Car/Cow accident question (not wife or I) no pictures

vontar

Cows are dangerous killers. Anyone wanting to own one of those horrible things should have to pass a background check and register it. We have to do this for the children.

Yup.  The state trooper did tell her she was lucky, that a week ago he worked a similar wreak with a fatality. 

I am doing my part.  I am eating cows as fast as I can but I am only 1 man.

• Like 6
Don't discount the years later reimbursement of the deductible. My dad got a check last month for money recouped from a wreck he had 18 years ago. It was his deductible plus interest for the last 18 years. Came up to about $1800. I don't remember all the details but he didn't try and recover anything, just wrote the deductible off as a loss. Got a check last month with an explanation and a thank you for being a good customer. Live right and karma can come in your favor.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by jtmaze
  • Like 1

Cows are dangerous killers. Anyone wanting to own one of those horrible things should have to pass a background check and register it. We have to do this for the children.

Assault I mean Angus Cows must be banned immediately!

black-angus-GAR-New-Design-3029-13397432

Next thing you know, someone will add a 30 round magazine clip and a pistol grip to these things and turn it into an evil black cow.

• Like 1

Chit happens! :shrug: I was once a passenger in a vehicle that hit a cow in a pasture. :rofl:

Macon County? Vehicle in Pasture?  Cows present?  No I have never been involved in such a thing that caused the fenders to be replaced and the bed to get kicked by one really ticked of cow.  And if this was to have happened no cows were hurt.  Just one guys truck.  :rofl:

• Like 2

As has been said, it's on her insurance company to make restitution to her.  Company will take it from there if they think they have recourse to recoup any of it.

The only way it's "on her" is if she's not covered for what she considers full recompense and wants to sue the landowner directly.

- OS

Exactly what I meant!

Dave

I was an adjustor for 5 yrs.
The police will determine who owns the cow. Her insurance co will pay for her car. Her ins co will seek reimbursement from the farmers ins co or the farmer himself. She will likely initially be resp for her deductable. Her ins will subrogate for that as well.
  • Like 1

My horse got chased out of her pasture by my house one year.Ran into the 4 lane in my town and ended up with 3 broken legs inside a sedan. The lady who hit  the horse was OK.. Horse had to be put down by the officer who responded.The lady who hit my horse apologized  profusely and felt so bad for hitting  my horse.Would`nt even take money from us for a rental. We managed to finally give them a 500 dollar check for the deductible or rental( cant remember which one) Had Farm Bureau come out and looked at fencing, said wasnt my fault she got out as the fencing was adequate.I was just glad  the horse did not hurt the lady. People cant be replaced.... horses can. Police said they would never had guessed that someone would come forward and claim ownership of the horse. I couldnt have lived with myself if she would have gotten hurt and my animal caused that. 

Some people just do not  have any integrity and do the right thing 

• Like 1

Several years ago my ex-boss hit a cow in Alabama, in that state the owner isn't responsible. A week earlier about 1/2 a mile from his wreck a woman was killed when she hit one. Big ranch with thousands of acres. BTW cows, horses, deer or trees don't reflect your headlights like vehicles do.