Walking Dead Season 6

Oh Shoot

I think that there are a couple of good, honest and non 'trickery' ways that Glenn could be rescued.

1.  I do not believe that Enid was working with the wolves.  Also, the actress who plays her has said in an interview that Enid will return and she thinks fans will like the way she does it.  Glenn and Nicholas couldn't use the fire escape to get away because it was partially blocked but if Enid were to open the door from the inside, step out onto the landing and create a diversion to draw the walkers to the other end of the alley then that could give Glenn time to get away in a very believable manner.

Possible Spoilers:

2.  Jesus saves.  No, not that Jesus -  the character from the comics who folks call Jesus (much to his chagrin) because he looks like the classic representations of Jesus.  That dude makes the television show's version of Morgan look overly dependent on weaponry.  He will wade into a group of walkers with no weapons and with his hands literally tied behind his back and prevail - and rumor has it that an actor has already been cast to play that character.  He might have some other people with him, too - people from Hilltop who are a little more 'clued in' on fighting zombies than the people of Alexandria.  Hey, if the story line is going to be anything like the comics from this point on then the main group and the folks of Alexandria have to be introduced to the other two settlements of 'good guys' somehow.

3.  Along the lines of meeting the people of the other communities - and I have to admit I would love to see this - if a dude with a group of knights in armor who are experts at swordfighting and a pet Bengal tiger can't save Glenn's butt in a 'believable' manner then I don't know what could.  Too much for the show?  Well, Robert Kirkman has gone on record to say that Ezekiel and Shiva (the afore-mentioned tiger) probably will appear on the show at some point.

Edited by JAB

How about this theory for Glen's survival:  It was Nicholas on top of Glen being ripped apart; Glen pulls himself under the dumpster, which appears to be the case based on the video I saw, and then he hoists himself up into the dumpster through a rusted out hole, much like Rick at the tank.  The radio communication between Glen and Rick in this episode echoes the conversation they had while Rick was in the tank; maybe it was a clue as to how Glen survives.

It could explain how he managed to survive after the Walkers finished eating Nicholas.

How about this theory for Glen's survival:  It was Nicholas on top of Glen being ripped apart; Glen pulls himself under the dumpster, which appears to be the case based on the video I saw, and then he hoists himself up into the dumpster through a rusted out hole, much like Rick at the tank.  The radio communication between Glen and Rick in this episode echoes the conversation they had while Rick was in the tank; maybe it was a clue as to how Glen survives.

It could explain how he managed to survive after the Walkers finished eating Nicholas.

All these scenarios posted so far still don't absolve the "dramatic cheap shot" smell test for me though.

- OS

All these scenarios posted so far still don't absolve the "dramatic cheap shot" smell test for me though.

- OS

Totally agree. They had enough time in the episode to show him surviving; I think they are going to get a lot of flack. It's not like they were in a ratings slump or needed a "who shot J.R.?" moment. They will be known as the little boy who cried wolf, and people will stop believing cliffhanger deaths.

I'll still keep watching, though.
  • Like 2

Totally agree. They had enough time in the episode to show him surviving; I think they are going to get a lot of flack. It's not like they were in a ratings slump or needed a "who shot J.R.?" moment. They will be known as the little boy who cried wolf, and people will stop believing cliffhanger deaths.

They've really shown nothing but class with the dramatics so far, so would seem to be very much a wild departure to pull a typical old 50's style serial cliffhanger like this on us -- so I still figure Glenn is really a goner. Could be wrong of course, and that that were seduced by the amount of buzz they knew such a thing would generate, but poo on them if so.

I'll still keep watching, though.

Admittedly, I'm pretty sure I will too.

One thing to likely consider in real world production of these things though -- though wildly popular and commanding top ad bucks, there still is a budgetary component to the endeavor as a whole. And as characters last through multiple seasons and become more popular, they demand more bucks too. It doesn't seem that Yeun's career was exactly catching fire aside from TWD, but nonetheless,  there's probably only so much salary that can be allocated to the mainstays who are almost certainly making beau coup more than what they were contracted for way back in the first and second seasons. So it could be an actual budgetary necessity to whack a biggie now and then and write around that.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I have a feeling they are going to do the same thing in the mid-season finale--have a bunch of people die (probably Alexandrians) and have one major character get injured in such a way that survival seems slim, but not actually show their death.

I don't know how far ahead they have to edit, but maybe they will use this episode to gauge the reaction they might get in case they need to change some things.

So the rule of thumb on TWD:  if you are bit, you die (unless you can pull a Hershel); if you die of other means, they have to show or reference the brain being destroyed or else you re-animate.  So from now on, we can't really believe anyone's death unless it graphically shows a Walker bite or brain damage.  We will all be wondering if they are pulling a fast one rather than focusing on the actual dramatic tension within the show.  I can't think of any other scene where it was unclear if a person really died.  The only other misdirected "deaths" I remember were the cannibal that Tyrese failed to kill and Judith's empty carrier.

• Like 1

I don't think Glenn is dead.  I do think Glenn will be dead by the end of the seventh season.  If he ends up dying the way I think he will, I actually think it is a pretty cool move, writing wise, to have the audience think he is 'untouchable' because he lives through this only to really kill him off in the early part of next season.  I think that would do even more to turn expectations on their heads than simply killing off such a 'main' character as Glenn right now.  Personally, I would see that more as an interesting 'twist of the knife' than a cheap shot.

Edited by JAB

As long as we're analyzing the apocalypse, how long has it been? 2-3 years?  I'm curious because gasoline doesn't have much of a shelf life and there's no power for the gas pumps so I'd like to know how they're running around in cars, RV's and a motorcycle? 

• Like 1

As long as we're analyzing the apocalypse, how long has it been? 2-3 years?  I'm curious because gasoline doesn't have much of a shelf life and there's no power for the gas pumps so I'd like to know how they're running around in cars, RV's and a motorcycle? 

It's an alternate Earth where no one knew about zombies from fiction or folklore, so maybe they have better fuel stabilizers there.  Maybe they also have the Kansas City Monarchs instead of the Royals in their MLB.  Bad fuel will only come into play when the writers need someone to be stranded.

As for the timeline, Lori was pregnant soon after Rick showed up, and Judith is still a baby, so I imagine it is supposed to be only 2 years or so.  Carl's natural aging just has to be ignored in that scenario.  I think on the show, Alexandria is a relatively short time after the prison, with an unknown amount of travel time from Georgia to Virginia.

Our actual knowledge of the real time, Carl's age, and the seasons in which they film all clash and can really confuse the fictional timeline.

• Like 1

As for the timeline, Lori was pregnant soon after Rick showed up, and Judith is still a baby, so I imagine it is supposed to be only 2 years or so.  Carl's natural aging just has to be ignored in that scenario.  I think on the show, Alexandria is a relatively short time after the prison, with an unknown amount of travel time from Georgia to Virginia.

Yep...they have obviously brought in another baby since the original Judith is probably 5 years old now and running around talking Mommy and Daddy's ears off, but you can't do that with Carl who has aged visually the full 5 years in real time, yet not Walking Dead time. But, that hat still fits  :rolleyes: ? Yeah it was his dad's hat, but it never really hung over his ears that much. LOL.  The aging is not so noticeable in the adult actors. But with that in mind, how long until Carl has to be killed off since he's outgrowing the timeline and the part he plays?  

Edited by Randall53

When Eugene finally admitted to not knowing what the cure is, Abraham said something like "I wasted 2 years of my life."  So I'm assuming it's been at least 2 years.

And I don't know of any canned goods that last 2 years so they better look for a military base and load up on MRE's.

• Like 1

When Eugene finally admitted to not knowing what the cure is, Abraham said something like "I wasted 2 years of my life."  So I'm assuming it's been at least 2 years.

And I don't know of any canned goods that last 2 years so they better look for a military base and load up on MRE's.

Have you ever had the pleasure of eating C rations?

......And I don't know of any canned goods that last 2 years so they better look for a military base and load up on MRE's.

You gotta be kidding. Canned stuff, whether commercial or home, can last indefinitely. A can of tuna, green beans, whatever, is gonna taste pretty much the same after 5, 10 years, longer, whatever. Long as it doesn't develop a pin hole or something to spoil, it's gonna be okay.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 3

Have you ever had the pleasure of eating C rations?

I've had MRE's and they weren't too bad.  :tough: 

You gotta be kidding. Canned stuff, whether commercial or home, can last indefinitely. A can of tuna, green beans, whatever, is gonna taste pretty much the same after 5, 10 years, longer, whatever. Long as it doesn't develop a pin hole or something to spoil, it's gonna be okay.

- OS

My tuna says expiration 05/2018 so that's about 2 1/2 years.  The Campbells chunky soup says 09/2017 so just under 2 years.  Maybe it is good for 5+ years but I'm not gonna find out.  I might :puke: then :death:    However, I'll be more than happy to open a bottle of Scotch after 10 years.  :up: 

I've had MRE's and they weren't too bad.  :tough:

My tuna says expiration 05/2018 so that's about 2 1/2 years.  The Campbells chunky soup says 09/2017 so just under 2 years.  Maybe it is good for 5+ years but I'm not gonna find out.  I might :puke: then :death:    However, I'll be more than happy to open a bottle of Scotch after 10 years.  :up:

Those are completely arbitrary, based on some worst case projection for durability of the container, and "best freshness", based on some insurance standard or whatever I'm sure.  As long as air doesn't get into the can, it's safe. I had some big cans of chili that got stashed and forgotten once, well over 5 years old. Was fine. Tasted same as ones bought yesterday.

Home canned is same. Long as seal is intact, not sure there really is a practical limit, at least as far as the safety of eating it.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2
The dates on cans are "best by dates" rather than expiration dates. I believe some Mormon researches tested canned corn from a wrecked boat that had been underwater since the late 1800's. They said the taste was not as fresh, but it was still nutritious.
  • Like 1

It's an alternate Earth where no one knew about zombies from fiction or folklore, so maybe they have better fuel stabilizers there.  Maybe they also have the Kansas City Monarchs instead of the Royals in their MLB.  Bad fuel will only come into play when the writers need someone to be stranded.

If I were in a universe that has the KC Monarchs instead of the Royals, I'd drink Nozz-A-la, drive the wildly popular pre-superflu import, the Takuro Spirit, and work for North Central Positronics.

Really?  Canned good last about forever.  I think they have half life, not shelf life.   Canned goods are good for eons.

If I were in a universe that has the KC Monarchs instead of the Royals, I'd drink Nozz-A-la, drive the wildly popular pre-superflu import, the [font='Trebuchet MS', Arial, sans-serif]Takuro Spirit, and work for North Central Positronics.[/size][/font]

I was waiting for someone to notice. Also, wasn't the newspaper that mentioned the Monarchs in the The Stand's universe? I thought it was relevant since Roland's group got there after most everyone was dead.

I was waiting for someone to notice. Also, wasn't the newspaper that mentioned the Monarchs in the The Stand's universe? I thought it was relevant since Roland's group got there after most everyone was dead.

If Rick was half the man Roland was, all the zombies would be dead by now and NOBODY would cross his group.