2 Good shows on this summer

On TNT:  The Last Ship and Falling Skies.  Season 2 premier of The Last Ship was tonight.  Next Sunday is the season 5 premier of Falling Skies.  Don't know how many others watch them but IMHO these are two good shows.  Hoping Falling Skies has some more action, last season was a bit "slow."

Falling Skies has gotten really bad over the last couple of seasons. I will watch it, because I have followed it from the beginning, but I am glad this is the last season. Between the three parent alien daughter and last season's word for work JFK speech, I am not sure how much more I can stomach. It does have it's saving graces, well, Pope, since he is the only character they haven't killed off that isn't a Mason yet.

I enjoyed The Last Ship last year.

Right now, my number one show of the summer is Defiance. I don't care much for SyFy's shows, but Defiance really stands apart in my opinion. Good writing and characters that are flawed while being well acted. For anyone that hasn't seen it, if you enjoyed the sci-fi/western aspect of Firefly/Serenity, I find this very similar, while being very different. It is currently in it's third season.

• Like 3

Watched The Last Ship tonight. Almost forgot how much I liked the show.

Not bad. I am surprised that it appears from my pitiful memory, TNT managed to get the entire orginal cast to stay on after the lunkheads at ABC cancelled the show.

Maybe TNT could pick up Forever. I was getting into it.

Falling Skies has gotten really bad over the last couple of seasons. I will watch it, because I have followed it from the beginning, but I am glad this is the last season. Between the three parent alien daughter and last season's word for work JFK speech, I am not sure how much more I can stomach. It does have it's saving graces, well, Pope, since he is the only character they haven't killed off that isn't a Mason yet.

Yea, it's kind of hard to quit watching after 4 seasons.

This gives me some hope it might turn around:  http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillbarr/2015/06/19/falling-skies-final-season/

:popcorn:

I watched the season 2 premier of True Detective last night. I really enjoyed the first and have been anticipating the 2nd. If you have HBO, it is worth the look...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Not bad. I am surprised that it appears from my pitiful memory, TNT managed to get the entire orginal cast to stay on after the lunkheads at ABC cancelled the show.

Maybe TNT could pick up Forever. I was getting into it.

"Last Resort" was on ABC and was cancelled after one season; I think "Last Ship" has always been on TNT.

I started Falling Skies after they got picked up for a 2nd season. I marathon'd thru season 1 and finished up 2 just in time for the season finale. I didn't make it to the last 2 episodes. I don't see how a show could go from being that freakin' good to that miserable so fast.

I've heard great things about The Last Ship. I may try to get caught up by the end of this season.

Last Resort needed to be cancelled. It was interesting for maybe 3 episodes, then just got stupid.

+1 to The Last Ship. good summer show.

Also glad to see Falling Skies is wrapping up. I've enjoyed the show, but I'm ready for it to conclude.

I'll let both queue up in the DVR then binge watch them.

Edited by monkeylizard
Monkey and I discovered a good show on Netflix last night called Sense8. I hesitate to talk about it, when I really like a show it seems to get canceled. Just found out they axed Hannibal and learned about Forever while reading.

Sense8 is a weird sci-fi/action show. Although I will warn you, lots of skin and we were shocked because you see everything. The story is interesting though. We watched six episodes last night. Couldn't stop.

Monkey and I discovered a good show on Netflix last night called Sense8. I hesitate to talk about it, when I really like a show it seems to get canceled. Just found out they axed Hannibal and learned about Forever while reading.

Sense8 is a weird sci-fi/action show. Although I will warn you, lots of skin and we were shocked because you see everything. The story is interesting though. We watched six episodes last night. Couldn't stop.

The difference with streaming providers such as netflix, is that they know what type of content the audience wants going in via search input, and they can give it to each minute segment of their viewership without having to worry about it being cancelled b/c they couldn't sell the ad time within the content. So long as "x" viewers said "I'm keeping netflix this month because of sense8" it was considered a win.

Anyone see the last episode of the Last Ship? I've got a few questions about it.

Yes.  I actually surprised how fast they are moving the story along.  With the first episode, I figured (based on other shows) it would be three seasons before they would have a vaccine.  At least now the actors don't have to wear those bio suits while filming in humid environments.

Yes. I actually surprised how fast they are moving the story along. With the first episode, I figured (based on other shows) it would be three seasons before they would have a vaccine. At least now the actors don't have to wear those bio suits while filming in humid environments.

What happened to the Russian ship and how did their scientist get onto land? Because I don't remember seeing anything on them since last season after they got away from them after getting the woman and kid off the ship. Edited by shotgunshooter

Russian ship is presumably sunk.  They placed and detonated charges around the ship.  The carrier scientist was shown walking through the passages wearing a Russian sailor's uniform.  They then cut to a scene of the Americans in their boat with the Russian ship blowing up in the background.

They didn't actually show the Russian ship sink, but it seems like it would have been damaged beyond repair, and the fact that the crew was exposed to the scientist would suggest that some survivors would be infected.  However, I believe they left open the fate of the commander in case they want to bring him back; they could always say he escaped on a different life boat than the scientist.  

The next time we see any clue of what happened is the scientist shows up at a Florida beach refugee camp wearing the Russian uniform.  They said he arrived on the inflatable raft (RIB?) from the Russian ship.

Russian ship is presumably sunk. They placed and detonated charges around the ship. The carrier scientist was shown walking through the passages wearing a Russian sailor's uniform. They then cut to a scene of the Americans in their boat with the Russian ship blowing up in the background.

They didn't actually show the Russian ship sink, but it seems like it would have been damaged beyond repair, and the fact that the crew was exposed to the scientist would suggest that some survivors would be infected. However, I believe they left open the fate of the commander in case they want to bring him back; they could always say he escaped on a different life boat than the scientist.

The next time we see any clue of what happened is the scientist shows up at a Florida beach refugee camp wearing the Russian uniform. They said he arrived on the inflatable raft (RIB?) from the Russian ship.

I remember it was taking on water and was heavily damaged but I didn't remember it going down. I'm back up to speed now.

I can sum up Falling Skies for those of you who haven't watched it.

Tom Mason:  I'm going to go on a suicide mission

Captain Weaver:  God D****it Tom Mason, that's a suicide mission

Tom Mason:  I know but if we don't, this thing will happen

Captain Weaver:  You come back in one piece Tom Mason, you hear me?

Tom Mason:  I'm taking Pope with me...

Pope:  Tom Mason, who do you think you are? Strutting around like you own the place?

Tom Mason: We'll settle this score later, right now I need you

*some explosions later*

Pope:  Tom Mason, maybe I was wrong about you

Captain Weaver:  Tom Mason you son of b****h, I knew you'd make it out alive

Tom Mason:  If it wasn't for Pope, I may not have

*queue new alien with all consonants in name*

Tom Mason:  Mother of God.....

*next episode*

Tom Mason:  I'm going to go on a suicide mission

Captain Weaver:  God D****it Tom Mason, tha....................

• Like 3

I can guaranty this season of Falling Skies will be better than next season.......there won't be a next season. This is supposed to be the last and should wrap up everything but it looks good so far.