Hornady Says “We Change Everything – 10/27/15”

A texture on the outside of the bullet, like dimples on a golf ball.  If not, then maybe they'll do that next time they change everything :-)

Rusty

Possibly, on a mass production scale but the idea is not new.    The link below is from 2009 where the military was testing the theory.   

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2009/04/us-army-team-tests-radical-new-dimpled-bullet/

Bullets that make no sound when Fired thus eliminating suppressors ????

Dolomite mentioned something awhile back about the Russians developing something along those lines. Don't get too excited about it though, the ATF would restrict it to the point of not being viable.
This may or may not be the big announcement but if it is I too will be underwhelmed over the super top secret Hornady announcement. Like these sort of things go, I'm only going to say I heard this from a reliable source.

It seems there were some guys hunting with night vision and they could see the polymer tip on their bullets catching fire in flight from the friction. This was evidently happening when shooting at longer ranges. Hornady must have confirmed this and developed a new tip material. The new tip material is comparable to that found on the space shuttle that prevents it from burning up when reentering the atmosphere, so it must be some kind of ceramic. I have no experience hunting with night vision but I find it hard to belive they were hunting with even the best night vision at a distance of over 200 yards. We will no for certain in 2 days and I'm not on the edge of my seat with anticipation.

It seems there were some guys hunting with night vision and they could see the polymer tip on their bullets catching fire in flight from the friction. This was evidently happening when shooting at longer ranges. Hornady must have confirmed this and developed a new tip material. The new tip material is comparable to that found on the space shuttle that prevents it from burning up when reentering the atmosphere, so it must be some kind of ceramic. I have no experience hunting with night vision but I find it hard to belive they were hunting with even the best night vision at a distance of over 200 yards. We will no for certain in 2 days and I'm not on the edge of my seat with anticipation.

Would there even be a big enough market to warrant a change like that? Maybe night vision hunting is much bigger than I know about if so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may or may not be the big announcement but if it is I too will be underwhelmed over the super top secret Hornady announcement. Like these sort of things go, I'm only going to say I heard this from a reliable source.

Nosler already has Ballistic Tips that glow in the dark. I can see Hornady continuing that.