Post Photos of Your Bedside Home Defense Weapon(s)

JohnC

I was bored, so I decided to take a picture of my bedside home defense weapons.

Usually, that consists of what ever carry piece I am deciding between because I alternate them depending on weather, how I'm dressed and where I'm going.

These happen to be the two I've chosen over the past few days since I got back from a trip to CA.

FN Five-seveN and Springfield XDs 45 on a temp table because I've not unpacked everything from moving to a new place.

post-1-0-50457900-1415066139.jpg

I added the extra mags for the heck of it. I never carry extra mags. :no

The only one that consistently stays by my bed is a no frills Bushmaster carbine. I like this because it's simple, high capacity, and my wife is fairly proficient with it with less recoil than a shotty (sorry uncle Joe :-\ .)

photo_zps345f8ea0.jpg

Edited by dats82
  • Like 1

I don't have a pic on my phone but my nightstand gun is a Gen 3 19 with a 33 round mag of 124 grn HST and my 870 stands upright between the headboard and the table.

My wife wanted me to put the Mossberg M590A1 9 shot pump out, but I told her no because we have wood floors here and I was afraid it would slip or get bumped and knocked over.

Does Glock have high-cap mags for the 45acp? I've never seen anything but 9mm in high cap.
  • Like 1

My wife wanted me to put the Mossberg M590A1 9 shot pump out, but I told her no because we have wood floors here and I was afraid it would slip or get bumped and knocked over.

Does Glock have high-cap mags for the 45acp? I've never seen anything but 9mm in high cap.

There are several aftermarket hi-cap mags but I have never had any luck with them. I bought one cheap for my G22 back when it was my nightstand gun and had major feeding issues. I like factory.
  • Like 2

My Beretta 92FS 9mm was my home defense pistol for years. Since I pull my carry pice off and leave it by the bed, the Beretta has gone in the closet.

That's how the rotation goes, what ever weapon I take to the range and/or carry that week becomes my bedside gun.  So calibers vary but every one of them always has a full mag, and have been recently tuned in.

• Like 1
If your gun ever malfunctions, and you want to make sure the bad guy is sorry he ever walked in your house, just wake your wife up and say "Hey, don't you think you need to get up and get on the elliptical?
She won't even need a gun! :rofl:

Disclaimer: Seriously, DON'T do this, there will be two funerals, yours and the bad guy's!