Went looking for targets and I ran across this

RC3

I think it might be fun, but I have a hard time thinking it would be $80 worth of fun.

Thats what I am debating. I might ask a few friends if they want to split the payment and we all get shoot it. But as a single purchase for a one time use, doesnt seem like a good idea. 

• Like 1

Get ya a case of cherry s and put them in a few jugs and have the same fun.

I'm more along that line of thinking. Good reactionary targets are cheap if you know what to buy. Pressurized anything will give you some kind of reaction for the most part. Cheese wiz, shaving cream, cheap soda, clays, paintballs, balloons, the list goes on. $80.00 will buy a lot of the above mentioned. You can go to Walmart with $100.00 and leave with a cart full of fun crap to shoot.

Speaking of which, I've always wanted to pour a huge jelo mold with a 1lb jar or two of tannerite tucked inside and blow it up. It would have to be a very thick mixture at the bottom to hold the weight, but thats doable. Getting it to a range before it melts would be the biggest hurdle.

Besides finding a range where I can blow up jelo.

That may be the biggest hurdle.

Can't transport Tannerite after it has been mixed.

I find that a can of soda is pretty much the best bang for the buck on a reactionary target, I like clay skeets as well for a cost effective target.

Of course cost effective at one shot per target is a subjective term.

All you guys make solid points, but I do not know any ranges that will let me experiment the forces and reactions of ordinary processed food and natural produce. And since I live in the city, I cant go to my back yard and start this little experiment.  But I do have a massive urge to shoot water melons and cantaloupes tho.

A word of advice...don't stand too close to shaving cream cans unless you want a full body coverage experience. I know that personally. :rant:

How close where you? I may trick some people into doing this. 

How close where you? I may trick some people into doing this. 

Ok, tell all time. I was in my know-it-all 20s, and thought I could be a quick draw type shooter. So I was out with an old (then newer) Smith Model 19. Had it loaded with my Dad's reloaded 38 wadcutters. I got tired of shooting at old bottles and tin cans I'd dug out of the trash; so I got the bright idea that those old shaving cream cans, being pressurized, out to make a better target, and might just fly around a little when I hit them.

As I said, practicing my quick draw and point shooting "technique", so I was shooting at about 20-25 feet with my targets sitting on an old fence rail.

Honestly, I wasn't very good at the time, maybe not much better now. But I was getting hacked off that I wasn't doing better and decided to move up a little. Probably about 10 foot or so.

Well...I did hit it. Near the base and it went up...spinning and squirting the remains of shaving cream all around. Maybe it wasn't quite as empty as I thought. I got a facefull as it bounced around.

No big deal, but it did make me more aware of my targets from then on.