Walking Dead Season 6

Oh Shoot

At least we know that call for help at the end of the episode wasn't Glenn.
https://games.yahoo.com/news/norman-reedus-pissed-happened-walking-140003785.html

I don't believe him. That was the PERFECT place to include a cry for help from Glenn. We all assumed we would get some closure about Glenn on this episode yet we didn't and thought we got the shaft for one more week. Then just as the credits are about to roll they throw that in. Genius on their part by giving us SOMETHING to chew on.

I mean it could be the guy that stole his bike but I feel like after what happened Daryl wouldn't make the same mistake a third time and go to help him. Also that guy just didn't have the look or chops to be a recurring character IMO. This could set up Daryl being captured by you know who though so I guess it could go either way.

Yes, it was just awful. Felt like I was watching a very bad clone of the show. And was it just me, or was the sound level of the dialog so low that you had to strain...or lip read to understand it?

I've been noticing that for the last several episodes.

Edited by hipower

Yes, it was just awful. Felt like I was watching a very bad clone of the show. And was it just me, or was the sound level of the dialog so low that you had to strain...or lip read to understand it?

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that problem but I thought it had always been like that. I have always had to crank up the volume and still have trouble at times.

Yeah I still have no idea what they were trying to convey with Sasha and Abraham. I get that they must feel a the end of their rope and it seems to be an uneasy partnership. But if you listen to the last few sentences it almost sounded like Abraham wanted to hook up with her. I cant quote it but he made some comment about wanting to get to know her a lot better but she comments back about how he needs to handle something else. Rosa? (is that her name?) Did I just hear Big Red 1 tell Sasha he's looking to smash? What gives?

I'm so confused. I think I need an adult....

• Like 1

Yeah I still have no idea what they were trying to convey with Sasha and Abraham. I get that they must feel a the end of their rope and it seems to be an uneasy partnership. But if you listen to the last few sentences it almost sounded like Abraham wanted to hook up with her. I cant quote it but he made some comment about wanting to get to know her a lot better but she comments back about how he needs to handle something else. Rosa? (is that her name?) Did I just hear Big Red 1 tell Sasha he's looking to smash? What gives?

I'm so confused. I think I need an adult....

Yes, he's hitting on her. She didn't exactly say no, just that he needs to evolve a bit more or some such, and he agreed.

- OS

• Like 1

Who in their right mind would choose Sasha over Rosita?

Lets see, A girl you already know and trust.  Tough as nails & much better in a close range scrap AND has not exhibited the first sign of a mental issue.  

Abraham is an idiot.  

Spoiler alert:

In the comics, Abraham does cheat on/break up with Rosita - who is just as hot in the comics as in the show - although it is in favor of a blonde chick from Alexandria.  Rosita ends up with - believe it or not - Eugene.

I don't believe him. That was the PERFECT place to include a cry for help from Glenn. We all assumed we would get some closure about Glenn on this episode yet we didn't and thought we got the shaft for one more week. Then just as the credits are about to roll they throw that in. Genius on their part by giving us SOMETHING to chew on.

I mean it could be the guy that stole his bike but I feel like after what happened Daryl wouldn't make the same mistake a third time and go to help him. Also that guy just didn't have the look or chops to be a recurring character IMO. This could set up Daryl being captured by you know who though so I guess it could go either way.

Maybe they had an extra fill in for Glenn and call for help.  That way they could honestly say it wasn't Glenn on the walkie.

As for the dude who stole Daryl's bike (possible spoiler, but not a huge one)

I think that guy was Dwight.  In the comics, one of the Saviors (Negan's group) is a guy named Dwight.  He is actually ends up becoming one of Negan's right hand henchmen but also completely hates Negan and comspires against him with Rick's group, acting as their 'man on the inside' as much as he can.  I think it was the Saviors who were the 'mystery antagonists' who shot at Daryl et. al. and who were after the three folks in the woods.  I think those are the folks who Dwight and the girl are going back to on the bike they stole from Daryl.  Of course, that isn't how the Saviors are introduced in the comics because there is no Daryl Dixon in the comics.  In other words, not only do I think that guy will be back as a recurring character but believe he will be a somewhat pivotal one in the upcoming story line.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1

Maybe they had an extra fill in for Glenn and call for help.  That way they could honestly say it wasn't Glenn on the walkie.

As for the dude who stole Daryl's bike (possible spoiler, but not a huge one)

I think that guy was Dwight.  In the comics, one of the Saviors (Negan's group) is a guy named Dwight.  He is actually ends up becoming one of Negan's right hand henchmen but also completely hates Negan and comspires against him with Rick's group, acting as their 'man on the inside' as much as he can.  I think it was the Saviors who were the 'mystery antagonists' who shot at Daryl et. al. and who were after the three folks in the woods.  I think those are the folks who Dwight and the girl are going back to on the bike they stole from Daryl.  Of course, that isn't how the Saviors are introduced in the comics because there is no Daryl Dixon in the comics.  In other words, not only do I think that guy will be back as a recurring character but believe he will be a somewhat pivotal one in the upcoming story line.

I've read the comics all the way through. I think you are probably right.

Who in their right mind would choose Sasha over Rosita?
Lets see, A girl you already know and trust. Tough as nails & much better in a close range scrap AND has not exhibited the first sign of a mental issue.

Abraham is an idiot.

If you're only choice is Sasha or Zombie in the glass room ...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that problem but I thought it had always been like that. I have always had to crank up the volume and still have trouble at times.

I watch with subtitles. My wife got me started on it. I used to make fun of her, now I do it myself and embrace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thankful for who am I then, because to me, that's not an ultimatum choice. Besides, Abraham is a board certified badass. One walker behind a glass door? pffffttt. Shoulda told Sasha to shove it and secured that room properly. He coulda done it without making a bunch of noise.

I worry for Abraham. When you let rational decisions take a back seat and start taking orders from Sgt. Schlong you're asking for trouble.
  • Like 1

I watch with subtitles. My wife got me started on it. I used to make fun of her, now I do it myself and embrace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a darn good idea. The vocal track is so overcome by all the background/mood/emphasis music I can't hear what's being said.

That's a darn good idea. The vocal track is so overcome by all the background/mood/emphasis music I can't hear what's being said.

I just hope the captions are reliable.  I have been in bars, etc. where the sound on the television was on but captions were also turned on.  In some instances, comparing what was really being said to the captions sometimes made the captions look like an installment of 'Bad Lip Reading' back before there were installments of 'Bad Lip Reading.'

I've read the comics all the way through. I think you are probably right.

Oh, and I think it is significant that they took Daryl's crossbow as well as being another 'clue' that the guy is Dwight.  Remember in the comics, while there was no Daryl Dixon, there was a character that used a crossbow as his main weapon and did so pretty effectively.  Dwight.  I think that crossbow (and getting himself into a situation where they could take it) will come back to haunt Daryl and the rest of the group later.

• Like 1

I keep wondering if the actor that plays Glenn is just on hiatus to do a movie or something, and they had to write that into the plot. 

I know the guy who plays Darryl did a movie named "Air" a year or so. I just stumbled on it the other day. He plays a technician in a world where the air is contaminated, and the last few people on earth are in these life chambers where they are in a coma state, presumably until the air clears at which point they will all be released to repopulate the world. Every year or so Darryl and a partner get woken up from their chamber and they have one day to do maintenance on all the equipment. It was a pretty bad movie, and I would not recommend it, unless you just have to see Darryl in something else.

I keep wondering if the actor that plays Glenn is just on hiatus to do a movie or something, and they had to write that into the plot. 

I know the guy who plays Darryl did a movie named "Air" a year or so. I just stumbled on it the other day. He plays a technician in a world where the air is contaminated, and the last few people on earth are in these life chambers where they are in a coma state, presumably until the air clears at which point they will all be released to repopulate the world. Every year or so Darryl and a partner get woken up from their chamber and they have one day to do maintenance on all the equipment. It was a pretty bad movie, and I would not recommend it, unless you just have to see Darryl in something else.

Might be true. His name still showed up in the credits last week if I remember correctly.

Update: I just went back and looked and Steven Yuen did not show in the credits, but he did show up on the preview on EPBFI here in Chattanooga 

Edited by Randall53