Facebookers... BEWARE!!!

I don't think for a minute that anyone at all, anywhere, for any reason is tracking my movements, looking through my photos, checking my emails, using my camera or recording my calls. Frankly, even if they do, it's of no consequence to me.

I'm not doing anything even remotely illegal at any time (well, maybe a bit of quicker-than-is-legal driving). I never go anywhere I'm not legally allowed to go. I don't photograph anything inflammatory or controversial or discuss any kind of criminal activity.

What have I got to worry about?  :shrug:

• Like 1

I don't think for a minute that anyone at all, anywhere, for any reason is tracking my movements, looking through my photos, checking my emails, using my camera or recording my calls. Frankly, even if they do, it's of no consequence to me.

I'm not doing anything even remotely illegal at any time (well, maybe a bit of quicker-than-is-legal driving). I never go anywhere I'm not legally allowed to go. I don't photograph anything inflammatory or controversial or discuss any kind of criminal activity.

That's the way I look at it.

[quote name="robtattoo" post="1178310" timestamp="1407773278"]I don't think for a minute that anyone at all, anywhere, for any reason is tracking my movements, looking through my photos, checking my emails, using my camera or recording my calls. Frankly, even if they do, it's of no consequence to me. I'm not doing anything even remotely illegal at any time (well, maybe a bit of quicker-than-is-legal driving). I never go anywhere I'm not legally allowed to go. I don't photograph anything inflammatory or controversial or discuss any kind of criminal activity. What have I got to worry about? :shrug:[/quote] So? You are willingly giving up your rights? Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk
Guest Broomhead

Uh...The number one most important one...Privacy. Wether they will or will not do it is irrelevant. You are giving them permission to invade your privacy, there by effectively giving up that most important right. FB has already been caught giving user information to the NSA, who says they won't do it again?

So? You are willingly giving up your rights? Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

Uh...The number one most important one...Privacy. Wether they will or will not do it is irrelevant. You are giving them permission to invade your privacy, there by effectively giving up that most important right. FB has already been caught giving user information to the NSA, who says they won't do it again?

Yes, I’m giving them permission to monitor me. My car can save my life or a family member’s life by calling for help if I’m in a crash. My phone can be tracked if I call for help or need directions.

I agreed to those terms and that is my right…. And I’m exercising it.

I’m not giving up anything and I don’t think anyone forced anyone here to buy a cell phone or sign up for facebook. Technology is a wonderful thing; I enjoy it and I use it. thumbsup.gif Edited by DaveTN
  • Like 1

I assume then that if the FBI or DEA or some other alphabet government agency want's to come into your home and "look around" you're okay with that too?  I mean...what's the difference if you aren't doing anything "illegal" then the police ought to be able to force you to into a deep cavity search if they decide they want to do so...as long as you aren't hiding anything up there what difference does it make? :tinfoil:

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1

Facebook, what is that?? I don't, won't and ain't gonna use that cra$. I don't even like texting. Call me, get the message across, or ask the question and then get off the phone and do something constructive. Like work or fish or something!! If I was the CEO of a company the first thing I would do would be to implement a NO PHONE policy while you are getting paid by me with the exception of a salesperson or truck driver and only if he had an emergency. You just take a few moments each time you go into a business and some employee is either texting, talking or looking at some video while on the clock. Go to work. Ok rant over, have a nice day!!

My phone keeps sending me text messages that I need to take it in for service because it will not accept Multimedia messages. It has been sending me that message for two years now once a week. If I wanted multimedia messages I would have signed up for them but for some reason they cannot understand that............... :rant:

What you may do legally today (own a gun, practice a religion, buy a 42oz big gulp) my be illegal tomorrow

Soooo........(from THAT article) "We do not provide any government organization with direct access to Facebook servers," Facebook chief security officer Joe Sullivan said in a statement. Again, if something is made illegal, I'm pretty sure you get a little warning, via every single news channel, Facebook, twitter, every newspaper, radio reports, online journals & blogs etc... Posting that I just bought a new pistol on Facebook IN AMERICA isn't even going to cause the tiniest blip on any NSA/CIA/FBI/USPS computer anywhere.

I guess I will continue not using Facebook, twitter or any other social media. I just prefer that fewer people rather than more know my business. I don't do much that is illegal however I think it would be hard to go through life without breaking any laws.  I would guess that I probably know somebody who knows somebody that might be breaking a lot of laws or associating with a group that I don't want to be associated with.