How many folks can remember?????

How many folks here can remember when doctors were real doctors? Not what we have today but real devoted doctors that were devoted to their patient and not their patients list of Insurance companies?

I am proud to say I still have a real doctor and she has been my doctor for almost 20 years. When all these pill pusher companies on TV tell you to make sure you tell your doctor about liver issues or Heart issues or any other issues I don't have to tell my doctor anything because she has everything about me right in front of her in my file. She comes in to examine me as says what can I do for you today Doug? Back last winter when I was having that health issue and an Aneurism she made sure every doctor kept her in every loop they created. If the doctor wanted to run a test my doctor was contacted and it was discussed with her and she would call me to explain what the test involved and yes I need to have the test. During that same period I had a urologist constantly wanting to perform tests on me and he refused to call my doctor and he never got to run his test to this day. I didn't see what his interest in me was in the first place other than my insurance. My doctor was also confused in what his problem was. There is nothing better than having a good GP that looks out for you and not your insurance companies. I know Medicare never pays what a normal office visit is bu she has never sent me a bill. She just accepts what they pay and moves on. I hope she stays my doctor till they are patting me in the face with a shovel in my cemetery......................... :up:  :up:   

• Like 1

I am alive today because of “good” Doctors. A Doctor and a Surgeon saved my life in 2010. Like any other profession they had bad doctors back in day, and they have them today.

They used daVinci in my surgery, and recently they did a flu test in 15 minutes and gave my wife drugs that knocked it out in a day.

So… this is another case of the good ole days weren’t that great. biggrin.gif

• Like 1

I don't remember good doctors much because I guess I'm too young, but I'll buy drinks for any combat medic I come across.  I think those guys and gals are about as good as it gets when it comes to customer service.  I've never been let down by a doc, even though I've wanted to choke out a few Dr's.    

• Like 1
I've had good and bad. I have a wonderful doctor in cool springs. She sees me and my wife. We will still drive two hours just to see her. I think an easy way to tell good from bad is the time they spend with you and they're acceptance of your input. I believe in all avenues of life there are a percentage of bad people. Unfortunately I believe that percentage is growing, especially in careers that involve money or power.
  • Like 1

I think the environment in which a doctor works is one of the most important factors in how they treat their patients. I worked in and around hospitals for a number of years and my admittedly anecdotal experience tells me that doctors that are impersonal seem to all work in close proximity to each other. This tells me more about their environment than their personalities. I believe it boils down to the old adage, "Attitude reflects leadership."

Some more back-in-the-good-ole-days'itis.  I've had good doctors, and some not so good ones.  Just like any service provided, conduct due diligence and be ready to move on if you aren't getting what you need. 

I have the best doctor in the world. He has made house calls, he doesn't charge unless he helps me, helps the needy, actually listens, doesn't make appointments and spends as much time as needed. One more thing, his price is less than most co payments.

When I visit him we compare guns and he doesn't care if you carry a gun in his office as long as you take it off before he weighs you.
  • Moderators

I have the best doctor in the world. He has made house calls, he doesn't charge unless he helps me, helps the needy, actually listens, doesn't make appointments and spends as much time as needed. One more thing, his price is less than most co payments.

When I visit him we compare guns and he doesn't care if you carry a gun in his office as long as you take it off before he weighs you.

Hahaha.

"Hey, can you hold this whole I weight? Or just subtract 2.4 pounds because that's what it is loaded. "
Most doctors wouldn't know how or what to think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost almost 2 pounds between doctor visits recently with no change in my eating habits and no exercise...just switched from my usual .45 acp and a pair of jeans to a Kel-Tec P-32 and a pair of shorts.  :rofl:

Edited by BigK
  • Like 1

It would be nice to have doctors like that again. At 37 yrs old, only doctors I've seen [other than an ophthalmologist and my chiropractor] has been because I couldn't get the bleeding to stop.

Same here. Guy at work asked who my doctor was in Manchester because his Dad was a doctor there. I told him I didn't have a doctor, he couldn't believe it.

I'm 27 but I don't go to the doctor unless forced. The human body is actually pretty resilient. Just give it time and it will usually heal on its own. And your body will thank you for less processed food and more natural.