MidwayUSA has lost my business

If you buy $150 worth of CCI primers and use promo code NOHAZMAT15 they waive the hazmat fee.

I'm splitting 10K small pistol primers with a friend for $300.72 shipped. Not bad, IMO.

What a bunch of crap! They not only sold me something they didn't have AGAIN (happened once before with them), but they also told me it was shipped and took my money when they knew they already ran out.

I placed an order Monday, was charged and told it shipped on Wednesday, and was JUST told today that they oversold the promo and would begin processing my refund.

I expect mistakes to be made from time to time, but you make it right when it does happen. They won't even honor the promo price or backorder the items for me.

I've said lots of nice things about this company in the past. I take them all back. They'll never see another dime of my money and I'll tell anyone who'll listen what they did.

Edited by BigK
  • Like 1

In response to the topic update:

BigK, If I'm not mistaken, wasn't it Midway who we ordered that Remington M22 ammo from and then suddenly it was on backorder and they didn't fulfill it for several months? Granted 22 was in shortage but they still oversold.

• Like 1

BigK, If I'm not mistaken, wasn't it Midway who we ordered that Remington M22 ammo from and then suddenly it was on backorder and they didn't fulfill it for several months? Granted 22 was in shortage but they still oversold.

I ordered 5000 rounds of Mini Mags, back ordered. One year later order was cancelled even though I wanted to keep the back order open. I understand the shortage but they could have kept the back order open at my request.

• Like 1

I've not had any personal probs with them, but I found the "now you see it, now you don't" nature of their .22 stuff pretty off putting, back when I was looking.  Would appear off and on any number of times just within one day. Also the "back door" shopping cart hack they didn't fix for a good while.

All of this seems to be due to sub par inventory and ordering IT stuff, and sounds like it's still a problem.

Larry touts their sooper dooper shipping system upgrade, but sounds like a few bucks ought to have been put into better real time inventory control.

- OS

• Like 4

Their order history only goes back 5 years, but I've been a customer MUCH longer than that. Nonetheless, I've placed 23 orders in the last 5 years totaling $1931.88 according to my order history on their site. If I were them, I'd consider me a loyal and valuable customer to lose. I didn't ask for anything free, I merely asked them to honor that price when the stock became available and they still refused.

Yep, that was them. I'd forgotten about that.

It’s a shame when companies get so big they can no longer properly handle customer service problems. I asked to speak to a customer service persons supervisor at Comcast the other night and was told “I’m the only one you will be talking to tonight.”

It’s a shame when companies get so big they can no longer properly handle customer service problems. I asked to speak to a customer service persons supervisor at Comcast the other night and was told “I’m the only one you will be talking to tonight.”

How did the story end? Just curious since I need to call them to complain about a few things.

How did the story end? Just curious since I need to call them to complain about a few things.

Mine ended with me no longer having Comcast . The customer service rep told me I had to stick with them, nothing else as available in my area. I told him I didn't have to do a damn thing. Left their box and shit on the front porch and when they contacted me for the last payment my lawyer sent them a letter. They dropped the issue. My orginal complaint was spotty Internet that kept going in and out, and a bill that seemed to be ever increasing. Comcast can kiss my ass, I've got a smart phone with a big data plan and there is nothing on cable worth watching, especially when I gotta pay for 900 sports news and Latin channels I never use to get the few I want. I hate companies that believe they are big enough that customer service doesn't matter. I dropped Verizon over the same crap of "We are the best and you won't dare go elsewhere " after I had been a customer for 10 years. Sounds like I won't be using midwayusa either. Thanks for the heads up

Sent from behind the anvil
  • Like 1

I myself prefer internet purchases over brick & mortar 99% of the time due to cost and convenience, however there are some notable cons to internet purchases.  One, I try to shop where they guarantee delivery in 2 days or my money back.  This works most of the time, but when my greedy tendencies creep in, I loose, and have to play the waiting game. 

But hey that's just me!

• Like 1

The have an area where you can submit problems to customer service. It’s called “Ask Tom K” (Tom Karinshak, Senior Vice President of Customer Experience). I used that and got a response. But they didn’t address the issue with the customer service azzhat.
http://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/TomKCustCare.html

I switched over to the X1 system and it has been an absolute time consuming nightmare. I have spent hours on the phone to correct mistakes in changes their techs have made. And every time you call you have to talk to someone in India that is clueless before you get to talk to someone here that can actually do anything.

But because of government involvement they have no competition and they know it.
  • Like 1
Sorry for the trouble, Kevin. I purchased from Midway a few times years ago, but that was it. High shipping and generally high prices just took them out of the running for me.

As to Comcast, the best way to deal with them is dump them. We've gone to TDS, saved almost $50/month, got faster internet, and better DVR. Charlie Sheen calls that winning.
  • Like 1

As to Comcast, the best way to deal with them is dump them. We've gone to TDS, saved almost $50/month, got faster internet, and better DVR. Charlie Sheen calls that winning.

My wife pays our cable bill and when I mention saving money with TDS, she isn't interested. She's comfortable with their channel lineup and features and doesn't want to switch. Plus, she loves OnDemand and uses it almost daily. I can't persuade her and she pays the bill, so I let my principles be overridden in the interest of marital bliss.

Surprisingly, Comcast actually earned back some of my respect after a recent customer service complaint about slow internet speeds this week. The found my problem, admitted it as their fault, and told me how they'd fix it. Turns out my problem was a bad modem/router that I lease from them. In addition to the newest modem/router (they call it an Internet Gateway) here's what they did:

1. bumped my internet tier up from 25 mbps to 150 mbps
  2. upgraded my cable package to include more channels
  3. added a home phone (that I'll never really use)
  4. upgraded my DVR to the new awesome one that records more programs simultaneously and has more storage space
  5. lowered my cable bill $30

I used the agent chat feature, so I saved the transcript of our conversation, because I verified at least twice that I'd be able to transfer my current DVR recordings to online storage to make them available on the new DVR and that this new offer/package wasn't just an introductory price. I haven't gotten the new hardware in the mail yet, but if it all works out like they said, I'll be a happy guy.

See, that's all MidwayUSA had to do...make it right. If they'd just offered to send me the primers I ordered at a later date when they got them back in stock and honored the price, I'd be telling you guys they screwed up but made it right. Instead they acted like azzhats and made me feel like they were too busy to take my complaint seriously.

Edited by BigK

I had never had an issue with Midways prices or delivery, but their shipping charges were/are over the top, they are a last resort

if I have to go internet to buy. To be fair, they are not alone in making a living off shipping charges.  MidSouth usually has them all beat.

JMHO

I"e had no problem finding primers in brick and mortar stores. Academy had an end shelf full yesterday when I was there. They also had 9mm and 45 boolits.  Sportsmans had no shortage either a couple of weeks ago when I walked through the reloading dept. I wasn't buyng since I don't need anything and was enjoying the view. LOL!  Are online prices really saving you that much money? Maybe I need to go online. 

I just had it out with them too. I needed something fast, and decided to order with expedited shipping. No problem... I had some Larry bucks banked from a previous order they screwed up. Well, they screwed up another one. Didn't make it out the door the same day. I send a bitch-o-gram to customer service, and followed up with a personal email to Larry.

Several days later, I got a response to the Larry email. More Larry bucks, but not from Larry. I was informed that Larry isn't really doing the day-to-day anymore. THERE'S YOUR TROUBLE. Send a bitch email directly to Larry's address. I have pretty much written them off too. It's a shame.

larrypotterfield@midwayusa.com

• Like 1

I had never had an issue with Midways prices or delivery, but their shipping charges were/are over the top, they are a last resort

if I have to go internet to buy. To be fair, they are not alone in making a living off shipping charges.  MidSouth usually has them all beat.

JMHO

Isn't MidSouth here in TN? If so, I'd have to add sales tax too.

I"e had no problem finding primers in brick and mortar stores. Academy had an end shelf full yesterday when I was there. They also had 9mm and 45 boolits.  Sportsmans had no shortage either a couple of weeks ago when I walked through the reloading dept. I wasn't buyng since I don't need anything and was enjoying the view. LOL!  Are online prices really saving you that much money? Maybe I need to go online. 

I haven't had much trouble finding them locally either, but not this cheap. Online prices are seldom cheaper due to hazmat fees and shipping. This promo knocked $28 off the price, so these primers were going to be 3 cents each including shipping. I usually don't see CCI primers that cheap WITH TAX at any local stores.

because I verified at least twice that I'd be able to transfer my current DVR recordings to online storage to make them available on the new DVR

and that this new offer/package wasn't just an introductory price.

Let us know how those things work out. biggrin.gif
  • Like 1