Daniel Defense ad is a "no-go" for Super Bowl

Before everybody gets carried away, NFL doesn't allow any firearms ads at all, among other things, so Daniel Defense wasn't singled out.

Matter of fact, one commentator asserts the NFL never even saw this ad because it wasn't submitted, though he said NFL said of course it wouldn't have been accepted if it had.

- OS

It did a couple of months ago.  It is what it is, it's not like there where ever firearms or 2A commercials on TV in pretty much forever.

I've seen some Henry commercials over the last year, but I guess not on the Big Three?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

thought i read somewhere that there was a commercial with a gun in it...i don't watch football so i have no idea... anyone know? maybe a commercial for a movie or something? 

Guest TankerHC
Someone on fb posted several youtube videos of commercials that didn't make it to the Super Bowl. One of the things that surprised me, several actually, was that it isn't all about the money. The biggest companies always get in but lots of big companies have the money but don't get in because of production values, time limits and whatnot. Some of the commercials didn't get in because they ran to long. But whoever was deciding who made it and who didn't screwed up this year. One of Anheiser Busch commercial didn't get in was better than most. Go Daddy had one that didn't make it, quite a few companies. I didn't see it but did anyone see if our commercial made it? The 600,000 dollar commercial the taxpayers paid for the Obamacare promotion. Or was it just another 600,00 we had to throw away?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

ahh...The Need for Speed promo vid had guns and shooting in it

Captain America The Winter Soldier promo had guns and shooting in it also

The Following season promo also had guns displayed in it

so what exactly is the NFL's no gun policy again?

Edited by carter

Before everybody gets carried away, NFL doesn't allow any firearms ads at all[...]

- OS

Unless of course it's Hollywood glorifying them, like the "24" ad with Jack Bauer chambering a round in his HK. As long as a celebrity is holding a gun it's OK. But if it's a normal American, that's bad, mkay?