Soup In Summer

pop pop

Sitting around this morning and decided to prepare a big pot of Soup (2 Gallon). We had guest over last Saturday, and had some Baked Ham, and the bone, left over from that dinner. I chunked a good portion along with 2 Sirloin Steaks chunked and added fresh veggies and tomato sauce and diced tomatoes with Chili Beans. 

My sweetie's 2 sisters are coming in tomorrow for this weekend. Guess What? They will eat some also. I don't know what it is, but it seems soup and chili get better with time. Going to feast tonight. What we don't eat in the next couple days, we will put in individual containers and freeze it. That way I can take it out as I have the need.   

• Like 2

I think you’re right chili is always better the second day Strange but true I love chili the hotter the better  inmates in the county jail made it every Sunday  when I worked  there.   You should have seen Big state troopers with tears in their eyes trying to eat that chili lol 

• Like 1
  • Moderators
54 minutes ago, Defender said:

I love soup and chili in any season...maybe more so in cold weather, but still like it in summer.

I am the same. I can eat chili even if it's 100 degrees outside. And love Minestrone soup anytime. 

• Like 2

I approve of soup year round.
For a long time my work lunch was a can of soup. 
At home make a lot of soups fall and winter. We especially like it because we have leftovers, sometimes for a couple days. 
One favorite is Rachel Rays BLT soup. We also made chili, bison stew and a German version of cauliflower soup with beef. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, pop pop said:

Sitting around this morning and decided to prepare a big pot of Soup (2 Gallon). We had guest over last Saturday, and had some Baked Ham, and the bone, left over from that dinner. I chunked a good portion along with 2 Sirloin Steaks chunked and added fresh veggies and tomato sauce and diced tomatoes with Chili Beans. 

My sweetie's 2 sisters are coming in tomorrow for this weekend. Guess What? They will eat some also. I don't know what it is, but it seems soup and chili get better with time. Going to feast tonight. What we don't eat in the next couple days, we will put in individual containers and freeze it. That way I can take it out as I have the need.   

I agree. Soups, chili, and spagetti sauces all taste better with time add to the mix. Gives the ingredients a chance to blend all their flavors together. Makes for good eating!

• Like 3

I make Burgoo all year round. It's between a soup and stew. I make my own BBQ with my old school homemade open pit. I cook pork , deer , and mutton on it and mixed up all those meats and put them into my Burgoo . It some of the best stew/soup you'll ever eat. 

• Like 1

My wife makes chicken soup about every month. She uses a Costco rotisserie chicken that we cut from for a day or two then she boils it, removes the remaining meat and then slow cooks the carcass for about 10 hours. Makes the best broth. She always changes up what veggies added to it.  I really think eating chicken soup on a regular basis has kept us from getting colds. 

• Like 1