Ever wanted to pull over a cop for speeding?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest m&pc9
Seemed a little off to me.

I would have loved for that cop to gotten out of his car and tazed that goofball after all the smack he talked. :)

Did you notice when he was saying the cop was scared, the camera was shaking like crazy.

Well, just cause an officer isn't rolling code 3 doesn't mean he isn't going to a priority call. I also think it was pretty stupid to corner the deputy and chase him around like that. That could have ended poorly for everybody.

With that said, that kids got balls made of steel. I give him props for calling the deputy out for speeding for no reason.

That idiot is lucky he didn't cause a wreck trying to prove a stupid point. I'm sure he really changed that deputy's perception on life.

What do you expect from someone who can't string a complete sentence together without dropping the F bomb 8 times though?

Had it been the guy's intention to actually document wrong doing by the deputy and either report it or with his bravado actually try and make a citizens arrest....I might (despite the language) be able to support the guy.

But to me it looks like his intention was to just harass and be a d**k toward the officer.....hard to back that anymore than if it was the other way around.

On a separate note...I know LEOs rush to calls all the time, but in TN they can not legally violate any traffic laws unless they have both their lights and sirens activated.

Guest AmericanWorkMule

I remember a few (many) years back it made the news when a joe citizen actually pulled/forced a cop over on Briley Parkway in east Nashville for speeding without emergency lights on. The cop gave the guy a ticket for reckless driving or something.

I forgot what happened after the dust settled a few days later. :screwy:

Guest Phantom6
On a separate note...I know LEOs rush to calls all the time, but in TN they can not legally violate any traffic laws unless they have both their lights and sirens activated.

Yup, and their departments hang them out to dry if there is an accident. In our town the C.O. P. won't let the guys respond to an alarm call quick, fast and in a hurry. Even if it's a panic button alarm. When somebody gets killed or seriously injured that will change but it's a shame that that will have to happen first.

Had it been the guy's intention to actually document wrong doing by the deputy and either report it or with his bravado actually try and make a citizens arrest....I might (despite the language) be able to support the guy.

But to me it looks like his intention was to just harass and be a d**k toward the officer.....hard to back that anymore than if it was the other way around.

I agree there are other ways to report an officer doing something wrong and clearly the officer was wrong and risked peoples lives by going that fast without his emergency lights on. As for the driver why risk other peoples lives to ask an officer his name and confront him. This guy is not brave and has no balls, he is just plain dumb.

Guest canynracer
I agree there are other ways to report an officer doing something wrong and clearly the officer was wrong and risked peoples lives by going that fast without his emergency lights on. As for the driver why risk other peoples lives to ask an officer his name and confront him. This guy is not brave and has no balls, he is just plain dumb.

yep yep...

Most states have laws that state the only time an emergency vehicle is exempt from traffic laws is when they are displaying emergency lights & sirens. It doesn't matter if it's a "priority call" or not.

55-8-108. Authorized emergency vehicles. —

(a) The driver of an authorized emergency vehicle, when responding to an emergency call, or when in the pursuit of an actual or suspected violator of the law, or when responding to but not upon returning from a fire alarm, may exercise the privileges set forth in this section, but subject to the conditions stated in this section.

(:shake: (1) A driver of an authorized emergency vehicle operating the vehicle in accordance with subsection (a) may:

(A) Park or stand, notwithstanding other provisions of this chapter that regulate parking or standing;

(:rolleyes: Proceed past a red or stop signal or stop sign, but only after slowing down as may be necessary for safe operation;

© Exceed the speed limits so long as life or property is not thereby endangered; and

(D) Disregard regulations governing direction of movement or turning in specified directions.

(2) Subdivision (:)(1) shall not relieve the driver of an authorized emergency vehicle from the duty to drive with due regard for the safety of all persons, nor shall subdivision (:)(1) protect the driver from the consequences of the driver's own reckless disregard for the safety of others.

© (1) The exemptions granted under subsection (;) to a driver of an authorized emergency vehicle shall only apply when the vehicle is making use of audible and visual signals meeting the requirements of the applicable laws of this state, except that while parked or standing, an authorized emergency vehicle shall only be required to make use of visual signals meeting the requirements of the applicable laws of this state.

(2) Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the driver of an authorized emergency vehicle, while parked or standing, from making use of both audible and visual signals meeting the requirements of the applicable laws of this state, in the discretion of the driver.

(d) An authorized emergency vehicle operated as a police vehicle may be equipped with or display a red light only in combination with a blue light visible from in front of the vehicle.

(e) Notwithstanding the requirement of this section that drivers of authorized emergency vehicles exercise due regard for the safety of all persons, no municipality or county nor the state or any of its political subdivisions, nor their officers or employees, shall be liable for any injury proximately or indirectly caused to an actual or suspected violator of a law or ordinance who is fleeing pursuit by law enforcement personnel. The fact that law enforcement personnel pursue an actual or suspected violator of a law or ordinance who flees from pursuit shall not render the law enforcement personnel, or the employers of the law enforcement personnel, liable for injuries to a third party proximately caused by the fleeing party unless the conduct of the law enforcement personnel was negligent and that negligence was a proximate cause of the injuries to the third party.