OMG it's the end of the world!!!!

Raoul

Just watching the news, and can you believe it, there's a snowstorm in the northern states. Surely it's the end of civilization as we know it. And all those poor inconvenienced people they just interviewed on CBS.

Oh the humanity.

What a bunch of wussies we've become.

• Like 4
[quote name="Garufa" post="1088162" timestamp="1388706985"]Have you noticed how they're naming winter storms now. :shake:[/quote] Yeah, that was started by The Weather Channel as a headline grabbing technique. Annoying.
  • Like 1
Guest Keal G Seo

We were just talking to my aid (a native TN res) about how the little bit of snow here isn't anything. Both her and her son refuse to leave the house if the snow is sticking to the ground. Well I advised them to never move to MT because arse deep snow is nothing up there. She started talking about "the blizzard of" '90 or '93 I cant remember because I couldn't stop laughing given that by MT standards if you can still see 10-15 feet it isn't a blizzard.

Don't you know in MT you have walk 25 miles to school uphill both ways in 3 feet of snow barefoot?

But really where we are in east TN they get just enough snow to be freaked out by it and not enough to get used to it.

Guest Lowbuster
It was march 1993. I remember well because I was 22-23 ( born in March) newly married, no four wheel drive, and just moved into my first home. Went without power for three days, not much food, and a new wife of two years. That's when I started stocking supplies. We were not called preepers then, just paranoid

I grew up in upper Illinois west of Chicago for the first 17 years of my life and no one time can I ever remember them closing the schools for a snow storm. The buses ran and picked up kids or kids walked to school if they lived close. I took my drivers test to get my license in 5 inches of new snow. I call the Drivers license Center to see if they were giving tests with the new snow the night before. The man said yes we are open and yes we are doing drivers tests. Then he followed that up with if you live up here and you cannot drive in snow you don't deserve a license. I used my dads 1960 Ford Stick shift 6 cylinder and went and got my license that day and passed with flying colors. Dad always put steel studded snow tires on his car for winter. Now that was back in 1962. Since then the technology has improved tremendously as far as snow removal and until this year Winters have been warmer. Now Mother Nature decides to show all these so called Global Warming Green House Gas Know It All's that she is still the boss and everyone in the northern portions of the U.S. that should be prepared for what is happening now, Well, they have been listening to the Know It All's  to much and now are caught with their pants down and have their panties in a wad about what people should do to prepare for it. I read this morning that 9 people have already died from the storm. I am sorry for the loss of life because of it but I believe like the boy scouts and even though I live in Tennessee I stay prepared for Ice and snow. I have back up heat systems and back up cooking arrangements and back up lighting in 2 different power sources and plenty of food. I could probably hold out at least a month before I would begin to worry. Except for a National Catastrophe causing a power loss I'm fine......................jmho