Police No No

Any of you see the body camera footage of the K 9 Officer turning the dog loose on a truck driver who was stopped for not having a mud flap on a back wheel on his semi trailer. Didn't catch what state this was in.  The driver ran from them 2 times, but finally was stopped "with his hands in the air". First time he stopped an Officer got out of his Black and White and pointed a rifle or shotgun at him. When he seen that he took off the second time. He finally stopped and looked like he was talking to a State Trooper, from a distance, who yelled to the K 9 Officer to NOT turn the dog loose on the driver. The K 9 Officer ran at the guy and turned the dog loose instead. The State trooper walked up to the K 9 Officer and said didn't I yell loud enough? 

That K 9 Officer needs to be relieved of duty. This looks like to me one of those, "If You Have A Hammer, Everything Looks Like A Nail" situations IMO. 

Don't be that way with your concealed carry piece. They reported the K 9 Officer had been put on leave pending an investigation. IMO he's toast or should be!

Edited to add; That county or state is going to pay that guy a lot of money. 

Edited by pop pop
  • Wow 1

Yes I saw that the other day and had a hard time understanding why he released the dog.  Is it possible he misheard the one cop repeatedly saying don’t release the k9?  Many dudes are edited out to only show a narrative, but this one seemed to show the whole picture.    I see no valid reason why he released the dog. Unless the dog just got loose.   I know the guy refused to stop his truck, then once stopped, took off again, only stopping the final time because of spike strips.  I’m sure some if the cops were mad at him, but the days of roughing up the bad guys just because they pissed you off are gone.  There’s rarely a time when something isn’t being recorded. I think this dept will be settling a lawsuit.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Defender said:

Yes I saw that the other day and had a hard time understanding why he released the dog.  Is it possible he misheard the one cop repeatedly saying don’t release the k9?  Many dudes are edited out to only show a narrative, but this one seemed to show the whole picture.    I see no valid reason why he released the dog. Unless the dog just got loose.   I know the guy refused to stop his truck, then once stopped, took off again, only stopping the final time because of spike strips.  I’m sure some if the cops were mad at him, but the days of roughing up the bad guys just because they pissed you off are gone.  There’s rarely a time when something isn’t being recorded. I think this dept will be settling a lawsuit.

Agree with you But I hate to see any criminal get a dime    he put himself in that situation   

I'm assuming the K9 officer was local PD, not a State Trooper. If so, the K9 officer decides if the dog should be used, not another LEO from another agency, right?

7 minutes ago, Sleep profit said:

Agree with you But I hate to see any criminal get a dime    he put himself in that situation   

I think the same way. If you run from the cops twice, I have a hard time feeling sorry for you if you get bit by a K9, let alone getting paid for it.

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, BigK said:

I'm assuming the K9 officer was local PD, not a State Trooper. If so, the K9 officer decides if the dog should be used, not another LEO from another agency, right?

I think the same way. If you run from the cops twice, I have a hard time feeling sorry for you if you get bit by a K9, let alone getting paid for it.

But you know the narrative that will be floated…black guy gets attacked by police k9 for having a missing mud flap, NOT the fact that he ran from police both in his vehicle and on foot.  Not saying he deserved to get bit after surrendering, but am say that none of it would have happened had he not ran.

Edited by Defender
  • Like 4
  • Moderators
9 minutes ago, Defender said:

But you know the narrative that will be floated…black guy gets attacked by police k9 for having a missing mud flap, NOT the fact that he ran from police both in his vehicle and on foot.  Not saying he deserved to get bit after surrendering, but am say that none of it would have happened had he not ran.

This is one of those instances where I think many folks have a problem with looking at, and analyzing things in an honest manner. They always want to find a singular person to blame for the entirety of the situation. The reality is the guy who ran and the k9 officer were both wrong in their actions. 

The actions of either is neither excused nor justified by the actions of the other. Each must be investigated, charged, and prosecuted where appropriate independently and in isolation of the other  

• Like 6
29 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

This is one of those instances where I think many folks have a problem with looking at, and analyzing things in an honest manner. They always want to find a singular person to blame for the entirety of the situation. The reality is the guy who ran and the k9 officer were both wrong in their actions. 

The actions of either is neither excused nor justified by the actions of the other. Each must be investigated, charged, and prosecuted where appropriate independently and in isolation of the other  

Agree 100%, and I’m sure the cop will pay the price for his actions.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Defender said:

You are 100% correct. Only one side of the story will be told. And like you said, he didn't necessarily deserve to get bit, but he was largely responsible for what happened.

2 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

I'm willing to agree both parties were in the wrong, yet I will not concede that they are equally in the wrong. LOL

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, BigK said:

I'm willing to agree both parties were in the wrong, yet I will not concede that they are equally in the wrong. LOL

You’re right. The officer’s excessive use of force by sending in his K9 to attack a subject who was fully surrendered, non-resistant, and in the custody of another officer is far worse. 

• Like 1

Has it ever been released why he ran?  Other warrants, drugs, ...?

Why would he get pulled over for a mud flap? I get how picky they are with commercial vehicles, but blue lights for a mud flap?  Wouldn't a call to the company suffice?  

And the cop who released the dog needs to answer for that. I also get that dogs get excited but K9s should be held to a higher standard. 

• Like 1

Is anyone going to post a link of this heinous act by a cop in another state?  I really don’t care, but if we’re debating LEO’s and their doings again others might enjoy jumping in with opinions.  😆

Edited by Garufa
  • Moderators
10 minutes ago, peejman said:

Why would he get pulled over for a mud flap? I get how picky they are with commercial vehicles, but blue lights for a mud flap?  Wouldn't a call to the company suffice?  

When you drive a CMV, DOT can pull you over at any time for any or no reason at all and perform a roadside inspection. It isn’t like someone in their POV. Totally different rule set for CMVs. That mud flap is a violation in and of itself.

That kind of thing is also generally a red flag that more violations are likely to be found because it’s the sort of thing that should be found and corrected during the legally mandated pre-trip inspection. 

• Like 2
  • Moderators
10 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Is anyone going to post a link of this heinous act by a cop in another state?  I really don’t care, but if we’re debating LEO’s and their doings others might enjoy jumping in with opinions.  😆

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvFTUw8gh1q/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Western Express is a Nashville based company. Better than average chance the driver is a Tennessean. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
6 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

When you drive a CMV, DOT can pull you over at any time for any or no reason at all and perform a roadside inspection. It isn’t like someone in their POV. Totally different rule set for CMVs. That mud flap is a violation in and of itself.

That kind of thing is also generally a red flag that more violations are likely to be found because it’s the sort of thing that should be found and corrected during the legally mandated pre-trip inspection. 

Fair enough I guess. Just seems rather nit picky. Kinda like getting pulled over for an expired tag. 

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, peejman said:

Fair enough I guess. Just seems rather nit picky. Kinda like getting pulled over for an expired tag. 

😂😂😂😂

Nit picky is the name of the game when it comes to DOT. Most especially in Ohio. That said, if it was somewhere else, I would say the odds would be 50/50 that the officer would’ve just given him a warning and told him to go get it fixed at the next truck stop. 

2 hours ago, peejman said:

Has it ever been released why he ran?  Other warrants, drugs, ...?

And the cop who released the dog needs to answer for that. I also get that dogs get excited but K9s should be held to a higher standard. 

You aren’t supposed to ask that. Just accept the narrative.

4 hours ago, peejman said:

Because those big tires pick up all kinds of crap off the road and throw it at vehicles behind them. Lots of damage and plenty of wrecks have been caused by this. It may seem small, but its actually a major safety issue. 

Just my 2 cents: the driver had surrendered, hands up and co-operating. Dog was not needed. Driver is gonna be rich. 🙄

• Like 2

The K9 cop should be fired and prosecuted, no doubt about that. The truck driver (Jadarrius Rose) will sue and get rich on the backs of taxpayers who employ the idiot cop thanks to qualified immunity.

What's not fair is that Rose ran from the cops twice. He escalated a routine traffic stop into a multi-jurisdictional chase. Unfortunately, the chase drew in the idiot K9 officer from a neighboring podunk town and the only thing the world will know about is what this moron cop did.

Edited by BigK
typo
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Because those big tires pick up all kinds of crap off the road and throw it at vehicles behind them. Lots of damage and plenty of wrecks have been caused by this. It may seem small, but its actually a major safety issue. 

Just my 2 cents: the driver had surrendered, hands up and co-operating. Dog was not needed. Driver is gonna be rich. 🙄

The driver's lawyer will be more rich. 

• Haha 1