Birthday Gift

Took my daughter to Outpost Armory looking for a Ruger Max 9 for my son-in-law's birthday. They did not have one, so we ended up purchasing a Springfield Armory Hellcat 9 MM. Do any of you guys have any experience with a Hellcat? It and the Max 9 are similar in size and ease of carry. 

My son in law owns one and really likes it. I shot it and thought it was a good shooter. I've owned a bunch of Springfields (but not a Hellcat) and found them all to be very reliable. I think it's a better choice than the Ruger.

The guy at Outpost said he has carried one for a long time and really liked it. The thing came with 4 magazines, 2 15 rounders, and can carry up to 16 rounds with the extended mags. Might be just a small amount larger than the Max 9 I have. I really like the Ruger I have. 

• Like 1

Found the hellcat pro to be fantastic… normal hellcat just a tad short in grip for me. A lot better with the extended mags so u can get your pinky solidly seated on frame will help the hellcat a lot though

two upgrades I found made it a tremendous shooter;

1. APEX trigger kit (lightens trigger, found the 8lb stock to be tough). Can shoot this better than full-sized Glock now

2. Hogue grip (night/day in shootability). The small frame just beats the crap out of your hand, this gives it just enough forgiveness where u won’t walk out after a long range session with a bruised hand. Found gun just crushed the interior thumb bone with recoil

Edited by Fencersms

Thanks for the replies and info. S I L will get it today. His 31 Y O son, who has "Downs Syndrome", wanted his mother to wrap the pistol box in pink paper. She did. His dad picks at Cody all the time. A little payback never hurts. His whole family will be here at 1:00 for lunch. BBQ and Fried Chicken, cheezie Mack n cheese, baked beans, salad ranch dressing, Coconut cream pie and B Day Cake, you know, Man food guys.

My birthday today also, 76 today. Just never figured I would be here for this day. I am blessed by God.  Bible says man's normal allotted days, baring accident or health, are three score and 10 (70 Years). Or if blessed four score (80 Y O).  I AM TRAVELING BLESSED TIME GUYS. Jesus Christ is the way.

(John 3:16-17) For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through Him.

Life is good for me today.  I have accomplished the things necessary to put myself into the position to be able to take advantage of God's saving grace, through faith, in His Son Jesus. Put simply, I am on the way to heaven, today.

Can't wait to see Son In Laws face getting a 12" square Pink Box that he has no Idea what is in it. We goanna have a big laugh, together! 

• Like 6
  • Love 7
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the well wishes guys. We had the party yesterday and SIL mother wondered about the box wrapped in pink that my daughter handed to him. He had a little sheepish grin on his face as he opened it. When he seen the Hellcat he instantly had a big rein on his face. The thing came with medium sized man purse bag, 4 mags and a Mag loader. He really liked the 10, 13, and two 15 round mags selection that came with it. I showed him how each size made a difference when drawing from a pocket. He was well pleased with the size also. He has semi large hands and the gun fit him much better than his Ruger LCP 9. He is a volunteer designated concealed carrier for his church. 

Later we were outside repairing my daughters truck, and were alone. He asked me if it was true that Cody suggested his mom wrap the package in pink paper. I told him Cody certainty did. "He said That little Sh__" then did a big belly laugh.

His whole family was laughing when daughter brought the package to him wrapped in pink. His mother asked my daughter what we were doing. We all had a big laugh at her question, and she had a very puzzled look on her face until we explained what happened. It was all in fun and he went along. What good daddy's do ain't it..... 

Edited by pop pop

Talked to son in law this morning and he has already ordered a green laser and an IWB holster for the Hellcat. Told him I have a pocket holster for the Hellcat so he is bringing it over tonight to see if it will fit my DeSantis Nemesis Pocket Holster I have here at the house. I have my Ruger Max 9 in one we modified.  I like pocket carry. If I go IWB I go bigger, MP 9C 2.0. 

• 4 weeks later...