What kind of belt do you wear with your holster?

I wear his one.....everyday. It's comfortable...it works and it's made in the USA.

http://www.unclemikes.com/bags-cases/belts/reinforced-instructor-s-belt

I've been wearing this exact same belt 7 days/week for almost 7 years. The velcro is finally wearing out, so I ordered a new on yesterday. I caught the first one on sale for $18, but the new one cost me $25. If I get another 7 years out of the new one, it'll be money well spent.

^this is my favorite carry belt, followed closely by Hank's CCW belt. I wear my beltman horsehide belt 5 days a week(it's classy looking enough to wear to work) the hank's typically on weekends. I've found I prefer the more supple Hank's belt with jeans and IWB holsters such as my alien gears or my crossbreed. I always choose the beltman belt for my OTW holsters since the stiffness seems to support my gun much better.

http://www.hanksclothing.com/amish_belts_ccw.html

How thick would you say the Hank's belt is?  Is it still pretty stiff even though it is not as stiff as the beltman?

How thick would you say the Hank's belt is?  Is it still pretty stiff even though it is not as stiff as the beltman?

I can measure it when I get home, but its thick enough to not sag when loaded but thin enough to work with all my holsters. Lots of gun belts are stiff in both axis, where the Hanks are supple in the axis wrapping around your waist and the holster but significantly stiffer in the opposite axis when it comes to drooping laterally. All while not as stiff as belts such as my beltman(horsehide) and some with internal stiffeners(my older 5.11).

After many years of holsters and belts I had an instructor tell me the secret and it is mentioned in above post  Kydex Insert 

Any leather gun belt would sag then try another holster. About a year ago I got a Aker Kydex lined leather and now carry

a Glock 22 & extra mag under a T-shirt all day and hardly notice I am wearing it and it pulls everything up tight and

flush and never find myself adjusting it,hard to believe it took me fifteen years to stumble across this simple fact. I have

mentioned it to a couple buddies and they said" Your just finding this out" I think Galco&Bianchi make them. I got mine

from a guy advertises on the Glocktalk Board under the holsters for sale and goes by  Pesky He is retired and lives

down the street from Aker and turns in orders daily. If he is still around he will get size,color,width&buckle You want.

I paid $45 shipped for it last year and still look brand new.

After many years of holsters and belts I had an instructor tell me the secret and it is mentioned in above post  Kydex Insert 
Any leather gun belt would sag then try another holster. About a year ago I got a Aker Kydex lined leather and now carry
a Glock 22 & extra mag under a T-shirt all day and hardly notice I am wearing it and it pulls everything up tight and
flush and never find myself adjusting it,hard to believe it took me fifteen years to stumble across this simple fact. I have
mentioned it to a couple buddies and they said" Your just finding this out" I think Galco&Bianchi make them. I got mine
from a guy advertises on the Glocktalk Board under the holsters for sale and goes by  Pesky He is retired and lives
down the street from Aker and turns in orders daily. If he is still around he will get size,color,width&buckle You want.
I paid $45 shipped for it last year and still look brand new.

The Akers belt sounds like a good price.
I know that good belts are very important. If you have an Amish community near you check there. I found mine at an Amish hardware store in MI and they are the best belts I have ever owned. 1.75 inches wide and .25 inch thick real leather with ss buckle. $15. I have one in brown and black. Great deal. Last forever and don't stretch.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your in Gatlinburg stop in here

The Real McCoy” Leather
Gary McCoy invites you to his shop for quality, handcrafted leather goods.  Need a new belt?  Choose regular and ranger of solid leather and brass.  Gary’s shop is located at 513 Glades Road in Gatlinburg. He is currently at the Gatlinburg Convention Center arts and crafts show untill Oct 26

Edited by Ron_TN

here lately i've been wearing a 5.11 TDU belt with a Bianchi CarryLok ... its a good lil belt and cheap, been durable and no issues so far... use to wear it under by duty belt for while, it was good for that too... the holster is a nice piece also... I figured with the clothing i wear it conceals about as good if not better than a IWB holster, plus has retention... I may try appendix carry again and get an Alien Wear (one of the single ply leather ones) and cut the rear portion off to make an appendix carry rig... I've tried the blackhawk riggers belt with the kydex insert and it's just too bulky, hate putting that thing on.

Edited by carter