NO, i'm not going to eat that.... (rant)

K191145

Anything with ingredients I cannot pronounce. Seafood. Most vegetables. Anything containing gluten (allergic). Most forms of sugar.
I am a total PITA to cook for, try to get to go out to eat with, and work has given up in trying to career anything in that I can/will eat.
I'm a carnivore. I get my vegetables by eating vegetarians.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

One look at me, and you will know I'm not a picky eater.  I do like that statement though ...

Oh and blue cheese. There is NO excuse for it & it tastes like feet.

As a server I used to laugh my ass off when people would say, "I'm going to be good today and order a salad". They would then proceed to ask for extra blue cheese or ranch dressing. Idiots. They were probably better off ordering a burger and fries.

Blue Cheese is an abomination. 

I will eat and enjoy just about anything except guacamole (or however the hell it's spelled). I love all food from sushi to cheese. I have a love for seafood and anything from the water. I have tried gar, octupus, eel and many more. I actually like to try new foods that may have grossed me out as a kid.
  • Like 2

I'm not very picky. I like a lot of things that many people won't eat(sushi, mushrooms, oysters, olives). 

The only thing that I have ZERO desire to ever eat is snails. 

And just what is wrong with Escargot? I bet you have never tried them.............. :rofl: :rofl:

I will eat and enjoy just about anything except guacamole (or however the hell it's spelled). I love all food from sushi to cheese. I have a love for seafood and anything from the water. I have tried gar, octupus, eel and many more. I actually like to try new foods that may have grossed me out as a kid.

You and I think very much on the same lines and as far as guacamole, I will not eat to items and only for one reason Anything made with Avocado or mashed Rutabaga. Both on them remind me of Baby Sh-t on a plate. Beyond that is I planned to not eat what most folks here won't eat I would starve to death.............jmho   

• Like 1

Cant stand most cheese, especially when some dork waiter douches my food w it on their own,Mozzarella,provolone i can handle, the rest no.I hate the fact that restaurants shove cheese into everything.Its a plot and scam. Eating too much cheese is like ingesting elmers glue.Cheese is so fng bad people should be jailed for making their kids eat it. same w taco bell and some of the other garbage that comes w a toy.I wont eat squid unless a bet is involved.Am not into pork cept for some bbq,NO chicken unless the meal is homemade,Been hit w food poisoning 3 times,all 3 from chicken. all 3 times laid me up for 3 days, Ill take a swordfish steak over a ruth chris cut any time. king crab legs over pizza.My favs are seafood,shellfish,green veggies,sushi/Asian.Chinese being at the bottom of the list.I hate liver but will down escargot like popcorn.the worst part of food for me is burning it off....

great rant thanks!

I eat alot of chicken, it's one of my favorites but I can tell if it's been cooked properly, never never eat a piece of chicken the has any red blood in it even close to the bone. When I cook it I can tell when it starts to peel back from the bone pluse I check it with a thermometer. No one will get sick from any chicken I cook. I also wash my hands and any dish and even sink that I have prepared chicken in or on.

And just what is wrong with Escargot? I bet you have never tried them.............. :rofl: :rofl:

I've never tried them and there's absolutly no odds on me ever trying slugs with shells. The French would probably make a green fly pie, call it some Feench name and it would be an expensive delicacy at some French restaurant. The French eat some grose stuff.

I eat alot of chicken, it's one of my favorites but I can tell if it's been cooked properly, never never eat a piece of chicken the has any red blood in it even close to the bone. When I cook it I can tell when it starts to peel back from the bone pluse I check it with a thermometer. No one will get sick from any chicken I cook. I also wash my hands and any dish and even sink that I have prepared chicken in or on.

Homemade I'm ok w but it's rare I get it. Escargot I'm fine with. Brains liver, and weird crap I won't eat unless I have a few drinks in me....

I've never tried them and there's absolutly no odds on me ever trying slugs with shells. The French would probably make a green fly pie, call it some Feench name and it would be an expensive delicacy at some French restaurant. The French eat some grose stuff.

No different than eating oysters on the half shell which i love also. just dump them in the old mouth and they rolled around a little and then just let them slide on down.........WOW!!! that is lip smacking for sure.............. :up: :up: :rock:

The only thing thats ever given me pause was Balut eggs (google it). And I still ate half a dozen for breakfast a few times. Other than that I have a good appetite and strong stomach. Ive eaten live baby octopus, squirrel brains, possums, coon, fried grasshopper, snake, rocky mountain oysters, goat, horse, etc.
  • Like 2

The only thing thats ever given me pause was Balut eggs (google it). And I still ate half a dozen for breakfast a few times. Other than that I have a good appetite and strong stomach. Ive eaten live baby octopus, squirrel brains, possums, coon, fried grasshopper, snake, rocky mountain oysters, goat, horse, etc.

Balut also gave me pause. How ever, liquid courage got the best of me on more than one occasion. LOL

Sour Kraut, I can forgive the mayo and fries issue cause that's the European in you. And we are on the same footing for the mustard, I love mustard on fries with a healthy dose to Tobasco.  :)

Edited by buck1032

Ohhhh Sour Kraut. You've  obviously never had *good* cornbread. If you were closer I'd make you and Dolo my cornbread.

One thing I never cared for was sawmill gravy. Me and the wife went to Charleston for vacation this year and Hominy Grill completely changed that opinion. They had a chicken biscuit smothered in sawmill gravy that will change your life. Since then, I've been experimenting with making my own.

I like grilled chicken over pasta with marinara.  Guess that will make some vomit....I also love hot sauce, not just table hot sauce, but HOT SAUCE....I guess I am part masochist and want to see how much pain I can take...

Cornbread.. yuck.. its like eating chicken scratch..

Black eyes peas... taste like dirt...

any innards.. like  liver, sweet breads and kidneys.. no thanks..Had enough of it when I was growing up...

Did I mention Corn bread? gross...

and Hushpuppies.. same as chicken scratch

Blasphemy!  

Ok, well cornbread is pretty much chicken scratch.  Chickens like cracked corn.

BEP, I like their music.  

Innards ain't bad.  Very nutrition dense.

Hushpuppies are basically cornbread.  As you've surmised.

Edited by Clod Stomper

No different than eating oysters on the half shell which i love also. just dump them in the old mouth and they rolled around a little and then just let them slide on down.........WOW!!! that is lip smacking for sure.............. :up: :up: :rock:

Hadn't had Oysters in a while but I used to like them fried or smoked in the can, those and clams are about the onlt 2 seafood dishes i'll eat now. I will eat fried catfish but would prefer chicken, beef, or pork. Loosing my taste for fish as I get older. Also I can eat a tuna salad sandwich loaded with onions, pickles, boiled eggs, Mrs. Dash and Mirical Whip. Even better with a slice of Bordons american cheese on it.

Black-eyed peas are getting better to me. With some good seasoning, like in Hoppin' John, they're good.

I hated cornbread when I was a kid, but love it now.

I would almost put a lima bean buster sign on my door, wouldn't eat them as a kid and will not eat them now. I'll finish a bowl of beef stew and if there's lima beans in it they will be in a small pile in my empty bowl. There was a can in the pantry for 2 years, I didn't buy rhem but I finally gave them away to a can food drive. If an asteroid hit the earth and there was wide spread famin, 50 years later there would be explorers come into my house and find a skeleton on my bed and a can of lima beans in my pantry.  :)

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JMH42/media/NoLimas_zps7bddddc6.jpg.html]NoLimas_zps7bddddc6.jpg[/URL]

Edited by K191145
  • Like 2

Not a big fan of anythings liver. We had it at least every 2 weeks when I was growing up. I had to eat some before I could leave the table. Even mixing it with other things you just can't mask the taste.

Edited by swim615
  • Like 1