Any one want a whole deer?

I've been blessed to be able to hunt a farm for years and the place has become absolutely over run with deer.  Unfortunately  I have very little free time to hunt during the week.  I've already bagged 3 deer this year and there will be plenty more.  The land owner has asked me to kill as many deer as possible because they are destroying his crops.  Due to my work schedule I get to hunt for a couple of hours before work and I don't get off until after dark so I have zero time to process the deer in the daylight and I'm just not desperate enough to do it by flashlight.  So...  If anyone wants a whole deer (I may even leave tenderloins in) let me know.  I'm planning on hunting this place a lot throughout the season and a lot of deer will be coming off of it.  The deer will have to be picked up in Mount Juliet around 6:30 in the evenings.

• Like 5

Is there a processer in Mount Juliet . What is the going rate?
It is a generous offer.

Not sure, I took a deer to a processor twice the first year I deer hunted, I haven't used one since.  Houston's used to process deer, not sure if they still do.  Lots of Mount Juliet folks on here, maybe one will chime in.

Any Hunters for the Hungry processors in your area?

http://tnwf.org/our-programs/hunters-for-the-hungry/

The catch with this is that the processor still has to get paid.  By following the link above you can buy a "deer coin" for $50, which you present to the processor and they process the deer and donate it.  If anyone would like to pay for processing to donate the deer to Hunters For the Hungry I will be glad to deliver the deer to Lebanon Locker.  

The catch with this is that the processor still has to get paid.  By following the link above you can buy a "deer coin" for $50, which you present to the processor and they process the deer and donate it.  If anyone would like to pay for processing to donate the deer to Hunters For the Hungry I will be glad to deliver the deer to Lebanon Locker.  

There are a few that process free from donations, call the one you want to donate to and they will let you know if they have any slots left.

• Like 1

I would love to get one or two but I'm with you on the flashlight processing. I don't mind doing it but it would be around 10 before I would be done with it and I don't want to tackle that on a work night. I found a spot today while rabbit hunting that is closer to home than culeoka so I might just hunt that a couple times. 

This is an awesome offer, specially for anyone unsure of how good venison is. I didn't know what I didn't know about deer meat till I helped a buddy of mine process one he tagged, then we grilled the inner straps and parts of the hams. No gamey taste, tender as can be and that's what got me hunting. For anyone thinking that the price of a processor might be cost prohibitive, YouTube can be your guide. Watch some of the videos a few or dozen times and it'll soon be second nature.
10-Ring, if I don't tag one when we go do soups for the homeless I'll reach out to you to see if you have any. I'd jump on the offer now but there's a feeling I get from sighting in the muzzleloader to finally having a deer scoped in and everything that happens in between.
  • Like 1

Ok, I have ask for 2 for myself and for anyone looking for a processor I just got off the phone with mine and he said he can handle all the deer anyone needs processed but he only does standard cut. Does not do sausage or anything special. Does do burger if you want burger. He picks up all the deer he processes from Poindexters bait shop on 109

1 mile on left after you cross over the big river bridge in Gallatin where they are kept in a big cooler locker. Locker fee is 10 bucks  He processes your deer and takes it back to Poindexters and you can pick it up there when you are notified it is done. They will keep it frozen for you till you pick it up no charge for 8 days. Your cooler limit is also 8 days. If anyone is interested in having him process a deer for you PM me and I will give you his phone number and name.  The deer must be dropped off for processing at Poindexters Bait and Tackle which is also a Check in Station and open 6-6 Mon-Sat and 5:30 to 5 on Sunday. Hope this helps folks looking for a processor as they are getting very hard to find.................... :up:

Edited by bersaguy

FYI, Houston's in Mt Juliet no longer processes deer, but Lebanon Meat Locker in Lebanon on Market St does. I think they still may be a Hunter for the Hungry donation point also.

Oops, sorry Greg, I see you beat me to posting Lebanon Meat Locker  :up:

Edited by 221 Fireball
  • Like 2

Got my first deer from 10-Ring today and it is now hanging in Poindexters cooler waiting for processor to pick it up. It was a beautiful Buck and I think 8 point. He and his father went out this morning and dad bagged this big buck. I want to thank him for his generosity. He is a great guy to talk to and enjoyed getting to talk with him and his father. Both great individuals for sure. His dad is going to have a skull mount made which costs 60 Bucks and it can also be done through Poindexters Bait and Tackle also. I think the skull mounts look pretty cool from the pictures I saw............ :up: 

I have a buddy in Hendersonville who gave me a whole deer as his freezer is full from last year and this year as well.  He usually processes his own but since he has made the same offer of a free deer to several of his friends, he takes them to Flowers Deer Processing and then whoever can pick them up.  He was kind enough to drop off and pick up mine for me and I met him at the I40/109 exit to pick up the meat.  Cost is $80 for a standard processing, but can do whatever you want done per my buddy for an upcharge.  Just passing along another option for anyone wanting to take advantage of the OP's offer.  My buddy has a similar situation in that he hunts private land, so he hunts when he can.