TWD Season 5

That's not a bad idea, Spiffy. I might try it sometime.

The inhabitants of Alexandria do seem to be on the...well wimpy side. Don't seem like they ever had to fight as Rick's group to survive.

The takeover maneuver could be the season ender. Rick stands up and says just that and we fade out till fall.

I think the wolves showing up will be the season ender.

You have a bunch of walkers you could pick off easily and instead just walk on by so they can get you later when things screw up

This. Just "clear the fence".

Probably some better stuff in the "cage" part of the warehouse anyway. That's where the small, rare, and valuable stuff is going to be. Not sure why they rolled out there to the warehouse in a van when they have a big rig. Go out there with a crew and empty that place out. The supplies for the wall could wait a day while the truck was in use (or hey...get a 2nd truck!). They'd have enough gear to set up solar on every house instead of having a centralized array, plus spare parts for decades.

Edited by monkeylizard

The kid already admitted to smashing the owl.

Also, I'm pretty sure the woman becomes Rick's girlfriend as he has one in the comic books.

Crass comment coming...Jessie looks better than the first wife. I never could stand that whiney voice of hers.

Edited by hipower

I think the wolves showing up will be the season ender.

I think that coupled with the pussy-ness of the community and Rick saving the day will cause his rise to power. In the comics it's pretty bloodless when the Ricktatorship comes to power.

Recall back to the beginning of the show. Carol was a meek housewife to an abusive husband. I think he got a beat down once for manhandling her, didn't he? I guess that's why Carol is so intense about this guy being abusive to his wife and kid. For some reason I feel a twist coming on. The kid never said his dad was the abusive one. My gut says we will find out that the truth is the wife is the abusive one, and Rick will have to put HER down. That may be why the husband so desperately wants to be friends with Rick. Plus the kid cozying up to Carol makes me think he is looking for a mother figure.

I also find it very disturbing that the culture of Alexandria is to run away and to leave their friends behind when faced with danger. Didn't the one construction worker say something like, "It's what we do".

Hate on me if you want, but I'm not sad to see Noah go. I never liked his character all that much. I thought he was weak. His carelessness in his old home neighborhood is one of the reasons Tyrese got bit.

The priest has completely lost it. A lot of the "horrible things" Rick's group has done, was to save his own skin. And he failed to mention how he locked his own parishioners out of the church when they were seeking shelter. At least Rick's group never killed innocents.

That last line gave me pause. If it is the twist, it could be why Sam doesn't really seem to be afraid of Carol after her little speech. He's used to a "bad momma" or it could just be he thinks she can help him more than anyone else.

Remember when Carol and Pookie stay in that women's center in Atlanta, I think if she told Daryl that he's beating his kid that Pookie would turn Pete into a squirrel.

• Like 1

Crass comment coming...Sam looks better than the first wife. I never could stand that whiney voice of hers.

........Sam's the little boy.............You mean Jessie. 

What I like about the comics is Lori isn't a bitch outside of her hormonal outbursts.

“Spend”

3rd from last episode of the season, lots of action, suspense, most gory scene since 1st season.

Rick’s group is correct of their assessment that current population of Alexandria is soft and incapable to take care of matters and Deena knows she needs Rick & Co.

Probably the scene that irritated me the most was Gabriel’s treason of Rick & Co.   I counted at least 3 times, Rick & Co. pulled Gabriel out of certain death (where they met on the rock) , the food bank (costing the life of Bob) and outside the church.  I don’t think Gabriel understood, Deena soon won’t have the power to force Rick & Co. to leave, if she has not already lost that power.

Rick and Pete conversation, Pete tried to intimidate Rick.  I don’t think Pete has any idea what Rick can do….and may soon find out.  Rick can use the justification of Pete being an abuser instead of being caught up in a love triangle.

Carol…..stone cold killer

Abraham, views the construction crew as ate up as a soup sandwich, takes over the construction.  So now, we see Abraham in charge of building, Rick and Michone and police.  Glenn will soon take over supply run.  Darryl will run or co-run recruitment runs. 

Noah was beginning to come around, but his loss will not be a big factor.

Good to see Eugene stepping up.  

The only one in the original Alexandria group with real contributing skills is the architect husband. Even that's unfocused and prone to design flaws from lack of "out there" experience. With Glenn, Rick, Carol and Darryl advising on security matters, his designs could become solid defenses.

I think Sam cozied up to Carol because she's not just a mother figure, but a strong mother figure. Something he doesn't have if his mom is being beat and won't stand up for herself or for him. If daddy's beating him, he may see Carol as someone who can protect him. Her little speach in the pantry may have had the opposite effect in some ways than she intended. Instead of staying away, he's drawing closer to her. I suspect he won't say anything about the guns, but because of loyalty, not fear. If Carol ever has proof he's beating Sam, Darryl won't have to gut him like a squirrel. Carol will slit his throat passing him on the sidewalk and never break stride....which would make a phenomenal closing scene for an episode.

+1 to seeing that the group is being put in position to take over everything. Bring on the RickCaroltatorship and let's go hunt some wolves!

Edited by monkeylizard
  • Like 1

They're raiding the shopping mall construction site for materials. They're extending the wall to encircle a larger area in preparation for finding more people to live in Rickville.

As inept as the construction crew was at taking care of that small batch of Z's and as bad as the two with Glenn tripped out in the warehouse, I don't know how they've survived this long.

What threw me was that I thought the construction guy who advanced first said he was going to kill Abraham. something like "he's dead and I'm going to make sure he stays that way". Maybe he just meant he thought Abraham was dead and he was going to shoot his corpse in the head to prevent the big red zombie machine from coming after them. Sounded more sinister than that, but former crew boss never said anything about that when he resigned to Deena.

Edited by monkeylizard

Yeah, they talked about that in last week's episode at the party. Rick said they work good for walkers, but a human can run right up them. Mr. architect agreed and said that's the kind of input he needs, or something like that. I doubt we'll see them move them around. The supports will just be on the inside come some new episode and a character will make a comment about how glad they are to have that finally done.

They're raiding the shopping mall construction site for materials. They're extending the wall to encircle a larger area in preparation for finding more people to live in Rickville.

As inept as the construction crew was at taking care of that small batch of Z's and as bad as the two with Glenn tripped out in the warehouse, I don't know how they've survived this long.

What threw me was that I thought the construction guy who advanced first said he was going to kill Abraham. something like "he's dead and I'm going to make sure he stays that way". Maybe he just meant he thought Abraham was dead and he was going to shoot his corpse in the head to prevent the big red zombie machine from coming after them. Sounded more sinister than that, but former crew boss never said anything about that when he resigned to Deena.

I believe he said something like "he's still alive and I'm gonna make sure he stays that way".

• Like 3

OK. That's much better. I'll go back and rewatch that scene. Other than Nicholas (The swift hammer of Glenn Justice coming soon), Aidan-I-shoot-grenades, and Pete, everyone else in the town seems to be on the up and up, just clueless.

The problem with any of them killing Pete is that he's the town doctor. He'll have to be the one to save Tara next week, making Rick/Carol realize his value to the town.

I predict that Nicholas, on the other hand, will be tried, judged, and summarily executed.

Y'all are like a bunch of ladies at the beauty parlor talking about As the World Turns.  :lol:

As long as there are no characters named Thorn or Ridge I think we are OK. :pleased:  (I used to work at a bank and at lunch hour the soaps were on. That's how I know those names)

I think Nicholas is going to lie and say Glen abandoned the other two.  Rick's group will know it is BS, but the ASZ people will remember Glen beating Aiden.  Eugene cannot honestly give testimony as to what happened for sure, so it becomes one guy's word against the other.  

something like "he's dead and I'm going to make sure he stays that way". 

It was phrased funny but it was actually either "he's not dead" or "he's still alive". I thought he was heading out to kill him and it took me a few seconds to re-parse what had been said.

Edited by tnguy