OCer and Clarksville PD

Went to the Chinese buffet and saw a big bearded biker looking guy OCing his piece. Only a few tables away were 4 Clarksville PD officers having lunch. There was no way the staff and other patrons didnt notice the pistol, as it was not only obvious but he was sitting pistol out. I guarantee that the cops saw it. I never saw the cops approach him nor did I see them watching him as they ate their meal and walked around the buffet.

Just thought that, with all the cop vs. permit holder crap we see posted here, I'd post a story where it had all the elements but nothing happened because nobody cared. Edited by TMF
  • Like 19
Yeah, they probably didn't care or just figured he was legit. I know when I used to go on my 30 minute lunch/recess with my cop friends I did everything possible not to find work while trying to enjoy my food and friends.

People that open carry do it frequently, as a cop you quickly learn all the open carrying guys and when you go to a MWAG call you don't even bother IDing the guy once you see who it is.
  • Like 1

Yeah, they probably didn't care or just figured he was legit. I know when I used to go on my 30 minute lunch/recess with my cop friends I did everything possible not to find work while trying to enjoy my food and friends.
People that open carry do it frequently, as a cop you quickly learn all the open carrying guys and when you go to a MWAG call you don't even bother IDing the guy once you see who it is.

That makes sense. This guy stands out like a red d##k in a snow bank so they likely already knew he was gtg based on history.

The people vs the PoPo stuff you see online is simple BS. More often then not Cops have very little or no concern about open carry.  But we do get a good laugh at the knuckle heads who think it is a good idea to open carry on your side/back without a retention holster. 

• Like 2

I've seen some of the OC vs. Police video on Youtube and feel that it was a fishing expedition.  Speaking to LEO people that I know, they prefer that everyone carry concealed, in my opinion the LEO will get less calls from "concerned" citizens. 

When the Tennessee permit process became easier for citizens in the late 1990's, I spoke to police about it and they didn't like the idea of people carrying.  Over the years, that opinion has changed.

Overall, I am not against OC but I do oppose "fishing expeditions".....carrying a weapon in the open to get a reaction from somone(s). 

• Like 1

Went to the Chinese buffet and saw a big bearded biker looking guy OCing his piece. Only a few tables away were 4 Clarksville PD officers having lunch. There was no way the staff and other patrons didnt notice the pistol, as it was not only obvious but he was sitting pistol out. I guarantee that the cops saw it. I never saw the cops approach him nor did I see them watching him as they ate their meal and walked around the buffet.

Just thought that, with all the cop vs. permit holder crap we see posted here, I'd post a story where it had all the elements but nothing happened because nobody cared.

Dude, why are you lying? I know from everything that I have read on the Interwebz that every time someone OCs, every bad guy within a 150 mile radius is drawn to that location like moths to a fire and they take his weapon from him and kill him, his family, his friends, his Facebook friends, and everyone that signed his 8th grade yearbook.  :stir:

• Like 3

Dude, why are you lying? I know from everything that I have read on the Interwebz that every time someone OCs, every bad guy within a 150 mile radius is drawn to that location like moths to a fire and they take his weapon from him and kill him, his family, his friends, his Facebook friends, and everyone that signed his 8th grade yearbook.  :stir:

It is possible that happened as soon as we left.

The biggest thing I noticed being out of place were that two of the cops failed to combat park... so inefficient if having to leave quickly.

I moved to TN from OH a year and 1/2 ago. Have not OC'd that I recall. The few times I did in OH, I found most people, including LEO, were usually fine as soon as I looked them right in the eye, smiled a little, and said "How's it going ??".

The bulk of the time, if you don't act like it's a big deal, no one else will, either. 

But I know....then there's the one-percenters...... :down:

I like the fact that we have the ability to open carry, but I must have run into every one per center and their relatives every time I DID OC cause all I got was the funny looks. And it's not on how I look cause I'm former military and still keep a high and tight and stay in shape. I just feel uncomfortable OC'ing and that's a shame, but I choose to CC because I would rather not tip my hand. I wouldn't necessarily let those sheep make up my mind for me, but I don't like the funky looks I got when I did OC for those few times I did.

Guest Lowbuster

Dude, why are you lying? I know from everything that I have read on the Interwebz that every time someone OCs, every bad guy within a 150 mile radius is drawn to that location like moths to a fire and they take his weapon from him and kill him, his family, his friends, his Facebook friends, and everyone that signed his 8th grade yearbook. :stir:

And their dog too.

There's a guy around here that I notice when he OC's........but it's because of the nylon holster! 

I hear ya.

My son is a LEO and he thinks that anybody who OCs should at least have a nice tooled leather holster.  An engraved firearm would be a plus. 

I hear ya.

My son is a LEO and he thinks that anybody who OCs should at least have a nice tooled leather holster.  An engraved firearm would be a plus. 

Gangbangers and thugs don't generally sport their arms in custom leather rigs, huh? I bet that's a pretty good tip off that the guy packing this way isn't a menace to society.