Any way to verify military record?

She claims to have been a combat medic. I haven't been able to find any evidence of that, but I have been able to find evidence that her ex-husband was stationed at Ft. Campbell. 

If you had the thought cross your mind that she is being dishonest and lieing then she probably is lieing. I am next to Ft. Campbell and we get all sorts of people scamming and lieing about stuff like this . 

I was able to get in touch with some people who are very close to her. She was NEVER in the military, not even for a single day. She is a con artist. I feel so damn stupid.

Don't feel stupid about it. If you don't have a lot of experience around military people then it's difficult to detect BS when being told a story, especially since society has been conditioned to unquestioningly accept words of a veteran as gospel.

Even without military experience, it seems you were able to detect that something wasn't quite right. At this point, now that you know, I would remove this person from your life in every way. Don't even think about this person anymore. Pathological liars such as this are a life sucking force, and do not deserve sympathy; sympathy is a tool they use to exploit good people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I was able to get in touch with some people who are very close to her. She was NEVER in the military, not even for a single day. She is a con artist. I feel so damn stupid.

Don't feel stupid.  I've seen you do a number of generous things for people over the years.  Perhaps nothing is more noble than serving others, yet if you do it long enough you are going to get taken advantage of.  Chock it up as part of helping others and remember that your generosity may have resulted in a decent meal or a fun toy for a child that most likely leads a pretty bleak life.

• Like 4

I wouldn’t feel stupid if you are helping someone that needs it. It sounds as though she might have mental problems.

Don't feel stupid. I've seen you do a number of generous things for people over the years. Perhaps nothing is more noble than serving others, yet if you do it long enough you are going to get taken advantage of. Chock it up as part of helping others and remember that your generosity may have resulted in a decent meal or a fun toy for a child that most likely leads a pretty bleak life.

I'll second this sentiment right here. Last year I got screwed pretty good after putting myself out there for someone who needed a little help. After getting burnt I swore I'd never take a risk to help someone unless they were family or close friends. Not two weeks after that I was in a situation which I needed some quick help. A complete stranger came to my aid at a significant inconvenience to themselves. If not for that person I would have been in for a pretty bad day. I never had the opportunity to properly thank him for it either.

After that, I realized that I shouldn't change who I am simply because there are crappy people out there. While those people might take advantage of those like you and I from time to time, it's comforting to know that they must live with themselves. Folks like that have miserable lives due to the choices they make. If helping people out is part of what makes you happy, don't let aholes take that away from you. Continue to help those who you think deserve it, and move on from people who show that they don't.

• Like 4
Spread the word to anyone who might come in contact with her. She is taking money and resources away from our veterans. It sounds like she is early on in the lying process and calling her out now might actually might make her change her ways. As it goes on they get drunk on all the attention and money which only emboldens them to continue.

Her doing this will cause several things. First it cheapens the sacrifices our veterans have made, people are going to give to her money instead of a real veteran and it will encourage others to do the same thing.
I dunno man. I say cut sling load on this one. Crazy people like this can really focus their efforts on those they feel have slighted them. I'd just back away slowly. No need to bring unneeded drama into your life. Clearly she has a history of getting into trouble on her own. The problem will likely solve itself.

• Like 1

There are people out there everyday running the Vet Con games on the vulnerable public. Several years back when I would go to my old shop to visit my son there was they man( I say man) that was always standing on this same street corner holding a sign saying "Can you help-Vietnam Vet." After my third time seeing him I pulled up to him and told him that he might want to try changing his sign to read Operation Desert Storm and he ask why and I said because you about 25 years to young to be Vietnam Vet. He evidently changed street corners after that because I never saw him again. I don't give to any of them. There are to many legit organizations to donate to for Veterans................jmho

Feeling stupid for doing the right thing? That someone used your guilt to motivate you to fulfill their wants and needs? As a Christian, I struggle with this; I am commanded to offer a hand up, not a hand out...Paul said if you choose not work, you should go hungry.

We should help widows, orphans and the disabled...the problem is the perversion of what disabled means.

Can any of you shed some light on this ID? She is attempting to use this as "proof" that she was in the military. I can see the birth date is correct, but the date on the card was from around the time she was married to her ex-husband who was in the Army at the time. 

Under "Civilian", it says "No". Would that be correct if someone is just a spouse of a soldier?

12171885_1244832888875507_157033040_o_zp

So, it saying "no" under "civilian" just means that she is was a dependent at that time?

Yes. My wife had the same ID card. The army stopped issuing these types of IDs to active duty a while back. Now they issue common access cards, which look much different. She's just full of it. This is a dependapotomus card.