Joined the two wheeled crowd

Spots

Wait, didn't you guys create a thread asking for prayers because you needed money? Now you're picking up a motorcycle.

Doesn't seem like the best financial decision given your recent bad luck.

I did. And those prayers were answered because I fixed the car and traded a rifle tha I might use once a month, and hadn't been able to sell, for a motorcycle I can ride to work everyday. My truck averages 16 mpg. This averages 50 mpg. Insurance is cheap on it at less than $100 a year. So yes, when I have less than $150 (tags and insurance) in a new mode of transportation that will save me tons on gas and maintenance cost it was a good finacial decision. Its not like I went and burdened myself with a huge monthly payment or something else that will be a finacial burden. I can park this tomorrow and I'll never pay another dime on it.

Tapatalk ate my spelling Edited by Spots
  • Like 4
Guest Bolt_Overide

I want one, only issue is that my dad and all his buddies have harleys. I am the odd ball that likes a suzuki.

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%20Lines/Cycles/Products/Boulevard%20C50/2014/C50B.aspx

May just pick this up in the spring.

Does it have two wheels and an engine? Then who cares who made it?

I personally am a harley guy. But if I lost everything and could only afford a metric, id still ride the crap out of it.

I personally am a harley guy. But if I lost everything and could only afford a metric, id still ride the crap out of it.

Ever seen the royal enfields? Love the looks on them, but tiny engine.

And thats why I'm not brand loyal. I'd rather ride a cheap metric I can afford than look at pictures of Harley thats out of reach right now.

Ever seen the royal enfields? Love the looks on them, but tiny engine.

Those lil motors are pretty peppy. Consdering how most people ride, 40 or more horsepower is usually plenty for cruising. That said, Id love to have one of the new Vmaxs. Nothing like rolling burnouts at 40 mph

Tapatalk ate my spelling
  • Like 1

Its so crazy to hear that towns name. I lived in Fallbrook after my last deployment from Oct. 2011-Jan. 2012. I live over on De Luz Road and would go down to the 76 (I think that was it) and run that curvy rd all the way to Fallbrook, cruise through town to De Luz, then run it all the way to Temecula in my WRX. Small world

Yes it is. I came off my last deployment in 03 and transferred to 303. I have ridden those same roads countless times. I lived in Temecula and a great road to get to Fallbrook was Sandia Creek Dr. One had to be careful though as the road round around a creek and the creek crossed the road many times. I led a lot of bikes along that back road to meet up with Ding on Fallbrook.

If I'm paying that much for a sport bike its gonna say Ducati on it.

Tapatalk ate my spelling

Hell, the Bimmer is as expensive as my Harley man, the equivalent Ducati(1199) is $3,000 more at $18,999 versus $15,999, which is a price point on par with the Japanese liter bikes.

Edited by whitewolf001

Nice bike, I got my first bike last year, went for the first ride of the season a couple weeks ago. Ninja 500. Wanted a cruiser, but I have a gravel driveway with 2 90 degree turns, ruts, and a switchback at the top so I wanted something lighter to learn how to deal with that. Wasn't as bad as I thought, the bike likes to wander a bit on the gravel as it finds the path of least resistance but just gotta remember to stay loose and not fight it too much.

60+ MPG and cheap as hell on insurance since it's classed as a touring bike instead of sportbike. 

ySYcaeN.jpg?1

Edited by JDH

Nice bike, I got my first bike last year, went for the first ride of the season a couple weeks ago. Ninja 500.

Very nice. My first bike was the little brother of the 500, a Ninja 250. I had a blast on that. It was my only vehicle. I also did 3 solo cross-country trips on it. It's a shame that many people go straight to the big iron & never get to experience the fun of the small / light / nimble bikes.

Yep, the front end will wander around on gravel, bridges with grated surfaces, and pavement with grooved surfaces. You've got it down; don't strangle-hold the grips. It's unnerving at first, but relax & realize that it will only wander so far, and isn't going to run you off the road. You can also put your weight on the footpegs, lift your butt off the seat, and let it wander around under you while you stay upright on top. It'll help give you a better reference point for balance, and let the bike lean as it needs during low-speed turns without you having to lean with it.

Edited by NashvilleStage

Traded off my M14 for something a little different. I needed a cheap on gas commuter and found this on a facebook gun trader site. Its a 1993 Kawasaki Vulcan 750. I replaced the battery and redid the turnsignals where the rubber stalks had rotted off and I'm off and riding. I had about $1300 in the rifle, and I kept my vortex scope. I've rode the bike around here some, and I'm going tomorrow to get tags and my M endorsment. I've been on dirt bikes my whole life, and rode a few street bikes, but this is my first street bike that I own completely, and will be riding the wheels off this thing. I'm gonna change a few things to suit my taste, but here it is.

Congratulations. You won't save a penny but you'll have a lot of fun not doing so.

• Like 1

Pretty hardcore. Do you go to the rally?

Which one? I went to Daytona Bike Week for a day once, but only because I was curious & happened to be living in Orlando at the time. Watching the Daytona 200 was neat, but that was about it for me. I'm not into bars or huge crowds in general, so it's not really my thing. I'd rather ride around with a small group of close friends than with a mob of strangers.

• Like 1

NashvilleStage, on 26 Feb 2014 - 1:18 PM, said:

Very nice. My first bike was the little brother of the 500, a Ninja 250. I had a blast on that. It was my only vehicle. I also did 3 solo cross-country trips on it. It's a shame that many people go straight to the big iron & never get to experience the fun of the small / light / nimble bikes.

Yep, the front end will wander around on gravel, bridges with grated surfaces, and pavement with grooved surfaces. You've got it down; don't strangle-hold the grips. It's unnerving at first, but relax & realize that it will only wander so far, and isn't going to run you off the road. You can also put your weight on the footpegs, lift your butt off the seat, and let it wander around under you while you stay upright on top. It'll help give you a better reference point for balance, and let the bike lean as it needs during low-speed turns without you having to lean with it.

Yeah the smaller bikes are a ton of fun, and much more forgiving when you do something dumb like chop the throttle or accelerate too soon coming out of the turn. Lot to be said for riding a smaller bike fast then riding a big bike slow. Also nice to be able to hoon around on the backroads right in the middle of the powerband without going so far over the speed limit that you'll automatically go to jail.

Honestly I expected I would have outgrown it and upgraded by now, but really the only reason I see to upgrade is for more modern looks, and for fuel injection, and those aren't terribly pressing concerns. SV650 is pretty high on my list. I would prefer the standard without clipons, but most of them are nakeds and I want a faired version. Probably going to end up with a Ninja 650 if I can find one that isn't thrashed.

Edited by JDH
You guys are talking about smallers bikes. I can honestly say thay riding dirt bikes my whole life has made the change to riding street bikes much more fun, and probably safer. I already knew the basics and can divert more attention to my surroundings and driving instead of constantly hunting gears, looking for the brake lever, etc. Plus it helped me already know not to fight the bike on gravel and other surfaces, etc. I think a lot of people under estimate the fun of a small bike whether its dirt or street.

Tapatalk ate my spelling