Wife brought a horse home tonight

rugerla1

Well, pretty much! This big feller was running down OHB close to the Nolensville Road intersection. My wife after a while and some burger bribing got him to get into her Rogue. She took him to the vet and had his toenails clipped and checked for a chip. He had one, and she got ahold of the previous owner. But she had sold the dog and had no contact info on the person she'd sold him to. We're putting ads up tomorrow and hopefully the rightful owner will get their dog back. I'm sure someone is worried sick. Well, I hope so, I hope he wasn't dropped somewhere! He is HUGE!! 129 pounds and for now he's not sure about me but loves the girls. Anyway, here are a couple of pictures of Mr. P. (My daughter said he's as big as a pony so Mr. Pony it is)  :rofl: Dane1_zpsc75ab9da.jpg

Dane2_zps5fe75d14.jpg

Dane3_zpsf1f48f28.jpg

• Like 7

His markings are beautiful, if we don't find the owners I'm pretty sure we're going to keep him. I know how devastating it is to lose a dog, so I hope that if he's ran away that we can find the owners. I know one thing, his growl would definitely make sure the house and us are safe....that's if they don't even see him LOL.

• Like 1

You realize that if you guys aren't able to locate the owners and decide to keep him that you'll be on the hunt for a part time job somewhere right? I've had 3 friends with Danes and they all 4 (one buddy had 2) ate like a horse! :rofl:  Good dog food ain't cheap.

Samson approves of this message

[url=http://s532.photobucket.com/user/jtv14/media/P1010124_zps36275119.jpg.html]P1010124_zps36275119.jpg[/URL]

At 6 weeks old:

[URL=http://s532.photobucket.com/user/jtv14/media/IMG_1780_zps5c067d4d.jpg.html]IMG_1780_zps5c067d4d.jpg[/URL]

70lb Doberman and Samson:

[URL=http://s532.photobucket.com/user/jtv14/media/P1010017_zps7e2ecbd4.jpg.html]P1010017_zps7e2ecbd4.jpg[/URL]

He is around 140 and a freaking lap dog!  He eats 8 cups per day!! Best dog I have ever had though! 

Edited by Slappy
  • Like 2

Looks like your daughter might have a new ride to school. If you wind up keeping him you could make a sign with his photo under the caption "neighborhood watch commander", then post it around the neighborhood. :rofl:

Gotta love gentle giants... we have a saint bernard, and she's an absolute doll :) As for food - go with a grain free brand (origin) -- we fed our 150 saint Orijin and he ate 3 cups per day. Our 100 lb female said eats 2 cups per day. It's more expensive but being as dense as it is, they don't need as much! Good luck ... sent from my pocket rocket ... my Samsung Note 3!
  • Like 1

LOVE Danes.. he looks to be  full breed.. light color  merle...

They are sooo good with kids.. I hope you get to keep him.. you wont regret it...

They are good with kids up until the time they start putting the kids' heads in their mouths. Sixteen stitches on the forehead, six around the side.

Love all the comments and pictures! I got him out for a walk this morning, the whole time putting the leash on I was hoping he would like me once he was out Lmao! He did great, loved all over me and went to the bathroom. Didn't really want to go back in his garage sized kennel but did after I loved on him for a while. He didn't want me to leave that's for sure :(

Well, I have to tell you a funny story. My wife took her lunch to run home and walk Mr. P. since he has had shoo shoo (kid language for diarrhea) since we got him. I called to ask how it went, and if he'd busted out of the kennel and out the front door lol. She said she walked in, he was laying in the living room floor about 6 feet from a puddle of shoo shoo like he owned the place LMAO! He came out of the kennel, like we really thought it could hold him anyway :) He was just kicked back resting and hadn't touched a thing.

I was really looking forward to spending more time with him when I got home, but she met with a Great Dane rescue group that she knows from working at a vets office years ago. They are going to try to find the owners :( I am truly hoping the owners are out looking and find their dog. We are going to keep up with it and see what happens.

Well, I have to tell you a funny story. My wife took her lunch to run home and walk Mr. P. since he has had shoo shoo (kid language for diarrhea) since we got him. I called to ask how it went, and if he'd busted out of the kennel and out the front door lol. She said she walked in, he was laying in the living room floor about 6 feet from a puddle of shoo shoo like he owned the place LMAO! He came out of the kennel, like we really thought it could hold him anyway :) He was just kicked back resting and hadn't touched a thing.

I was really looking forward to spending more time with him when I got home, but she met with a Great Dane rescue group that she knows from working at a vets office years ago. They are going to try to find the owners :( I am truly hoping the owners are out looking and find their dog. We are going to keep up with it and see what happens.

So will the rescue group be keeping the dog or will you guys keep him while they search?

So will the rescue group be keeping the dog or will you guys keep him while they search?

They will be keeping him. I wish she would have waited till Monday but I didn't want to be stingy with him in case they could locate the owners quickly. I was sure looking forward to playin with that big lug tonight!