Damn Beretta. ;)

Steelharp

I'd like to have a Beretta made in TN.  

But as far as Taurus vs Beretta, I have a Taurus PT-99 (adjustable sight version of the 92) and I used to have a Beretta 92.  I kept the Taurus based solely on the safety/decocker.  The Taurus is frame-mounted and can be carried cocked-and-locked.  I've never actually carried it, but I have used it in IDPA matches.  If I were to carry it, I would have no problem carrying cocked and locked.

IMHO Berettas are just beautifully built handguns. If you buy one, odds are it won't be your last. I'll definetely buy a TN built model, but Cougars have always been my favorite to shoot. If you ever have the chance to try out a Beretta Cougar you'll fall in love.

8040 D Cougar (No safety or decocker...just point & shoot)
015_zps1aa00a68.jpg

92G & 96G Elites
009-12.jpg

The second picture ...... OH NO YOU DI'NT !

BEAUTIFUL GIRLS ! Edited by Fourtyfive

I rather like my Beretta 92FS and concede it is capable of far more then I've wrung out of it. But with that aside its never been a carry gun for me and likely won't ever be such. But I've no plans to trade or sell it and most likely as not will get another made here in TN once the new factory's up and running.

You shoulda said you were interested in Beretta. I just sold one. lol It coulda been yours!

Right.

The day you give up on Glocks and CZs is the day.

CZ's are gone. Not one here. That DA/SA thing again... yet another reason to not get a Beretta.

Edited by Steelharp

Just cock it for the first shot. ;)

Yeah, yeah, I know. But I'm "that guy" that doesn't have a "range" gun. My range guns are my carry guns. When I go to the range, I take what I may have to use. Those are the ones I want to be really good with, anyway. They're still fun, too.

My preference is a striker fired, constant trigger pull platform. I don't mind constant DA either, like a revolver. The consistency is my preference. 

• Like 2

I have a Beretta 96 and an old SA model 1951.  I love them both, but both are safe queens.  The 96 is the same size as a 92, just a different caliber.  In fact, I think you can put a 92 slide and barrel onto a 96 frame and fire it as a 9mm; someone correct me if I'm wrong.  They're just too big to carry.  It'd be a great home defense pistol, but my EDC fills that role, so the Beretta stays in the safe.  Beautiful pistol though.

Same here. It's a range gun. Much too large and heavy for me to carry daily, although I know some find that it works for them just fine.

I am in the works fine for me crowd carry mine daily mostly owb but can carry comfortably iwb as well, but I am a big guy (tall) so that may have something to do with it.  Have no issue  with the 92G being decocker only.

Just my .05 ( .02 adjusted for inflation0

CZ's are gone. Not one here. That DA/SA thing again... yet another reason to not get a Beretta.

All joking aside, I do appreciate the quality of the Beretta 92/96/M9 series handguns. They are rugged, dependable, and efficient products .And I have owned at least half a dozen of them over my gun buying years. A 92, an M9, and a Desert Storm model.

That being said, I fall into the category of those who appreciate them, but really don't love them.

It's just a matter of a big grip and medium/small hands. I just can't get comfortable with it. 

As to your comments, Steelharp, I really have no problem with the da/sa mode on it or any other non striker gun.  

Maybe it's because I shoot so many different guns, that I haven't really acquired a skill set dependent on that particular type of weapon .And I'm not saying or implying I'm particularly good with either one, but it just doesn't bother me.

As OhShoot says, just cock the hammer. And shoot.

Perhaps if I used one, and that's not likely for me; single pistol all the time I would feel different.

But that's just me.

• Like 1

The second picture ...... OH NO YOU DI'NT !

BEAUTIFUL GIRLS !

Thanks. Those are the twins. The Cougars have a slimmer grip & IMHO better ergonomics than the 92/96 models so they get most of the range time, but I can't let go of my Elites... unless an opportunity to get an Elite II surfaces. An Elite II is at the top of my "bucket gun" list.  :x:

I don't know; I MAY go with a Taurus for a bit, just to see if I really like the platform, and the cost difference... must ponder.

My uncle has had his Taurus 92 knockoff for about 20 years now. Still shoots fine. Just shot it last year. He even shot a bad guy with it a bunch of times, so it's a proven SD weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 2 weeks later...

I carried an M9 while on active duty and have owned a few 92s/96s over the years.

I can say, they are the ONLY SD pistol that I've never had a malfunction with.

That said, the only reason that I own any now are because they are fantastic suppressor hosts.

Also, because I'm not a huge DA/SA fan, all the models I do own are the "D" series and upgraded with Wolff trigger springs.

BTW, put a "D" series hammerspring in your DA/SA 92 and you'll notice a better trigger pull.  And, I highly recommend the Wolff trigger spring.

http://www.gunsprings.com/Semi-Auto%20Pistols/BERETTA/92,%2096,%20AND%20CENTURION/cID1/mID2/dID36

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/hammer-parts/hammer-springs/hammer-spring-d-version-prod27930.aspx

9mm mag-wise, I use MecGar's flushfit 18 rounders exclusively...never a problem.

MecGar's flushfit .40 mags hold 13. 

Edited by TN-popo