It took a lot not to whip someone's ass today

My Dad has Dementia I'd sure hate to hear someone kicked his ass for something he can't control.

I have known and still know a few men with Dementia and I have never seen any of them be bullish or belligerent towards another person. In most cases they are more of a quiet nature. Someone like the guy that approached Dolo is the kind of guy that probably beats up on his wife and would never stand up to anyone that might make his a$$ a neck tie!............jmho

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1
Several members of my family had dementia in their old age. Outside of ending up in their neighbor's living rooms butt naked and urinating on people's tires, I never knew them to go up to people and be a complete dick for the hell of it. Is this a common issue with dementia? I'm ignorant.
Wow what a douche! After the 3rd time getting within 3 feet of me I would have (fill in blank)..... U did good leaving the crayon eater alone. I think u had enough to deter his assault if needed. But anyone who has the balls to do that to anyone on crutches is mentally ill or just plain stupid. I'd drive from Nashville to assist on this one....good grief!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was in a retirement community meeting a couple years ago and one of the audience got super angry with the speaker. I spoke up to defuse the situation and got a dirty look, but that stopped it. Afterwards, I talked with the speaker and he said he sees this all the time. A lot of these older folks are on pain meds and other drugs. Between the pain of their illness and the lack of inhibitions caused by the meds, they sometimes go ballistic. 

As others said, the guy was crazy for some reason or other because no sane, sober person would do that. 

I have thought a lot about this and it still pisses me off something fierce.  I wish I could give you the body of a 19yr old, fresh out of Marine Corp Basic......I bet you could have got that guys head pretty far up his own azz.

inqek_zpsypdytv3o.jpg

• Like 2

I really have not seen any proof the guy had mental issues. All I have seen from what I have read is the guy is just a bully and a smart ass that would not stand up and face a real man. I'm betting the guy was probably a bully in his younger days in school also. He has just not met that 1 right person that will give him the learning experience of his life. I hope it does happen soon after his episode with Dolo the other day.................jmho

• Like 1
I was sitting in a restaurant with some friends one day when a group of guys walk in. One of the guys was loud and over the top with arm jest gestures. I remember making the comment to my friend that the guy must be a real tool. Some time later I ran into him again at the bank. He acted the same but I noticed he had a real bad tick. His eyes jerked and head moved in a very quick almost accidental way. I asked around and found out the kid had turrets. I jumped to the conclusion he was just a young punk and I was wrong. Although we don't have proof this guy has a problem we also don't have proof he doesn't. Most people with mental problems have close family to keep them in check, but not all people with mental problems have close family.

One thing I've learned in my life is this: If you get in a fight with an old man it's a lose lose situation. If you win you've just beat up an ol'man. If you lose you got your ass kicked by an old man. If you have to fight do it, if not...let it ride.

Several members of my family had dementia in their old age. Outside of ending up in their neighbor's living rooms butt naked and urinating on people's tires, I never knew them to go up to people and be a complete dick for the hell of it. Is this a common issue with dementia? I'm ignorant.

Everyone is different I guess, My parents live in Vegas so I don't get to see them as much as I'd like to, my Mom says he has good and bad days she knows now just to agree with whatever the topic is instead of arguing over something meaningless, the doctor rated him at stage 4 my Mom thinks 5, when we talk I can't tell, trust me I test his memory with things that happen 30+yrs ago and he has total recall.

I called them last yr they both answered the phone at the same time, I couldn't hear because the tv was really loud, I asked why? Mom said he pulled out his hearing aids and was watching the war channel, he was convinced he served in WW2, when I said you were a kid when it happen, then I said you were not in WW2 but you went to Korea, he hung up on me.

That said I guess it's possible he could become a complete dick.. 

Its not uncommon.  I used to do community service and we would go to the nursing homes.  There was an entire *floor*  (of about 4 floors?) that housed the more troublesome folks.   That is, they would randomly assault you,  verbally or physically, some quite aggressively.    The common theme seems to be that YOU (the victim) remind the person of someone they absolutely HATE.  And they act upon this.    My wife's grandmom thought my wife was someone who had been her rival or enemy or whatever in like elementary school and would throw stuff and try to get at her...  same thing.   When my grandma was in, one of the other ladies there chased me in her wheelchair (slowly... sad..)  saying she was gonna get me for being a scruffy looking rascal.  It was funny, but it wasn't.  I think she took offense to my leather jacket.

The brain is short circuited... and what happens is pretty much totally random.  They all have things in common ... memory loss, confusion, but *which* memories and how they are wired to respond to the confusion varies greatly.  

Whether this guy had it or not is hard to say.  Usually, they call the person by the name of the mistaken identity but not always, and reference wrongs that of course make no sense to the victim.    This sounds like something else.

• Like 1
Guest Lowbuster
I'm sorry this happened toy you. Some people are raised stupid. About 10 years ago, when my daughter was in kindergarten, her fellow students would make up songs about me having to hobble into school bent over with a cane. That shows us all that grownups can act like children.
You know your stronger than people like that, you don't need to prove anything. Especially to ASSHATS.