New Carry Piece-Glock G27-Opinions Anyone

krunchnik

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

Nice. That might be the next gun I pick up for use as pocket carry/backup/runnin' to the store gun, unless I trade out the XD to a XD9 or Glock 19as my primary, then I would want to pick up a G26.

How would does it fit in your front pocket (cargo shorts, kaki pants...)? I would have a holster of course.:rolleyes:

Edited by db99wj

JMNSHMFO,You asked for it.You would be better off with a Glock 23,reason being the 26/27 is too big for pocket carry so if you are going to carry in a holster you may as well go with a gun that offers a full grip,again JMNSHMFO.:rolleyes: And I have owned and carried both so I speak from sperience:p

Guest JHatmaker

Good choice. Don't know about any issues, but as far as modifications, you can always add a stainless steel guide rod, and slide catch extension, and/or 3.5 lb trigger job.

I have one and its great, but only with the finger extension on Mag!

What is Glock Leg? ( Surely not a reference for some fools shooting themselves in the leg?):(

You win the grand prize,thats zactly what it is,some fool shooting oneself in the posterior extremus region.puts a whole new meaning to pain in the #@$%.:bow:

I had an OD Green Glock 27 and was very suprised as to how accurate it was to be such a small gun. The only things I changed on it is I put the grip extension on the 2 mags I had and then put a 3.5 lb Ghost trigger on it.

Yeh,I already ordered the extensions,not the ones that add a round count although,I read somewhere that sometimes they have mag problems with the different type extensions.

Guest Todd@CIS
JMNSHMFO,You asked for it.You would be better off with a Glock 23,reason being the 26/27 is too big for pocket carry so if you are going to carry in a holster you may as well go with a gun that offers a full grip

+1

Never understood why people buy a G26/G27, put finger a extension on it, and then carry it in a belt holster. Seems a G19/G23 would have been a better choice to begin with.

Back to the OP, the G27 is an accurate and reliable piece...but you already knew that.

Edited by Todd@CIS
Guest Todd@CIS
The only mods you need are night sights and ammo.

+1

This is not a "need," but I'd put in a G17 trigger if it were mine (did the same to my G19).

I don't like the serrated triggers.

Edited by Todd@CIS
This is it,I changed my full time piece to a Glock G27,did I make a good choice(I know I did),any opinions on what peculiarities these have if any,you know things like Glock leg and so forth.:tinfoil:

You'll learn to love it; but get a good pocket holster for it. That will fix the "Glock leg" thing. I carry my glock 33 in an aholster kydex pocket holster made by Allen Miller in Greeneville, TN. The holster is great. Will work in your front or hip pocket. Here is the link to Allen's site:

Holsters and accessories

By the way; I fully agree with those who disparrage the addition of the finger rests on these little guns. The whole idea of concealing them is to make them short. If you make the grip longer; you just as well get a bigger gun. My Glock 33 is a 357 SIG (which is; by the way, what the 9mm was PURPORTED TO BE). It has a very loud bark; but is very controllable without the grip extension (and i have big hands). Just add a set of the sand type decal grips. They help greatly.

Have fun!

LEROY

Guest AreSeeFiddyWon

I primarily carry a G27 with the standard magazine and a spare 13rd G23 mag.

Add me to the list of those that dislike the finger extensions. When I bought it I added an extension to one of the mags. I tried it both ways at the range and it's more natural for me without it. Even when I shoot with the 13rd mag I don't use my pinky to grip. For whatever reason, it just works for me.

I have a G23 too and it's a great pistol, but I prefer the G27.

Guest icehead
JMNSHMFO,You asked for it.You would be better off with a Glock 23,reason being the 26/27 is too big for pocket carry so if you are going to carry in a holster you may as well go with a gun that offers a full grip,again JMNSHMFO.;) And I have owned and carried both so I speak from sperience:p

I'm with this guy. I cant pocket carry an auto. Its a great gun, but if you are not going to carry in a ankle rig as a back up to a G23. I would just go with a G23.