The clock is ticking…

Submitted Jul 28, 2023 so 168 days or 24 weeks on my 30 cal can. 

Submitted Nov 22, 2023 or 51 days or 7 weeks and 2 days on my .338 can. 

I was told things are running 8~9 months right now on Form 4's 

May your approval come quickly!

It's been a few years since my last purchase, but I had heard it was 9 months or longer from several people and sources, so I just put a reminder on my calendar to check on it after 8 months or so, I basically forgot about it during the time frame.  Don't make it hard on yourself.  LOL

Wait time is a strange animal. I’ve had one take nine months from submitted to approval. I recently purchased through Capitol armory and the submit date was December 20th, approved January 8th. Less than 3 weeks. 

11 minutes ago, NoBanStan said:

I think the more important question for you guys with 4-5 cans is... how do you get that past the wife?!?! I only want the one!

sushhhhhh. Don't tell her, or at least not the full cost. Better to break it up and say oh those are not that expensive because there are not many parts, just a tube with some cheap metal baffles inside. Last one I did I paid for my can with cash and used the card for the stamp. All she saw was a $200 charge. Pretty cheap in her eyes since she is used to much higher charges from the gun store usually. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, OldIronFan said:

sushhhhhh. Don't tell her, or at least not the full cost. Better to break it up and say oh those are not that expensive because there are not many parts, just a tube with some cheap metal baffles inside. Last one I did I paid for my can with cash and used the card for the stamp. All she saw was a $200 charge. Pretty cheap in her eyes since she is used to much higher charges from the gun store usually. 

I will be honest, I wasn't expecting a legit answer to that. LOL!

So yeah, thanks!

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

I think the more important question for you guys with 4-5 cans is... how do you get that past the wife?!?! I only want the one!

Yep. Love to have one for a couple of 9s.

• Like 1
On 1/17/2024 at 4:48 PM, NoBanStan said:

Good luck stopping at one...

Just had my quickest ever form 4 approved at 102 days. Still have another at 127 days pending.  So much for the order they're received. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. 175 was the previous fastest and had one that took 300 days exactly. 

• 1 month later...

Two more form 4s submitted today. We will see how long they take. My FFL told me he had an individual form 4 (mine are on a trust) recently come back in three days. He has seen form 4s on a trust come back in three weeks since the ATF updated the e-form system. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

I know. And of course I did a trust. I’m wondering if the individual Form4s are all but automated now. The Trust paperwork may have to at least has one set of eyes on it. 

Edited by Snaveba
  • 5 weeks later...

I had a 28.5 hour approval this week (filed as individual).

Bought directly from Griffin Arm. through Capitol Armory so not in hand yet, but was exited to see such a quick turnaround on the F4.