as being any more difficult to engineer and manufacture than say the timney or geissele triggers.  It it was closer to the 250 mark and had a really good trigger pull one the slow setting i could see them selling like hot cakes. 

• Moderators

I understand demand drives price, but i can't see this as being any more difficult to engineer and manufacture than say the timney or geissele triggers.  It it was closer to the 250 mark and had a really good trigger pull one the slow setting i could see them selling like hot cakes. 

I think you underestimate the allure of the third selector position for the target demographic of this item. See Macgyver's post for further explanation of the target demographic.

If the function in semi auto mode is good and price were not in the picture I would take this any day over the slidefire just because once the selector is in slomo you have an AR just Like any other AR. The SlideFire stocks are fun for a couple of mags when the stock has slop in it but once it is locked down you are left with a semi auto with a goofy stock and grip. Don't look for me in line to purchase either but If I were to be planning to buy one or the other then i'd say i'd be in the trigger camp rather than the goofy stock camp. Ammo or in my case, components are to high for me to able to enjoy watching either of these items throw my brass out at that rate.

I pre-ordered directly from TacCon, with a shipping date of. . . "Tac-Conâ„¢ 3MR Trigger shipments to begin end of 2013 or beginning of 2014."

The way I understand it based on what I have read on other threads is that in "Mode 3", "when the carrier slams forward, it acts on the trigger, pushing it forward against your finger with more force than the springs alone. It would then disengage from the trigger as the bolt locks up, thus reducing the trigger pull to its normal weight. Keep steady pressure on the trigger, and it will simulate full-auto." They claim a fire rate of 650 rounds per minute but the videos I have seen appear to be quite a bit slower. 

While it is certainly over priced based on cost of manufacture and raw materials, when you consider the price of an actual class 3 full auto is closer to 25,000, I'm willing to be a guinea pig to try one. I suppose it makes at least as much sense as spending the money on a 5th AR or AK. 

I pre-ordered directly from TacCon, with a shipping date of. . . "Tac-Conâ„¢ 3MR Trigger shipments to begin end of 2013 or beginning of 2014."

The way I understand it based on what I have read on other threads is that in "Mode 3", "when the carrier slams forward, it acts on the trigger, pushing it forward against your finger with more force than the springs alone. It would then disengage from the trigger as the bolt locks up, thus reducing the trigger pull to its normal weight. Keep steady pressure on the trigger, and it will simulate full-auto." They claim a fire rate of 650 rounds per minute but the videos I have seen appear to be quite a bit slower. 

While it is certainly over priced based on cost of manufacture and raw materials, when you consider the price of an actual class 3 full auto is closer to 25,000, I'm willing to be a guinea pig to try one. I suppose it makes at least as much sense as spending the money on a 5th AR or AK. 

I wish you were closer by so I could come over and play when it comes in  :rofl:

While reading the first sentence of your post, I was thinking to myself, "I'm glad he's willing to be my guinea pig." Then I get to the next to the last sentence. Thank you.  :rofl:

Edited by TripleDigitRide

I have studied it real hard.

In the third position the bolt moving back forces the trigger forward. It does this by pressing down on the front of the lever at the rear. It will have trigger slap but how much is up for debate. When the trigger is forced forward the front of it raises and catches the hook on the hammer.

No doubt it will be faster. Especially if you can stand to apply constant pressure on the trigger.

Honestly, I suspect that once the ATF realizes that firm, constant finger pressure is applied the gun will continue to fire they will change their ruling. It isn't the first time they have changed a ruling after hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of product have been sold. The Atkins Accelerator was approved by the ATF and the manufacturer sold thousands, at a lot more than this trigger, then the ATF changed its ruling saying it was a machine gun as long as the spring was installed. So all those who bought the stock had to remove the spring from their stock and turn it into a regular stock that they paid hundreds of dollar for.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...