Deciding on next purchase

that_guy

Ok guys, so I have an akm, a mosin 91/30 and am half-way through building my ak-74. I can't decide whether i want a 1911 or build an ar-15. Both fall into the same price range, only i would have to wait another pay check or two to build an ar-15. I've been wanting both of these for a long time now, now I have some money, but can only pay for one :( If i go with the 1911 i will go with a stainless Colt government model, if i decide to build an ar-15 i will be building an m16a4 clone. What do you guys think? Yes i am capable of making my own desicions at times, but i want to hear your opinon.
Thanks in advance.
AR for sure, prices won't get much lower, and as election year gets closer...well ya never know what a lame duck dem will do on his way out the door. At the very least the fear of it will affect prices and availability. I got all the basic parts minus the lower for 470 from PSA a month or so ago. Just needed sights, mags and ammo after that. Edited by JDH
1911 all the way! But JDH does have a good point. Maybe go ahead and buy a stripped lower for your AR build? You can pick up parts for an AR along the way. If you've already got some cash put back, go ahead and get the 1911 since it will require one big purchase. The AR build will be more fun if you have to hunt for deals on parts and do a little bit at a time.
Personally I'd buy a cheaper handgun and finish the 74. If you have any cash left spend it on ammo.

Colt makes a fine pistol, but you're paying a lot for that dancing pony IMO. I'd go with either a Rock Island or Ruger.
  • Like 3

Definitely a good pistol next. Doesn't have to be a 1911, but if that's the direction you want to go....Ruger, RIA, or a Remington. Just as good functionally, won't cost you as much, and have a little money for ammo or more AR parts. 

• Like 1

"A" Mosin?  There's your answer.   Buy Mosins until you no longer have any available space left in your house, then move to a bigger house ...

And keep buying them until you fill the new house up. Rinse and repeat until you can arm everyone in your state with a rifle. Only give ammo tho to every other person. And dont forget to have your face made into a giant flag and have people carry them :whistle:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-16-chf-mid-length-rifle-kit.html - $520 for Chrome moly hammer chrome line forged FN barred rifle kit. http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-blemished-safe-fire-lower.html - $60 for a blem lower. Hands down, this will be the best AR you can put together in the price range. http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/magpul-mbus-rear-black-gen2-mag248-blk.html - $44 for magpul backup sights. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD