2014 rifle season pics, keep the pics from your stand and trail cam pics coming too!

Scenes from my duck blind last year
ca47c876e58cf71b236fed729c1eaa9c_zpsea67

Wind was really blowin' the dekes around
1393cc10d388194158366dbaf18dbbd5_zpsf5f3

921e670b15fbe94f63a1e0e824d3754d_zps8b71

Bunch of birds flying in that Arkansas sky
a7d9bf8d37a895330bf054e52a65b149_zps4bf8

Very nice pictures! I've had a few invites over the years to hunt a few blinds in West TN and MS but something has always come up that prevented it from happening. One day I will get the offer again and will make it happen!

• Like 1

It is. Tva bush hogged the lines and I am taking advantage of it. Had 2 does with a yearling each come out about 345. Nice to see them and let them walk.

Glad you got to see them. I thought I had a doe and yearling that were wandering by all my cameras but after the pictures I saw today it looks like there's at least 3 doe with yearlings. No matter how many times I am faced with it I always hate taking a doe when there's a young one around. 

Yep. Had I shot when I first saw the two, I'd have orphaned one of the yearlings. They were at 30 yards, but I tend to be more patient lately, and now glad I waited. The yearlings didn't appear for 3 or 4 min after the does walked out.
  • Like 1

Yep. Had I shot when I first saw the two, I'd have orphaned one of the yearlings. They were at 30 yards, but I tend to be more patient lately, and now glad I waited. The yearlings didn't appear for 3 or 4 min after the does walked out.

I know what you mean. It doesn't bother me as much late in the season because I feel like they've seen enough to have learned what they needed to learn but I'm none to excited to be seeing all these doe with little ones in tow.

I'll show a few.

Took my youngest with me, he's 16 but I wasn't letting him hunt that area by himself last year.  I'm in a climber in another tree looking back at the permanent ladder.

IMG_0238_zps0c355749.jpg

Selfies, geez, I'm almost sorry I posted this one but I do kinda like seeing us both in the stand at daylight.

IMG_0239_zps952b7de6.jpg

Same hunt a little while later.  We both got does.  He was down much quicker checking on his deer.  I'm still trying to work my way down in the climber.

IMG_0240_zps4b6f00a6.jpg

View from another hill.

DSCF0002_zps4c4e84f8.jpg

Same hill, looking down

DSCF0004_zpse99fc0c2.jpg

Same ladder stand.  Small buck walking in and then bedded down behind me.

Now you can see why they can just stop and disappear

DSCF0014_zps0fcb4101.jpg

• Like 4

I'll show a few.

Took my youngest with me, he's 16 but I wasn't letting him hunt that area by himself last year.  I'm in a climber in another tree looking back at the permanent ladder.

IMG_0238_zps0c355749.jpg

Selfies, geez, I'm almost sorry I posted this one but I do kinda like seeing us both in the stand at daylight.

IMG_0239_zps952b7de6.jpg

Same hunt a little while later.  We both got does.  He was down much quicker checking on his deer.  I'm still trying to work my way down in the climber.

IMG_0240_zps4b6f00a6.jpg

View from another hill.

DSCF0002_zps4c4e84f8.jpg

Same hill, looking down

DSCF0004_zpse99fc0c2.jpg

Same ladder stand.  Small buck walking in and then bedded down behind me.

Now you can see why they can just stop and disappear

DSCF0014_zps0fcb4101.jpg

Those are some beautiful woods there! They remind me of a few tracts we had leased down in Georgia when I was young. I would rather sit in a climber in open hardwoods like that than anywhere else on this earth. Nice having a spot where you can let your son hunt his own stand but you still be close by. Is this in the Westmoreland area?

No, all those shots are from two different locations in Wayne Co, near the Buffalo river.  It's where I will end up retiring to someday.

An old neighbor of mine always dreamed of buying a spot of the Buffalo and talked about it constantly. Once his folks passed away and the kids auctioned off the farm it only took him about 2 weeks to disappear over there and I've never seen or heard from him again. I figure if it's that nice I may have to go check the area out sometime.

Ladder stand in Hickman County last season (hunting the same stand again this season):

20131123_0709110_zpsf1073d9a.jpg

My other tree stand - back deck of 300 acre family farm in West Virginia:

20131125_160415_zpsa9af903f.jpg

The next day doing some snow hunting and took a huge farm doe at dusk (was not one of these):

20131127_131251_zps1d65aa6f.jpg

Filled the freezer with this one (hunted between some hay bails):

DoePic211-27-2013_zps98413772.jpg

Snapped a couple pictures today in between the 40 million rain drops I tried dodging, but to no avail! 

First one is looking behind my tree, couple little trails that are used sometimes. Haven't seen but one on it so far this year.

deerstand1_zps5cb30fb6.jpg

2nd one, I snapped this because someone else did a "down the sights" pic and I thought it was cool. Thanks for the idea!

deerstand2_zpsaa6996b5.jpg

3rd one, directly to the left of my stand

deerstand3_zps7c0ba964.jpg

And finally, my front view. Hopefully I have a view of this with a deer in it soon! LOL

deerstand4_zps5793d051.jpg

• Like 2

e952da87ff9f6bfcbeba35e1c505149d.jpg

A little spot n stalk today. Stand is wherever my butt lands.

Butchering syntax with Tapatalk

I've bow hunted some but I've never gotten into it heavily due to the weather still being nice enough to work. What bow hunting I have done has been from a climber but even being in the air I always worried about getting busted during the draw. This has been my really long way of saying that I consider you a badass if you consistently are able to take deer from the ground with a bow!!!
  • Like 1

Snapped a couple pictures today in between the 40 million rain drops I tried dodging, but to no avail!

First one is looking behind my tree, couple little trails that are used sometimes. Haven't seen but one on it so far this year.
deerstand1_zps5cb30fb6.jpg
2nd one, I snapped this because someone else did a "down the sights" pic and I thought it was cool. Thanks for the idea!
deerstand2_zpsaa6996b5.jpg
3rd one, directly to the left of my stand
deerstand3_zps7c0ba964.jpg
And finally, my front view. Hopefully I have a view of this with a deer in it soon! LOL
deerstand4_zps5793d051.jpg

I expect to see a pic with some deer hide in it by mid morning tomorrow!!
I should be home from church by noon so if you want, just plan on being at the house around 12:30-1:00, weather permitting. Depending on how my wife is feeling we may not make it to church so I could potentially be able to go earlier if that's more convenient for you. Go ahead and hunt though because I'm in no hurry.
  • Like 1

I expect to see a pic with some deer hide in it by mid morning tomorrow!!
I should be home from church by noon so if you want, just plan on being at the house around 12:30-1:00, weather permitting. Depending on how my wife is feeling we may not make it to church so I could potentially be able to go earlier if that's more convenient for you. Go ahead and hunt though because I'm in no hurry.

My rear end should be in bed already so I don't know if I'm gonna make it out in the morning or not. The alarms set in case I get up wide awake. I'll give you a shout in the morning though.