LCP Pocket Holster Suggestions

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Desantis has one that obscures the outline of the pistol.  sort of a rubbery texture so it stays in the pocket as you draw you gun.  There is also a new one, a sticky green that works the same way but I can't remember the name right off.

Checked today, the green holster is called the 'sticky' holster.

Edited by chances R
Thanks for the suggestions, men.

TDR, have you shot yours while in the pocket shot? I like the idea of that holster, but it seems like it would be difficult to get your fingers in the correct position while drawing from your pocket.
Yes, I have practiced pulling from my back pocket and shooting. It felt fairly natural to me, and it was definitely faster than the Nemesis, for me.

The Nemesis is fine, but depending on the type of pants/shorts you are wearing, the holster may come out of the pocket with the gun. The holster is designed to stay in the pocket as you draw your weapon, but it doesn't work well with some fabrics, or if your pants are loose fitting. I found the pocket shot to be much faster in most situations.

I've used a pocket holster from aholster.com for several years.  It has worked well all of this time.

I have tried other holsters and the features that the aholster.com holster has that I like better are:

1. the "hook" at the "top" of the holster that helps keep it in your pocket when the pistol is drawn

2. the holster covers the magazine release button.  I carry the pistol in my left pocket.  I found that when I bumped against objects with holsters that don't cover the button, the button would be depressed in my pocket and the mag would fall out when I drew the pistol.

http://www.lefthandholster.com/Pocket_Holster.php

I had the Desantis Nemesis holster for a few months and it works fine.  I ended up selling it though because I felt like it didn't do enough to prevent printing when worn in jeans.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/115445/desantis-nemesis-pocket-holster-ambidextrous-kel-tec-p32-p3at-ruger-lcp-nylon-black

I ended up getting this leather Hunter Holster and I have had it for several years now. There may be better options but it has worked for me.  I would buy one again. I mostly carry in my back pocket with this gun but I have also carried in my front pocket.  Depending on the cut of the pants, it can look a little bulky in the front pocket. 

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/384209/hunter-2500-pocket-holster-right-hand-ruger-lcp-leather-brown

Thanks for the suggestions, men.

TDR, have you shot yours while in the pocket shot? I like the idea of that holster, but it seems like it would be difficult to get your fingers in the correct position while drawing from your pocket.

I've used the pocket shot over a year without any problems.  I also tried an ankle holster but wasn't satisfied with it.

I make my own holsters out of thermoplastic and gaffers tape. Here is a link to my process over on theKTOG.org Kel Tec forum.

http://www.thektog.org/forum/f87/milk-jug-pocket-holsters-256713/

These aren't great looking because they are shown in various stages of build as well as some prototypes. Notice that gaffers tape looks a LOT better than duct tape. I only use gaffers tape now.

The seventh picture down the page shows a Kel Tec P3-AT on the left in a traditional DeSantis pocket holster and a Glock G26 on the right. The thermoplastic is so thin that the tiny P3-AT and the G26 are almost the same width in the pocket, yet the G26 is a pretty wide gun.

You'll notice my holsters are a lot wider at the bottom than the DeSantis. I did that on purpose so it wouldn't tilt in my pocket. You could obviously make it narrower if you prefer. 

Another advantage is that you can easily make the holster longer so you handgun doesn't sit so low in deep pockets. 

Edited by jgradyc

I've already bought two pocket holsters for my LCP, a Uncle Mike's #3 I think and a Galco leather. The leather Galco will not stretch at all after days of trying to stretch it wrapped in plastic wrap. Both holsters continue to stay on the LCP when drawn, so...

Did a little experiment. I like the Uncle Mike's so I went out and bought some sticky Velcro, cut it to length to wrap the entire center portion of the pocket holster, and super glued it on.

LCP come out each and every time without the holster. The Alabama holster Hickock45 uses looks like it works but, I'm not spending another dime for an occasional pocket carry holster. I already have more holsters than the wife has shoes and purse's :rofl:

I've already bought two pocket holsters for my LCP, a Uncle Mike's #3 I think and a Galco leather. The leather Galco will not stretch at all after days of trying to stretch it wrapped in plastic wrap. Both holsters continue to stay on the LCP when drawn, so...

Did a little experiment. I like the Uncle Mike's so I went out and bought some sticky Velcro, cut it to length to wrap the entire center portion of the pocket holster, and super glued it on.

LCP come out each and every time without the holster. The Alabama holster Hickock45 uses looks like it works but, I'm not spending another dime for an occasional pocket carry holster. I already have more holsters than the wife has shoes and purse's :rofl:

If you are going to use the Uncle Mikes get the size made for the .22-.25, it is the one shaped like a boot.
Guest semiautots

Whatever you buy, don't hollow out the trigger area so that you can fire it through the holster.  ATF classifies this an an AOW.  North American Arms designed one for their little .22 and ATF didn't like it.

• 2 years later...