NY Governor says extreme conservatives "have no place in the state of New York"

daddyo

I'm sure the travel industry in New York just loves this guy.

… You’re seeing that play out in New York. … The Republican Party candidates are running against the SAFE Act — it was voted for by moderate Republicans who run the Senate! Their problem is not me and the Democrats; their problem is themselves. Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are.

http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/203801/cuomo-extreme-conservatives-have-no-place-in-the-state-of-new-york/

Fascism is alive and well in the world and in the United States.

It is not enough for a fascist to simply disagree; for the fascist, those they disagree with must be silenced...must not be allowed to have their opinion or share their opinion and in the extreme, must not be allowed to exist. History is replete with examples of where the path of "you can't think that" leads and I'm a afraid that this country my be on that very same path.

• Like 6

I agree. That's why I've never been to New York, and have no plans on going.

I get a kick out of these statements.  It's the same as the I'll never go to Illinois statements.  Let's be clear, NY is not simply NYC and Illinois is not simply Chicago.  Get 45 miles outside of either one and you are most likely in a conservative area.  The problem is that the two large cities over represent the larger area of the state.  It's unfortunate, but I know as many rednecks and conservatives from NY and IL as I do TN.  There are some beautiful parts of NY and IL and some other Liberal leaning states.  I don't let their ignorance dictate my desire to go take in the beauty of our country.  You're missing out if you do.

This is also not to say that I agree with their douchebag Governor.  I don't like what he has to say, but I will support his right to say it.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 2

I grew up in Illinois and it's true about Illinois. If you get 50 miles away from Chicago going west or southwest you do get into an area of the state were the more conservative people live. Mostly good ole farmers and country folks much like folks down here. They are friendly and wave at each other while driving down the road passing folks sitting on their front porches or out in their yards. Now when you get around Springfield it kinda sucks again but then that is where the politicians are located so you can expect them to be stuffed shirts with attitudes bu for the most part other than those two areas folks are pretty much nice folks.................jmho   Never been to NY and don't have any plans on going. I do know a few folks that ahve moved down here from upper part of NY state like around Buffalo and they seem to be fine folks and they moved out of there because they don't agree with the politics either.

I get a kick out of these statements.  It's the same as the I'll never go to Illinois statements.  Let's be clear, NY is not simply NYC and Illinois is not simply Chicago.  Get 45 miles outside of either one and you are most likely in a conservative area.  The problem is that the people in the two large cities over represent the larger area of the state. don't realize anywhere besides their big important city even exists.  It's unfortunate, but I know as many rednecks and conservatives from NY and IL as I do TN.  There are some beautiful parts of NY and IL and some other Liberal leaning states.  I don't let their ignorance dictate my desire to go take in the beauty of our country.  You're missing out if you do.

This is also not to say that I agree with their douchebag Governor.  I don't like what he has to say, but I will support his right to say it.

FTFY. 

Obviously there's not enough of those rural conservative folk to make a difference in the polls.

• Like 4

Yup. But it's worth having a look at one of those vote-by-county maps just to see just how small those islands of left-wingers are (NY state is about 50/50/ by area). Though personally, I enjoyed my visit to NYC and it's my opinion that anyone ruling out visiting there is doing themselves no favors. To each his own, though.

480px-New_York_Presidential_Election_Res

Edited by tnguy
  • Like 1

I get a kick out of these statements.  It's the same as the I'll never go to Illinois statements.  Let's be clear, NY is not simply NYC and Illinois is not simply Chicago.  Get 45 miles outside of either one and you are most likely in a conservative area.  The problem is that the two large cities over represent the larger area of the state.  It's unfortunate, but I know as many rednecks and conservatives from NY and IL as I do TN.  There are some beautiful parts of NY and IL and some other Liberal leaning states.  I don't let their ignorance dictate my desire to go take in the beauty of our country.  You're missing out if you do.

The problem isn't that there aren't beautiful areas or good people in those states but when entire states enact and enforce extreme anti-2A legislation I'm not going there.  I used to vacation in the Adirondacks all the time; not any more. I lived in Chicago at one time...loved to go to shows, museums there and as is traditional, started my Route 66 travels there but the state, at least until recently, became a no-man's land for me and I would go literally out of my way to avoid it (with recent changes I may re-think that position).

Bottom line for me is that I don't want to spend my money in states or cities or businesses that are demonstrably anti 2A.

• Like 5
Guest TresOsos

My wife has wanted to visit Frickin New Yawk City for a while.

I've told her she can go.....but I not going or spending one dime in that *hit hole.

And after the (UN)safe act, cold day before a NY manufacturer get a penny of my money, and this just further cinches the deal.

Not a lot of beauty in Illinois. Calling Cummo a douchebag is going way easy on him. He needs a good southern style ass whippin'.

• Like 1

Well, I'd be surprised if there aren't some beautiful beaches in Cuba, and I know they have killer cigars. I don't see me going there either.

• Like 1

Not a lot of beauty in Illinois. Calling Cummo a douchebag is going way easy on him. He needs a good southern style ass whippin'.

True, I should say that Southern Illinois has some very nice areas.  Middle to upper is mostly corn and soybean fields, but they do grow them some big deer.   

True, I should say that Southern Illinois has some very nice areas.  Middle to upper is mostly corn and soybean fields, but they do grow them some big deer.   

Lots of good ole rednecks there too. And, I agree. Both states are victims of large commie cesspools.

• Like 1

Bottom line for me is that I don't want to spend my money in states or cities or businesses that are demonstrably anti 2A.

Well, I'd be surprised if there aren't some beautiful beaches in Cuba, and I know they have killer cigars. I don't see me going there either.

I guess I just don't live my life solely on one issue.  We have an issue with Cuba, but most of the other part of the world don't and I have been told that it is a great place to vacation.  I don't have to agree with everything somewhere else to go visit it.  I also don't fret over not having a gun with me 24/7.   Lots of great places to go see around the world that don't allow guns.  If that is your sole decider no problem, but it won't stop me.

...and you can't hunt them with rifles! Again.....oh, nevermind. :shake:

I've known lots of folks from Illinois over the years. Even married one once. Out of those folks, a lot were more inclined to ignore stupid laws than folks in these parts. One of these days. I'll tell the story about my high speed chase with the police. I was chasing them :)

I've known lots of folks from Illinois over the years. Even married one once. Out of those folks, a lot were more inclined to ignore stupid laws than folks in these parts. One of these days. I'll tell the story about my high speed chase with the police. I was chasing them :)

I've got a good story to share about Waukegan police sometime ;)

I guess I just don't live my life solely on one issue.  We have an issue with Cuba, but most of the other part of the world don't and I have been told that it is a great place to vacation.  I don't have to agree with everything somewhere else to go visit it.  I also don't fret over not having a gun with me 24/7.   Lots of great places to go see around the world that don't allow guns.  If that is your sole decider no problem, but it won't stop me.

I have a hard time feeding the monster. It's not just about guns. That's a symptom.

• Like 2

I have a hard time feeding the monster. It's not just about guns. That's a symptom.

Bingo!!!!

I don't hate Illinois. I have family in Illinois, and know several great people there. I just don't wish to contribute to the stupidity going on there, in New York, California, etc.

• Like 1