The thread in which an Army Lt. Col pisses us all off.

Everybody has missed the key element in the photograph. As a retired (20 years service)  member of the Tennessee State Guard (after 30 years active duty in the USMC) I picked up on the name tag. Army (Regular and National Guard) wear a black name tag. The red name tag is a State Defense Force name tag. He is a member of the New York Guard, a State Defense Force. He is not a serving federal officer. As State Defense Force Officer, he has no authority or affiliation at federal level. He obviously has some previous Federal service, but right now he is not a part of the U.S. Army or National Guard.  I retired and still hold a commission as a Colonel (0-5) in the TNSG, but it has  no authority outside the State of Tennessee.

Edited by wjh2657
  • Like 3

Everybody has missed the key element in the photograph. As a retired (20 years service)  member of the Tennessee State Guard (after 30 years active duty in the USMC) I picked up on the name tag. Army (Regular and National Guard) wear a black name tag. The red name tag is a State Defense Force name tag. He is a member of the New York Guard, a State Defense Force. He is not a serving federal officer. As State Defense Force Officer, he has no authority or affiliation at federal level. He obviously has some previous Federal service, but right now he is not a part of the U.S. Army or National Guard.  I retired and still hold a commission as a Colonel (0-5) in the TNSG, but it has  no authority outside the State of Tennessee.

I caught the "NYG" on the bio, and I chuckled.

I think he knows how the country was founded, just he disagrees with it and, like all good modern day liberals, wants to neuter

and spay our youth until Utopia is present. He is an angry and bitter wannabe in the Democrat Party.

Just something about that uniform...looks like he is playing dress up.

Edited by 6.8 AR

Hey fellas, just did a AKO White Pages search.  The guy pictured in the ah..."modified" Army Service Uniform and referenced in multiple posts in this threat is NOT the author of the Esquire hit piece.

AKO says the REAL LTC Bateman is Regular Army, Infantry, and on a joint assignment.

Having said all that, reading comprehension isn't his strong suit, clearly.  Neither is knowing what and when to speak.  Just saying.

Edited by Spurholder

Granola crunchin' girlie man. Thank god him, Gov Cummo, and Mayor Tiny Tot are keeping the people of New York safe.

Hey, leave the damned granola out of it. My wife makes some of the best granola you could ever taste. :D

15 years working for the Feds...  9 years working for the local PD...  never held a real job in his entire life from the looks of it.

So it looks like he was a reservist his whole career? This guy doesn't have the creds to know what he thinks he knows. I cant believe esquire even used him for a story. They might as well centered a story around a PFC from any random active duty unit and the opinions would be just as relevant.

Apparently there are enough of them that it is somewhat of a meme in the Doctrine Man cartoons.

I think it is just another piece of evidence that this quisling bastard is a tool that nobody in their right mind should pay attention to. The only thing I want to ask him is "How many citizens are you willing to see murdered by the government to achieve your goals? Hundreds of thousands? Millions? How many?"

I have differing views on the CIB. I earned mine but we did have guys that showed up on the last replacement flight that never went on a mission and possibly only heard SAF that were awarded the CIB for showing up. They arent called the See I Been there for no reason. The trip I took to Afghanistan exposed me to guys that couldnt go 100 meters outside of COP Zangabad without getting in a TIC. This is SAF and IDF. They had so many single, double, & triple amputations, not to mention deaths, those guys should have gotten a V device on any end of tour award they received. They definately did more to earn their CIB than I did.

Hey Spurholder,

If he is a Regular Army LTC...., I'd be even more disappointed.

Way back when I attended the Benning School for Boys (Infantry School), our classes on the constitution pointed out that the 2nd implied a duty for all able-bodied citizens to be "well trained and armed" and ready to be called upon as individuals to defend themselves and the citizenry against crime and tyranny.

Reckon the part of Infantry Officer Basic Course has been dropped.          

• Like 1

DMark, he is what he is.  From my vision block, it looks like he's a guy approaching retirement and trying to capitalize on what he can, while he can.  Regardless of anything else.

In other words, a major league sellout. 

Sounds like a typical O5.

This guy publishes a lot.  Weak scholarship, poor research.  He's been passed over and is both screaming for attention and trying to pad his curriculum vitae, hoping for a spot in some lefty think tank.  If he didn't wear the same uniform as a hell of a lot of better men, I'd just ignore him.  Considering that he's using that uniform to push a viewpoint counter to the constitution, I'd like to see him forced to retire - or court martialed and thrown out on his arse.

• Like 5
This guy qualifies for an ass clown initiative. Probably couldn't strategically handle 5 kids at a chuckey cheese party gone wild.... Seriously

"My entire adult life has been dedicated to the deliberate management of violence. There are no two ways around that fact. My job, at the end of the day, is about killing. I orchestrate violence."

Someone should grab his SRB via foia and publish it. It wreaks of having a history of working in logistics and performing tasks such as strategically aligning diesel distribution for fecal destruction....why his published trash should be taken with any seriousness is beyond me.

Sad thing is is this worm will probably snatch a million dollar grant to eliminate Violence in Micronesia with his lover Diane Feinstein

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling. Edited by Dustbuster
Guest TNSovereignty

As a retired O6, I'll try not to resemble all the anti-officer, particularly anti-senior officer remarks. :)

Most of the officers I ever respected were line guys ... people who opted for combat arms over a desk.  Many of them were super smart scholars themselves, but they chose to serve with sailors, soldiers, Marines & airmen over the bemedaled bureaucrat computer jocks.  They all had personal viewpoints but kept them mostly to themselves because the entering argument for a commission is selflessness ... the limelight is no place for an officer, and the political arena is anathema.

This guy is a zero.  All the services have far too high a promotion rate at O4 & above - here's a case in point.  This guy's rhetoric is pure treason & I'd like to see him stripped of his pension.  

As a retired O6, I'll try not to resemble all the anti-officer, particularly anti-senior officer remarks. :)

Most of the officers I ever respected were line guys ... people who opted for combat arms over a desk.  Many of them were super smart scholars themselves, but they chose to serve with sailors, soldiers, Marines & airmen over the bemedaled bureaucrat computer jocks.  They all had personal viewpoints but kept them mostly to themselves because the entering argument for a commission is selflessness ... the limelight is no place for an officer, and the political arena is anathema.

This guy is a zero.  All the services have far too high a promotion rate at O4 & above - here's a case in point.  This guy's rhetoric is pure treason & I'd like to see him stripped of his pension.  

Some of the finest soldiers I know have been O5 and above.  I've learned a lot from them over

my service in the military now going on 37+ years.

That being said this guy is not one of them.

All I needed to read was this paragraph to know that he has no clue what he's talking about:

"I am not proud of that fact. Indeed, I am often torn-up by the realization that not only is this my job, but that I am really good at my job. But my profession is about directed violence on behalf of the nation. What is happening inside our country is random and disgusting, and living here in England I am at a complete loss as to how to explain this at all. In 2011 the number of gun deaths in the United States was 10.3 per 100,000 citizens. In 2010 that statistic in the UK was 0.25. And do not even try to tell me that the British are not as inclined to violence or that their culture is so different from ours that this difference makes sense. I can say nothing when my British officers ask me about these things, because it is the law."

Two key points: 1) Gun violence in the US is far from random. Data consistently shows clear overall patterns about who commits gun crime and why. Very little is random violence. 2) Yes, the culture in England is very different than ours. We don't even have consistent patterns of violent crime in the US and countless studies have shown that the availability of firearms and the amount of gun regulation don't explain the differences. It's culture and economic inequality that tend to have the greatest influence on violent crime including gun crime. Obviously, the fewer guns there are, the less likely it is that a violent encounter will involve a gun, and guns make It much easier to kill another person. If that wasn't the case, this would be the Tennessee Knife and Stick Owners forum. Regardless, the question is not about the weapon, but why they choose to use it in an unlawful manner.

That guy has a BS degree in business and 9 years in law enforcement. I have a PhD in criminology and a decade of police experience. You can decide which of our perspectives is more credible.
  • Like 2