Friends house robbed/Home invasion in Chattanooga

pitt2magic

As promised, here is our P.O.S.  This photo is from a past warrant.  This guy is a career criminal.  HCSO say that another woman walked in on him in her home some time last year but identified him from my buddy's video.

[url=http://s136.photobucket.com/user/pitt2magic/media/dirtbag_zps26314762.png.html]dirtbag_zps26314762.png[/URL]

Edited by pitt2magic
  • Like 3
  • Moderators

As promised, here is our P.O.S.  This photo is from a past warrant.  This guy is a career criminal.  HCSO say that another woman walked in on him in her home some time last year but identified him from my buddy's video.

dirtbag_zps26314762.png

Unfortunately he'll be out and about in another few months after his arrest just like he is now from his August 2013 arrest.

• Like 2

5 min is an eternity when thieves are in your house. In 3 min. at my last home 2 thieves walked out the front door in broad daylight with $20k in electronics and valuables(including a 50" plasma) By the time the police arrived the house was re-secured and the thieves were gone.

Yes, I can see they could get away with that stuff. They would not get into my safe, however in 5 min. I know someone will come along and say yes, but no. You would have to see where it is.

I still think alarms are a good idea.

Buddy of mine had his house broken into two years ago. Stole a guitar, computer, tv, and some other stuff. Found his guitar on Craigslist at a pawn shop witch lead to the thief's arrest. Guy got probation and court cost, that was it. These scum do it because there is very little penalty. Hope this joker get more.
  • Like 3

I would have been very happy if the video suddenly showed your friend taking a 12 ga to this POS right on camera. I'm glad for your friend that he won't have to deal with the emotional scar that would have created but I fear this POS will be right back on the streets to do this again. He clearly hasn't learned his lesson.

• Like 1

I would have been very happy if the video suddenly showed your friend taking a 12 ga to this POS right on camera. I'm glad for your friend that he won't have to deal with the emotional scar that would have created but I fear this POS will be right back on the streets to do this again. He clearly hasn't learned his lesson.

Well my buddy is an avid shooter and is also a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu.  Lets just say things would have not gone well for Mr. Sweater Vest if he had gotten caught in the house.

Guest Lowbuster

Nothing worse. My philosophy is that a man that will lie to you will steal from you. A man that will steal from you will kill you. Unfortunately, you can't shoot liars.

This^
These scum take baby steps to more serious crimes.
Guest Lester Weevils
If he really does get off lightly this time... I know little of the way of the world.

Has it got even slacker the last decade? There was a sad young fella who wasn't raised right on my street, not dangerous, just a demoralized loser. Same age as my daughter. A decade or so ago.

He got put in the county pokey, several occasions, for months at a time for the stupidest dummass behaviors you can imagine. Like getting caught stealing a six pack of beer from the golden gallon. Which ain't excusable behavior but ain't near as bad as burglary, or at least seems to me at the moment. Edited by Lester Weevils

First, glad they got it.

Second, notice he walked right up to the safe just in case it was unlocked.

Glad the Safe and the Camera did their jobs, both just paid for themselves 100 fold over.

I live in the city and have an alarm. The cops get there before they'd have a chance to remove and scoot out of there. Not to mention the 135 db alarm going off is kind of a buzz kill, letting the neighbors and the intruder know that things aren't right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I local Officer giving a presentation a few weeks ago, told us that loud alarms do much more then silent alarms.  Allot of people think the silent alarm will give the officers a chance to catch the person in the act, but his though was closer to mine in that I want an alarm loud enough to wake the neighbors so the thief drops it and runs.

• Like 1

First, glad they got it.

Second, notice he walked right up to the safe just in case it was unlocked.

Glad the Safe and the Camera did their jobs, both just paid for themselves 100 fold over.

I local Officer giving a presentation a few weeks ago, told us that loud alarms do much more then silent alarms.  Allot of people think the silent alarm will give the officers a chance to catch the person in the act, but his though was closer to mine in that I want an alarm loud enough to wake the neighbors so the thief drops it and runs.

Yep, I would agree with that.  I originally got the alarm shortly after I bought my house because I was in the Army at the time and would leave on long deployments.  Didn't feel safe having my wife alone.  I got the alarm mainly as a deterent, so that if someone were to break into the house with the intention of rape/murder, they would be deterred by the loud ass noise that won't go away.  It also serves as an early warning so my wife could get the pistol and lock herself in her room with her pistol pointed at the fatal funnel.  The peace of mind that came with getting that system is worth far more than what I paid for it.

The alarm functions in many secondary roles as well.  First, we had friends whose house burned to the ground with the family pet inside.  They had no smoke alarms in there tied to their system.  So this gives us a little more peace of mind when we're away from the house in regards to there being the ability to dispatch the fire department long before there are flames shooting out your windows. 

Also, I suffer from "suspicious-noise-in-the-night" syndrome.  Before I had the alarm I would wake up at the slightest creak of the pipes or the frame and be convinced there was an intruder in the home.  I would not be able to sleep until I had cleared every last corner of the house.  My first night of sleep with an alarm system was the best sleep I had since I was a child.  I still wake up at noises, but can go back to sleep without the obsessive need to go Rainman on every inch of the house. 

And lastly, it is the best deterrent.  Thing is, if a criminal wants to do something, he is gonna do it.  So even with an alarm system, a dog in the yard, signs warning of an armed owner, someone could still victimize you.  It just boils down to how much work they want to do to get what they want.  Most criminals aren't willing to do the amount of work and assume the amount of risk associated with hightened levels of security, unless the prize is something greater than they could get elsewhere, easier.  So the idea isn't to be a fortress, just be a harder target than the people around you.  Criminals tend to case their jobs.  Present yourself as a harder target than the guy down the street and chances are they'll go to that place.

Nothing is 100%, but I do get the ass when I see folks talk about how useless alarms are.  They really aren't.  They are just as much a passive measure as they are an active measure.  The problem is, people don't put value on deterrents, they only put value on what is quantifiable.  Unknowns can not be quantified, and therefore require a little critical thinking; a skill that is lost on the majority of people.  Deterrents do work.  If they didn't then drug dealers wouldn't buy so many pitbulls.

Edited by TMF