Low Perfecta Pricing is Ending

I went to my local Wal-Mart and the manager over sporting goods told me that he had to raise the prices of Perfecta and ZQ1 ammunition by this Saturday.

All he had in stock was ZQ1 7.62 x 51.

So, it looks like the good ammo prices are about to end.  They were losing money on every box, and I'm sure it affected their P&L.  He did say the other stores must also raise their prices.

The department manager showed me his cost.  Their Wal-Mart was losing money on it.  Can't speak for the others.  His store manager had been riding him to order less of it, as it went against the store manager's overall profit and loss.  They also sell the orange clay pigeons below their cost.  I believe they call it a "loss leader" in retail jargon.

I have read on here where several folks were talking about the Perfecta having a great price at their local Wally but the couple locations I checked (mainly the one in Lenoir City and the one in Sweetwater) the Perfecta was priced about the same as Federal, Remington, etc. with TulAmmo being a lot less expensive than any of those.  I checked multiple times to see if the price had come down and it remained the same.  My luck - the stores in my area never have the 'cool' stuff (pricing.)

I have read on here where several folks were talking about the Perfecta having a great price at their local Wally but the couple locations I checked (mainly the one in Lenoir City and the one in Sweetwater) the Perfecta was priced about the same as Federal, Remington, etc. with TulAmmo being a lot less expensive than any of those.  I checked multiple times to see if the price had come down and it remained the same.  My luck - the stores in my area never have the 'cool' stuff (pricing.)

+1. My local WM has Perfecta priced within a few dollars of Federal & WWB. The last box of Perfecta 9mm I bought was $12.97/50 rounds & Fed. & WWB were about $15-$16/50 rounds. That still beats my local gun shop who wants $30/50 rnds for WWB & Remington FMJ. Our WM has higher prices than about any WM in East TN because there's no competition in or around my area. The nearest WM is over an hour drive from my town so they can pretty much raise prices however they want. Nearly every item in our local store is 5%-10% higher than Lafollette, Oak Ridge, Clinton, Knoxville, & Somerset, KY. (Lafollette & Somerset are the nearest) That adds up over a year of spending. :down:

Edited by luvmyberetta
Glad I got while the gettin' was good. As always, wish I got more, but the wifey's always complaining about stupid stuff like "food" and "mortgage." I don't really know what she means... I just nod like I know what she's saying. Seems to shut her up for awhile.
  • Like 3

+1. My local WM has Perfecta priced within a few dollars of Federal & WWB. The last box of Perfecta 9mm I bought was $12.97/50 rounds & Fed. & WWB were about $15-$16/50 rounds. That still beats my local gun shop who wants $30/50 rnds for WWB & Remington FMJ. Our WM has higher prices than about any WM in East TN because there's no competition in or around my area. The nearest WM is over an hour drive from my town so they can pretty much raise prices however they want. Nearly every item in our local store is 5%-10% higher than Lafollette, Oak Ridge, Clinton, Knoxville, & Somerset, KY. (Lafollette & Somerset are the nearest) That adds up over a year of spending. :down:

Walmart will price match other stores in the area on identical, in stock, items. Plenty of times I have had a Walmart employee call another store to get a lower price. Of the employee won't ask for manager. But brick and mortar Walmart stores will not price match any online store or website, including Walmart.com.

I am really looking hard at the military 12 gauge buckshot at Walmart for ~$1 a round.
  • Like 1

Walmart will price match other stores in the area on identical, in stock, items. Plenty of times I have had a Walmart employee call another store to get a lower price. Of the employee won't ask for manager. But brick and mortar Walmart stores will not price match any online store or website, including Walmart.com.

I am really looking hard at the military 12 gauge buckshot at Walmart for ~$1 a round.

The Walmart in Rockwood has a higher, everyday price on the cat food my mom buys for her cats than most, other Walmart locations - including the Lenoir City store.  She asked, once, if they would price match the Lenoir City store and the response she got was, "Price matching doesn't apply to other Walmart locations."  I guess it just depends on the manager, etc. as to whether they will do it or not?

Some will, but my local WM will not price match items with other WM stores & NEVER on ammo. I tried to get them to price match a Sony DVD player with another WM store last year & they wouldn't budge, even after talking to a manger. My local store will also no longer ship or receive items from one store to another like they used to. They changed their policy a few years ago.

WM at 100 Oaks Nashville has two shelves toda full of .308 at rollback price. Had a Debt Mgr tell me last week that Perfecta Brand never sold as it was priced

about same as Federal and others and this was to blow out the brand never to stock it again. Sounds about right as when the .40&.223 was gone it was gone.

I can't remember if it was on the boxoftruth or another site, but after a bunch of testing it all boiled down to that brown box military 12g 00 being mediocre at best... like any cheap 12g 00 from Wolf, Remington, Rio, etc. I have shot some and agree, though my shooting was informal and with no measured way to compare it to the other stuff I feed my guns. I'm much happier when I find 25rd boxes of 00 for under $10... like when PSA had it for $6.99. Heck, I buy the Spartan stuff at Academy for $12.99/25. Just over 50 cents/rd and runs like poop through a goose in my 930, like everything else. :-)

I got half a case of the 9mm for $6.94/box last weekend and regretted not buying more before I even got out of the store, because they've had none left last 2 times I went in to check.

• Like 1

12 ga Mil Grade Buckshot from WM  Try a box or two of the five round box before buying a large box. We had 10 rounds to test at range and we were lucky if

one pellet would hit the paper plate at 20 yards and  almost as bad on larger target. Winchester&Federal would put most or all 9 rds in plate. It was fired from

870 Riot with standard cyl.bore.  Have never seen anything spread like this. This was all standard buckshot tested,the low recoil LE Buckshot will stay much tighter.

I am pleased to announce that last Wednesday, the 6th, I happened to be driving through Nashville.

I cleaned out the Charlotte Pk WM of Perfecta 9mm, well maybe there was one or two boxes after I bought 20, literally minutes before the price changed.  They had already taken down the red $6.94 price tag and the clerks were telling me the price was going up...that day.  They scanned a box and it was still the nice price.  As an added bonus they had American Eagle .22 in stock so I was obliged to pick up the 3 box limit.  :D

Also swung by the Mt. Juliet WM to load up on the ZQI 7.62x51 before the price went up.  Made an impressive score there as well.  :D

• Like 3

Anyone getting good accuracy with the ZQI 7.62 x 51 ammo?

Semi or bolt action?

No, but Perfecta 9mm, .223, + 45 ACP  performed flawlessly in my firearms (G19, FN FNX45 Tactical, + Knights Armament SR-15) this past Sunday.

Edited by Cartel