opinions ... best .45 for concealed carry

airgun13

All this debate on a .45 platform?

The best .45 for carry is the one that the good Lord handed to John Moses Browning and he passed onto us.

:)

... even though a .40 S&W has more energy from muzzle to meat :). I like my G36. I don't worry about the low round count, 'cause when you shoot somebody with a .45, they dead.

[quote name="MacGyver" post="1086019" timestamp="1388354357"]All this debate on a .45 platform? The best .45 for carry is the one that the good Lord handed to John Moses Browning and he passed onto us. :)[/quote] The sad part, there's many who take this stance, very seriously. The only 45acp I've carried is the Kahr CW45. I love Kahr pistols in general, but the dao long trigger takes some getting used to. They're very smooth, but very long. If you haven't handled one, I'd recommend it

The sad part, there's many who take this stance, very seriously. The only 45acp I've carried is the Kahr CW45. I love Kahr pistols in general, but the dao long trigger takes some getting used to. They're very smooth, but very long. If you haven't handled one, I'd recommend it

Here's the deal... when the pistol from God jams, you can beat the hell out of somebody with it. Can't say that about one of them new fangled plastic guns :).

• Like 3
[quote name="mikegideon" post="1086078" timestamp="1388362481"]Here's the deal... when the pistol from God jams, you can beat the hell out of somebody with it. Can't say that about one of them new fangled plastic guns :).[/quote] I reckon if it truly were the pistol from God, that sumbitch wouldn't jam. ;) Edited by KKing
[quote name="Tuffus" post="1086159" timestamp="1388367892"]Could just carry a .357 wheel gun. They have more muzzle energy than a .40 or a .45 and they aren't likely to jam.[/quote] Quit interjecting common sense into a thread which clearly needs none I hear Jesus carried a 1911, but just for show
Guest kingarmory

Any auto in 45ACP is gonna have a long/wide frame and a long grip (1/2" per round at a minimum), generally easier to find holsters that will conceal a .45 than .45's that will conceal themselves.  For concealment I usually run a vintage Charter Arms .44 Bulldog in a Galco IWB holster, I can make that disappear easier than any of my .45 autos.  If you gotta try though, the old Star PD is a tough one to beat in the concealment department.  The Kahr 45 or 1911 Officers model being a close 2nd

I had a XDS and it's size is amazing, for some reason I just couldn't love it though. For one the grip safety made me nervous and the trigger was terrible. The recoil was a lot more than the recoil of a Shield in 9mm or 40. I would have loved to have tried a Kahr PM45 up against the XDS, but then I didn't care for the Kahr cw45 either. The Kahr Cw 45 does fit about every holster made for a Glock 19/23 out there.
Two old classics in 45 are the S&W CS45 and a Bersa, if you can find either one. Speaking of "hens teeth", a Sig 245 or 220 compact is built around the most popular 45 for law enforcement in the country.
Oh, yeah the M&P 45c does feel great. I have yet to shoot one but they feel better to me than a Glock 21/30 after handling a Glock 23 all day. My familiarity of Glocks in 9 and 40 has what has ruined me on Glocks in 21/30. After years and 10k rounds through Glocks in 9 and 40 the 30 feels odd to me but a M&P45c doesn't.

Oh, yeah the M&P 45c does feel great. I have yet to shoot one but they feel better to me than a Glock 21/30 after handling a Glock 23 all day. My familiarity of Glocks in 9 and 40 has what has ruined me on Glocks in 21/30. After years and 10k rounds through Glocks in 9 and 40 the 30 feels odd to me but a M&P45c doesn't.

The new Glock 41 will be a 21 frame with a thin slide like the 30s. It should be a hit weighing less than a regular Glock 21.

i like glocks and ive been researching the g30 and g36 but im open to advice and opinions on other quality brands as well.

thanks

Glock 30 all the way . It seems to shoot almost better than a Glock 9mm and almost as easier . Lots of people will say this too. It's what I carry .

... even though a .40 S&W has more energy from muzzle to meat :). I like my G36. I don't worry about the low round count, 'cause when you shoot somebody with a .45, they dead.

Nope, nope, nope...

Evidently you're not a fan of the program "Trauma in the ER"?

Nine out of ten gang-bangers that get shot with round ball .45 ammunition COM survive. Just like the Internet, if it's on TV it's got to be true.