Man Tries to Lie About Being a Vet

Ron_TN

What is really sad is a lot of these imposters, from what I have found, have actually been in the military. Most are some sort of support MOS like a cook or driver or supply. That lets them know enough to BS 99% of the people they meet. But when they meet the 1% who are actually real deal Ranger, SF, PJ, MARSOC, SEAL it is obvious those that lie are full of it.

• Like 3
Who all would chip in for bail and beer for a REAL Ranger to stomp this guy's head till the fat oozed out of his grubby ears?

I was too much a coward to be a service man myself but I still get really pissed by those who lie about it. Edited by Caster
  • Like 2

So how come nobody ever impersonates a sailor?  There's a lot of valor in swabbing decks, ya know.

Our Navy is the undisputed ruler of the oceans and the seven seas.  No one else comes close. No other country is willing to dispute that nor do they have the assets to challenge it. Those Tube Jockeys can be anywhere and nobody knows it. The silent service............

• Like 1

Our Navy is the undisputed ruler of the oceans and the seven seas.  No one else comes close. No other country is willing to dispute that nor do they have the assets to challenge it. Those Tube Jockeys can be anywhere and nobody knows it. The silent service............

Yep, NAVY all the way but if Obama can he will work his butt of trying to destroy our Navy too. He and Biden damn near destroyed our Navy Seals and Obama has removed several Full Admirals from active duty aboard ships in the fleets and replaced them with yes men when he got NO answers during his litmus tests of the Admirals. I hope he is the most Lame Duck President in history. Problem is, he is the Commander-n-Chief of our Military period. Congress can have all the other power but unless he is impeached he will remain in charge of our Military..................jmho

Edited by bersaguy

I impersonated a Sailor for 20 years and 17 days. :) Not much glory and little chance of Stolen Valor as an Aviation Machinist Mate. LOL

Thank you for your service and if it not for you being their doing your job it would have made our Navy Pilots jobs much harder. I salute you for you very important 20 years and 17 days of faking it........................... :usa:  :up: 

Thanks Bersa. SWJewellTN is correct, there are a lot of fake SEALs out there. I have worked with them for years and I can honestly say I would not want to be them. :) Yes they got cool toys, but so did I. Ever get to monkey around with a spindle pry bar? That sucker is a beast, it doesn't shoot but if one were hit with its going to hurt. LOL Besides my highest award was a Navy Achievement Medal. The awards I am most proud of are my 8 Sea Service ribbons.

When I saw this video yesterday I got really ticked off.  The man impersonating a Ranger is quite pathetic (he has a long and chronicled history of engaging in such behavior), but that isn't what got me upset.  I got upset with how the veteran filming this video was behaving in public and even more so considering it was in front of his son.  Served or not, his behavior and language in public speaks volumes to me about his character or at least his judgement.

I am all for shaming those who seek accolades for something they have not done or earned.  If poseurs gain some financial benefit from their deception, especially from public funds,  then they should be arrested, fined, and made to pay reparations.  That said, there is a right way and a wrong way to shame someone.  Don't be a total horse's ass when calling someone out.  By doing so, you sink to the poseur's level, and you are also creating a situation that has the possibility of becoming violent even deadly.  One might not be concerned for their own safety, but this is a public place, so they should be considerate of those around them.  From the training I have taken/taking, I was taught it was best to remove myself from confrontational situations, not create them.

Edited by mav
  • Like 5

When I saw this video yesterday I got really ticked off.  The man impersonating a Ranger is quite pathetic (he has a long and chronicled history of engaging in such behavior), but that isn't what got me upset.  I got upset with how the veteran filming this video was behaving in public and even more so considering it was in front of his son.  Served or not, his behavior and language in public speaks volumes to me about his character or at least his judgement.

I am all for shaming those who seek accolades for something they have not done or earned.  If poseurs gain some financial benefit from their deception, especially from public funds,  then they should be arrested, fined, and made to pay reparations.  That said, there is a right way and a wrong way to shame someone.  Don't be a total horse's ass when calling someone out.  By doing so, you sink to the poseur's level, and you are also creating a situation that has the possibility of becoming violent even deadly.  One might not be concerned for their own safety, but this is a public place, so they should be considerate of those around them.  From the training I have taken/taking, I was taught it was best to remove myself from confrontational situations, not create them.

I will give this vet a pass, I dont know that I could of done much better in his situation. When you have friends die in combat, and you have this POS and many like him take their accolades for a measly 10% off their purchases and other monetary gains just pisses me off. While I was in uniform, and still, I would have people say "Thank you for your Service" and on a few occasions buy me my lunch before I could protest. I am always polite about it and acknowledge their thanks. But deep inside I kind of feel like poop, because I am home and many of my friends are not. And yes, I still shed a tear at Taps. These guys deserve much worse treatment!
  • Like 3

I like " I was on mission" and he's shopping w the sgt major in a mall on Black Friday .....
The language was a lite over but I get the frustration the interviewer has w the imposter.
There's a guy named don who calls out seal imposters on you tube. Great stuff!
Imposters are everywhere:

f9066e26aa4c39d8557ebdad38af9274.jpg

Edited by Dustbuster