New Cabelas Stores

runco

For work, I have to travel to Greenville, SC from time to time.  The hotel that I normally stay in is within 1/2 mile of the Palmetto State Armory storefront, its a 1/4 mile from a well stocked Academy Sports, and this past week I saw the new Cabela's store that is going in.  Its not open yet, but the signs are in place, and all lit up.  I think they are going to open very soon, like March or April.  Talk about a triangle of mega gun stores, that is it, all within a 1/4 mile of one another.  Wish Knoxville had something like that.  I don't like to business travel anymore, but this will change my mind (shhhh! don't tell the boss). 

I don't get to travel towards to Bristol, VA often, but I also understand that a new Cabela's store should open there in 2015.  For our Nashville friends, I guess the closest store will be the new Bowling Green, KY set to open later this year in the Fall.  And for our Chattanooga friends, you will have one on your door step in Acworth, GA, this coming Summer.   Cabela's is really sinking a lot of capital in new stores.

Cabelas did leave an impression with me.  I have only been to one Cabelas before, up in Dundee, Michigan.  I don't recollect any real great deals, but from the size and wonderful aesthetics, along with huge inventories, it truly is a great store if you like that sort of thing.  The size was what blew me away, I believe one could literally fit 2, 3 or maybe 4 Bass Pro stores like the one in Sevierville in the Dundee store.  I hope all of their new stores are just as huge and lavishing.  Talk about museum quality displays of animals and scenery, it was just amazing.  Then the gun room was off the charts with classic offerings of typical common guns and what I like to see, very high end pieces.  I felt like I was under dressed when I walked in.  I wish they would build in one in TN.

Just thought I would pass this on.........

http://www.cabelas.com/stores/stores_home.jsp

[url=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/runco0318/media/cabelas_zps50ed1dda.jpg.html]cabelas_zps50ed1dda.jpg[/URL]

Edited by Runco
  • Like 1

Florida is looking awfully empty.... :wave:

All we have is the crappy Bass Pro and Dicks. At Bass Pro you have to take a number just to talk to someone and the prices are hysterical. 

Our closest Academy is 3 hours north. Lots of missed revenue happening in Florida right now.

Edited by Erik88
I've been to a couple of Cabelas and loved walking around looking at everything. Not always awesome deals, but can spend a whole day just looking at the displays and stuff.
Really wish we had one in Mid TN, but I travel to Louisville for work every few months so can stop in Bowling Green when it opens.

Also, if you have never been to the main Bass Pro in Springfield, MO it is almost as good as the couple of Cabelas I have been in.

Never been to a Cabela's, but would like to. Maybe nest road trip out with the wife I can finagle a stop at one. Been to a couple of Gander Mountain stores, but other than the high prices; I really can't say too much about them.

Does Gander pretty much equal Cabela's in terms of products and pricing?

SIDNEY, Neb. (Dec. 5, 2013) – Cabela's Incorporated (NYSE:CAB), the World's Foremost Outfitter® of hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, announced today plans to open a 42,000-square-foot Cabela's Outpost store in Bowling Green, Ky.

The store will be Cabela's second in Kentucky – joining the Louisville location – and is scheduled to open in the fall of 2014. It will be located at the intersection of Scottsdale Road and Ken Bale Boulevard near Sam's Club.

I just shed a happy tear! :up: :up:

I did not know this.

Never been to a Cabela's, but would like to. Maybe nest road trip out with the wife I can finagle a stop at one. Been to a couple of Gander Mountain stores, but other than the high prices; I really can't say too much about them.

Does Gander pretty much equal Cabela's in terms of products and pricing?

No. Cabelas easily surpasses Gander Mountain in every respect. So does Bass Pro.

• Like 1

We have a Cabelas in Louisville. I am there at least once a month since it opened. 

It is larger than a Bass Pro, but similar sales model with less emphasis on fishing.

The prices aren't bad, the ammo is comparable with any LGS, and there are more choices than Walmart, though higher in cost.

The guns are competitive, but inventory is where they beat anyplace I have ever visited before.

Of course I still have the excellent choice of living halfway between Buds Gun Shop in Lexington and Cabelas in Louisville. Not to mention I have a LGS across the street who price matches Buds and will order anything for me. So that is where I normally do my shopping.

We have a Cabelas in Louisville. I am there at least once a month since it opened. 
It is larger than a Bass Pro, but similar sales model with less emphasis on fishing.

I might be larger than a Bass Pro, but it is half the size of our Bass Pro. biggrin.gif
Guest TankerHC

I've been to a couple of Cabelas and loved walking around looking at everything. Not always awesome deals, but can spend a whole day just looking at the displays and stuff.
Really wish we had one in Mid TN, but I travel to Louisville for work every few months so can stop in Bowling Green when it opens.

Also, if you have never been to the main Bass Pro in Springfield, MO it is almost as good as the couple of Cabelas I have been in.

When the Bass Pro opened in Springfield the NRA National Firearms Museum opened a revolving gun satellite museum in there. Is it still there?

When the Bass Pro opened in Springfield the NRA National Firearms Museum opened a revolving gun satellite museum in there. Is it still there?

When I was there in November, yes it was free. They had a lot of stuff to look at, think the sign said over 1k firearms.

I'm glad new Cabelas is in Bristol, VA and not TN so we won't have to pay sales tax plus their high shipping on online orders.
Hell a store in Bristol, TN might as well been in another state anyway as it's 500 miles from the rest of TN.
  • Like 2

I'm glad new Cabelas is in Bristol, VA and not TN so we won't have to pay sales tax plus their high shipping on online orders.
Hell a store in Bristol, TN might as well been in another state anyway as it's 500 miles from the rest of TN.

Same here. New store in northern GA won't be too far from chattanooga. I love to visit a Cabelas but I also enjoy being able to order from them tax-free.
  • 2 months later...

I was in Greenville, SC again this week.  I was able to visit the Cabelas store there that opened just a few weeks ago.  OUTSTANDING inventory!  This place makes Bass Pro look like the Dollar General when compared to a Super Walmart.  Outstanding store.  One of the largest inventories of guns I have seen for both new and used. 

Guest Lowbuster

I wish Cabelas and Bass Pro were like CVS and Walgreens.  Both are on the same corner of every neighborhood!

I don't understand walgreens and cvs. We have 3 within 3 miles of each other. They stay full but why do they build so close. I know why cvs builds close to Walgreen but why are the Walgreens so close?