I saw Force Awakens tonight..

I hope the writers choke on their lattes.

I was seriously considering letting go and watching it, but I think now I'll double down on my recent rants and say I'd rather do a year in jail than watch this peice of :poop:

This Kylo Ren chump is NOT Ben Solo. Never was a Ben Solo. Three Solo children there were, Jacen, Jaina & Anakin. Luke and Mara had a son named Ben. Jacen Solo Is the next Dark Lord.

Yall will undoubtedly laugh just like my wife and tell me its just a movie, get over it. Fine, whatever. Just piss on 30 years of fictional literature and more than 3/4 of my life spent reading and LOVING it.

What's next? I know! Frodo never took the One Ring to Mt. Doom, it was Meridoc Brandybuck and Frodo never existed!?!?
Maybe Rastlin & Caramon Majere were never brothers but actually gay lovers and Bruce Dickinson and Arianne Grande sang a duet at their wedding.
Then next Count Mondego can be the one to find the treasure of Sparta and we can start rewriting all fiction just for the hell of it.

I'd sooner forgive Judas Iscariot for betraying Christ than forgive these people. At least Judas had a job to do that had to be done.

Keep laughing, meanwhile a massive part of my childhood/teenage years has been completely and utterly corrupted and FUBAR.
  • Like 1

I hope the writers choke on their lattes.

I was seriously considering letting go and watching it, but I think now I'll double down on my recent rants and say I'd rather do a year in jail than watch this peice of :poop:

This Kylo Ren chump is NOT Ben Solo. Never was a Ben Solo. Three Solo children there were, Jacen, Jaina & Anakin. Luke and Mara had a son named Ben. Jacen Solo Is the next Dark Lord.

Yall will undoubtedly laugh just like my wife and tell me its just a movie, get over it. Fine, whatever. Just piss on 30 years of fictional literature and more than 3/4 of my life spent reading and LOVING it.

What's next? I know! Frodo never took the One Ring to Mt. Doom, it was Meridoc Brandybuck and Frodo never existed!?!?
Maybe Rastlin & Caramon Majere were never brothers but actually gay lovers and Bruce Dickinson and Arianne Grande sang a duet at their wedding.
Then next Count Mondego can be the one to find the treasure of Sparta and we can start rewriting all fiction just for the hell of it.

I'd sooner forgive Judas Iscariot for betraying Christ than forgive these people. At least Judas had a job to do that had to be done.

Keep laughing, meanwhile a massive part of my childhood/teenage years has been completely and utterly corrupted and FUBAR.

Hahahahahahaha ...
  • Like 2

Yeah, canon is dead and so is the whole franchise for my part.  I was never as big a fan of ANY of the 6 films as I was of the legend and lore written in ink.  It expounds on everything the films are, were and were yet to be.  As is every book ever written, much better than the big screen [except to the small minded].  

I suppose the fact that 30+ years of written works numbering in the hundreds is completely lost on the masses.  BUT, hey, they made millions of $$$ and that's all they care about.  

Seems to me, the movie would have been just as good from the eyes of the masses and made JUST as much money [more counting my ticket LOL!] if they had adhered to the already set story line.  There was still SO much left unexplored that they could have worked with and put their creative efforts.  Lucas was quite sharp in that all published works needed his approval before release and absolutely could NOT collide with his works.  Also, most all written work leaves a healthy space between their stories and the movies [By Lucas's own demand] so as not to intrude on future works.  

Really? You just got a +5 modifier to you're next "How cool am I" skill check.

Seriously. Her mother never read the books or chucked a polyhedral die in her life, but she let me name her Takhisis. Outside of certain circles I think only one or two people have ever caught it.

But Dragonlance taught me a valuable lesson about cannon. I went read it unless W&H wrote it. Everything else is fanfic. And even they can be wrong. Like for an entire age.

That made watching all of the Expanded Universe go *poof* easier to deal with.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk Edited by Murgatroy
  • Like 1
I have to wonder though, why I'm really surprised. Hollywood is nothing but tree huggin left wing hippy scum. It is the way of the liberal filth to rewrite history to suit themselves. It's that way in our government, public schools and even many churches. Why not our fiction.

I enjoyed the first three, lost interest during the second three, over it a long time now. I'll catch it on the small screen one of these days.

- OS

This is the way I see it. OS you nailed it. :woohoo:

Edited by crossfire

I have to wonder though, why I'm really surprised. Hollywood is nothing but tree huggin left wing hippy scum. It is the way of the liberal filth to rewrite history to suit themselves. It's that way in our government, public schools and even many churches. Why not our fiction.

74535cc53f1dc9be5c09d50946623046.jpg
  • Like 1

I enjoyed the first three, lost interest during the second three, over it a long time now. I'll catch it on the small screen one of these days.

- OS

It's not a movie I can't wait for it to come out on DVD, and someone loans me their copy. 

My boss decided that since we have to work on Christmas eve for a few hours, we would use that opportunity to.... go see star wars... again....

so tomorrow I go to see it for the 3rd time. The good news, I got to see it free the first time. The second was on a gift card (had to spend 62 cents at the concession counter) and tomorrow is free. That's a lot of entertainment for 62 cents.

I enjoyed it. I think I liked the first shots of the Falcon more that anything else. That set piece really is like a distinct character.

Spoliers:

The only real issue I had was that Finn and Rey not only know how to use a lightsabser having never seen or touched one before, but that they can do so quite well. Rey with zero training can match sabers with Kylo Ren? WTF? Seriously? Luke could barely keep from chopping his own arm off at that point in his life. He had to go hang out with Yoda for a while before he could sort of come close to staying alive against Vader on Bespin while Vader was pulling an Inigo Montoya and pretending to be left-handed. Just plain stupid and unnecessary. They could have handled the Kylo Ren vs. Finn/Rey much differently. Side note: How in the world is Finn still alive? Lightsabers melt through blast doors, but Finn can take a slice straight up his spine and live? Poe's jacket must be some mythical light-saber proof +1,000,000 armor.

• Like 1

Just watched it.  I never read any of the canon fiction, just watched the movies as they came out, so whatever changes they made from the published works don't bother me.  Overall a good movie, although at times I almost thought I was watching the first one again, albeit 38 years later.  One difference, I waited a week to see this one, saw the first on Day 1, in pretty much the same conditions, a theater about 1/4th full ...

• Like 2

Just seen it and I am mostly disappointed with the writers.  It was the first movie all over again, and I agree about the whole light saber battle, just not believable that a stormtrooper could keep up with a Jedi trained warrior.  I never read any of the books so from that aspect I can't really complain, but there was so much they could of done to make this a NEW movie and not redo the first one with better cgi.