Republican Wave

runco

Man, you all kill me.  Even when we win we lose is it?  

I love to listen to the ideological "they are rino's" or "it doesn't matter" talk.  If the only way for you to be happy is if the entire Senate and House go far right conservative, you are not only delusional, you are in for a long life of whining and crying, and to be frank, I am tired of the whining and crying.  Everyone sounds like a Debby Downer.

We all know it isn't perfect and isn't going to be perfect.  Why not just be glad that progress what made towards the ideology you want even if it isn't perfect.  There is just too much negativity around everything around here these days and it's a shame as it use to be a pretty enjoyable place most of the time.

• Like 8
Well, things are different than they used to be. This radical is following a plan and has been a dictator, he still has two months for a couple of surprises.
I'm happy that this election has actually made a big change in the landscape but I don't believe for a second the puppet will give up on his agenda.
Could be that Obama pretty much declared he wasnt gonna do nuffin' if it wasnt his way...Harry Reid wouldn't allow any bills to go to the Senate floor for a vote...now the Repubs have both houses, they need to put up or shut up...I dont ask to have my political/social ideology imposed on anyone, nor do I want their's imposed on me...some REAL meeting in the middle might be nice for a change..

Expect some bills with the Republican agenda to be sent to the President so he will be dared to veto them.  If they send the Keystone Pipeline bill to him sooner rather than later, he signs it so the environmentalists have a while to get over the butt-hurt.  Not one federal judge will get confirmed to the circuit or appeals courts.  The Attorney General confirmation hearings will be a public trial over the last 6 years of Justice Department activity.  The real fights will be over the debt ceiling raises and budget cycles.

The budget fights can't be timed for political expediency, so those fights will happen and Obama will veto any budget the other side comes up with. 

Dragging out the confirmations hearings for appointees is also a good thing (sometimes gridlock is good, LOL).

If the Republicans are smart, they'll send the Keystone Pipeline bill through in late summer of 2016 when America is sick of summer gas prices. Obama will have to veto it or piss off the tree huggers close to the big election. That will put him in a bad place with the right and the middle.

Edit: We just have to be careful not to spoil things for 2016 by being douchebags now.

Edited by BigK
  • Like 1

When McConnell was asked about the Republican agenda yesterday, he stated his priority was to find areas of agreement between them and the Dems. :shrug: Why couldn't they have done this two years ago? :shake:

Police State? NWO? One-World Government? :tinfoil:

• Like 1

Man, you all kill me.  Even when we win we lose is it?  

I love to listen to the ideological "they are rino's" or "it doesn't matter" talk.  If the only way for you to be happy is if the entire Senate and House go far right conservative, you are not only delusional, you are in for a long life of whining and crying, and to be frank, I am tired of the whining and crying.  Everyone sounds like a Debby Downer.

We all know it isn't perfect and isn't going to be perfect.  Why not just be glad that progress what made towards the ideology you want even if it isn't perfect.  There is just too much negativity around everything around here these days and it's a shame as it use to be a pretty enjoyable place most of the time.

It's a conditioned response from years of voting and being let down. Very much like if you call a dog to you then run it off, call him to you and run him off, after a while he just sits and stares at you when you call him to you. Now do you get it?

• Like 3

It's a conditioned response from years of voting and being let down. Very much like if you call a dog to you then run it off, call him to you and run him off, after a while he just sits and stares at you when you call him to you. Now do you get it?

I actually don't think that is a good analogy to be honest, it only refers to one side.  For me, it is more like there is a dog in between two people.  The first person pulls out some chicken and the dog starts to run towards that person.  The other person then pulls out steak and the dog turns around and runs towards the steak before he gets the chicken.  This goes on and on back and forth as each person keeps pulling out more food.  In the end neither one gets the dog to come to them and both are pissed because they think the dog should like chicken or steak more than the other.

What they should have done was both go towards each other and give the dog some steak and some chicken and everyone can be happy.  Instead, no one is happy, including the dog.  I am not sure this is much better than yours, but I simply made it to point out that there are two sides.  You can believe there are plenty of people who have more reason to not be happy about the results than you today if they really believe in the liberal way.  

In the end, I wish more people would focus less on what they perceive as negatives and focus more on the positives.  Many don't want to do that because then they can't hear themselves bitch.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 5
I agree with Hozzie. After reading this thread I'm not sure what we were supposed to do. Vote for the Dems? Become hermits and hope for a governmental collapse? Jump off a bridge?

We deal with the issues we can today and tomorrow we'll do the same in hopes to create a climate of change in government. (See what I did there)

I bet the same things were said when Reagan didn't have congress or Clinton. But life moves on and we fight the good fight the best we can. Edited by Lumber_Jack
  • Like 2

When McConnell was asked about the Republican agenda yesterday, he stated his priority was to find areas of agreement between them and the Dems. :shrug: Why couldn't they have done this two years ago? :shake:

Why couldn't they have done this two years ago?   Two words           "HARRY REID"        Harry Reid has held this entire country hostage for about 6 years along with Nancy Pelosi.  Those days are gone now and all we can do is  hope they can do some kind of collateral repair to the damage. 

• Like 1

I actually don't think that is a good analogy to be honest, it only refers to one side.  For me, it is more like there is a dog in between two people.  The first person pulls out some chicken and the dog starts to run towards that person.  The other person then pulls out steak and the dog turns around and runs towards the steak before he gets the chicken.  This goes on and on back and forth as each person keeps pulling out more food.  In the end neither one gets the dog to come to them and both are pissed because they think the dog should like chicken or steak more than the other.

What they should have done was both go towards each other and give the dog some steak and some chicken and everyone can be happy.  Instead, no one is happy, including the dog.  I am not sure this is much better than yours, but I simply made it to point out that there are two sides.  You can believe there are plenty of people who have more reason to not be happy about the results than you today if they really believe in the liberal way.  

In the end, I wish more people would focus less on what they perceive as negatives and focus more on the positives.  Many don't want to do that because then they can't hear themselves bitch.

I'm not sure who has the steak, who has the chicken, or who is the dog in your analogy, but politicians are going to do whatever gets them re-elected. Right now pandering to the moderates gives them the most bang for the buck. 

I believe the average far right conservative is too wrapped up in their ideals to even realize they are in the minority. Why on Earth would a Republican alienate 3/4 or more of the country to appease such a small group?

I'm not sure who has the steak, who has the chicken, or who is the dog in your analogy, but politicians are going to do whatever gets them re-elected. Right now pandering to the moderates gives them the most bang for the buck. 

I believe the average far right conservative is too wrapped up in their ideals to even realize they are in the minority. Why on Earth would a Republican alienate 3/4 or more of the country to appease such a small group?

^^This!

I agree with Hozzie. After reading this thread I'm not sure what we were supposed to do. Vote for the Dems? Become hermits and hope for a governmental collapse? Jump off a bridge?

We deal with the issues we can today and tomorrow we'll do the same in hopes to create a climate of change in government. (See what I did there)

I bet the same things were said when Reagan didn't have congress or Clinton. But life moves on and we fight the good fight the best we can.

Well, I agree with Hozzie also. Some people just aren't happy regardless of getting everything they want it would not be enough.  One person said that we need to worry about what damage Obama can do in the next couple months. He can't really do much of anything because the Republicans are in position to Impeach him if he screws up to much. Michelle even made that clear last week when she was ask what she worried about the most if the GOP got control of the entire Congress and her reply was "I'm afraid they will impeach Barrack". If he has not done anything to get impeached for why is she afraid? Could it be he has and she knows it? I was thrilled when they got 6 and rolled over and went to sleep when they got  #7. Obama's press conference today was hard on him cause he didn't have that protection of the Senate any more and there was a definite difference in the tone of his voice..............jmho

• Like 1

Really poor math skills?

I agree Mike. There are guys like Cruz and Rand Paul and some other Tea Party Senators are more right than some of the other older more seasoned Senators, the ones some folks like to call Rino's  but The younger ones will fit in and work in unity in the older more experienced Senators.........................jmho

I'm part of that really small group, but I'm not self-deluded enough to think my wishes would make America happy. My enemy is NOT the middle, it's the left.

I am too, at least on several of their points. Don't matter if it's not a large enough group to vote it in.

• Like 1

Because they take an oath to uphold the constitution? :shrug:

I don't want to misunderstand, so can you clarify that?

As much as I'd like to think I'm right by being far right, I'm afraid if I told some of my liberal and moderate friends that my side is the only ones upholding the Constitution, they'd see things differently.

I say the republicans need to flex its new muscle, and undo what O has done.  The big Veto will surely happen, but pressure the dems into a override super majority! 

I remember at one time, O saying "....you would have thought they won the election......."  I say we did now! 

The republicans need to shut him down, undo what the dems have done, and just lead I say!  We do not want a reach across the aisle. 

Edited by Runco

I don't want to misunderstand, so can you clarify that?

As much as I'd like to think I'm right by being far right, I'm afraid if I told some of my liberal and moderate friends that my side is the only ones upholding the Constitution, they'd see things differently.

There are damned few people in congress, on the right or left, who don't violate the constitution on a regular basis. I don't really want to waste time searching for actual quotes and actions of each legislator and senator, but I can dig up example after example until you grow tired if it if nee be.

Your side is closer to the constitution than either liberal or moderate ideologies.

What defines a moderate anyway? They don't believe in anything?