Walmart reloading

Has anyone heard anything about Wally world going to start selling reloading supplies at select stores? Or is this just a rumor that has been started? Might be good if the hoarders don't start in on this like the ammo.

They have been doing this for several years.

Locally, Clinton & Halls

I did not know this.  Next time I am out that way I will have to stop in and look.  like your follow post suggested, probably limited supplies but good to know.

Sadly, I think the Clinton Walmart stopped a bout 6 months ago, unless they have changed their mind recently.  The Halls Walmart pretty much just has Bullets now. Not sure the last time I saw Powder or Primers.  They have a couple sets of dies.

Clinton and Halls are the only Wally Worlds in this area of which I am aware that sell reloading supplies.  Neither of them have a lot, any more.  When the Halls store was still in its old location they actually stocked a good bit but seem to be stocking less and less in the newer 'super' store location.  The Clinton store seems to be slacking off, too.  I am only up that way once every few months and the scaling back has been noticeable, to me.  I also didn't see any 16 gauge ammo the last time I was in the Clinton store.  That was the only WM I know of that was still stocking 16 gauge and I usually bought a box or two whenever I was in there.

Sadly, I think the Clinton Walmart stopped a bout 6 months ago, unless they have changed their mind recently.  The Halls Walmart pretty much just has Bullets now. Not sure the last time I saw Powder or Primers.  They have a couple sets of dies.

You would have never seen the primers as they are hidden. You have to find a person to pull them out from under the counter.

You would have never seen the primers as they are hidden. You have to find a person to pull them out from under the counter.

I wonder if they are hiding powder?  I used to buy Varget there off the shelf for $22 or so a pound.

Are the stores that handle reloading supplies willing to put in an order for a customer?

It has been my experience no matter what they are out of, if you ask when it will be in stock the standard canned response is, "we don't know when we will get more.  If it comes on the truck we will put it out.  We don't know what is on the truck until it gets here."  Next time I really want something that isn't in stock and I get that message I am going to ask for a manager that is high enough to know what is on those dam trucks.  I know, pointless to ask that about ammo but I have had the same canned response on other things as well.   I believe they are trained to answer that way.  Hell I guess I am old enough to remember if you ask for something that wasn't in stock, the people working though you the store could pick find out and tell you we expect to have more of such and such next Tuesday. 

The Walmart in Halls had primers when no one else did back in 2008-2009. You could walk in and buy any amount you needed, same with powders, equipment and bullets.

Now I'm confused again you said Halls has them. I live near Halls and they don't have a Wally world. Could there be another in east Tenn. I'm so confused I think I'll go lay down now.

Halls is north of Knoxville, I think it used to be Halls Crossroad before it was incorporated or annexed into Knoxville, whatever the case is.

this is indeed what I meant. Halls Crossroads near Knoxville.

I'm not sure it was Bristol or the city/town passed it. When I shot the VA State match last year we stopped in there for "stuff" and I walked back to see what prices were on guns and ammo. They had mostly rifle stuff but I was surprised to see reloading section.

The one here in Sweetwater needs to get some of that!

The Fayetteville, Tn store sells reloading supplies.  It is like their ammo, selections vary from time to time.  When they have them, Hornady XTP bullets are about the cheapest in the area.

That's the one I go to. The guy that runs that dept is a pretty stand up guy. He does not hold stuff, it just sells fast.